Click Here!

Idea for search engine

afbutler13

To be honest this is my first post and i don't know if it is in the correct section, sorry if its not. My idea is simple from what i can tell. Many people on here are upseat or inconvenienced by the search engine not being able to search for some story codes. The other side is that it is so difficult to modify a search engine to do so. Well in my opinion wouldn't the middle ground here be to make all of the codes atleast 4 letters. Sure it may be a little troublesome to figure out but its gotta be easier then overhauling a search engine. So a few extra people may have to post there warnings on the inside, still it solve multiple problems for the most part. What does everyone else think?

Sorry if this is in the wrong section I wasn't sure.

While that's an excellent idea, it would only address issues with new stories and wouldn't automatically change the older codes in the stories already uploaded. The other aspect of it, is that codes are part of the summary and we don't want to take away from that aspect either.

Thanks for the suggestion though!

• 1 year later...
Guest HideAndGoSeek

Maybe I just haven't found this yet but I know the titles of fics that I would like to go back to and reread but there's no search box for the fic titles. All you have are forums adn a search box for author's and bios. Before this new look you had a search box for story titles and key words in the summary and I used it a lot, not only to find stories that I know but to find stories with something specific that I wanted to read using the key word search. Can you put that back on the site? It was so convenient and using the forums is kind of confusing and usually unhelpful. Please please please put the search box for fic titles and summaries back on the site! Thank you!

Wen you are in the Archive, go to the subdomain in which you want to search. At the top, under the Member Tools tab, is a dropdown menu which contains the Search function. You can search by Author, Story Title, or Story Summary in that search function.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.