Click Here!

AFF Forum's One-Year Anniversary

EveKnight75

On January 1st, the AFF forums will have existed for one entire year.

This past year, we've gone through a temporary shut-down that lasted much longer than expected, a change of staff both here at the forums and the main site, structural site changes, new skins, underagers, members leaving us... the list goes on and on.

Yet, for all of that, AFF survived and its forum emerged to be an excellent one full of amazing members. The regular members are a close-knit bunch who don't cause trouble, the new tech team works hard and does an amazingly consistent job, and one of the site admins takes great care to make sure these forums don't disappear on us. We're assigning new moderators, all of whom are well-known, friendly, reasonable, trustworthy, and loyal members here at the AFF forums. The new emerging moderating team has all the signs of being a well-oiled machine in the days to come.

For all of that, I'd just like to say - yay us! (meaning all of us here at the forums). We've survived one of the toughest times we're ever likely to go through, and we're very likely to survive for many more years to come.

Right now, we're coming up with a lot of ideas to celebrate the anniversary. The basic events have already been decided upon, including a contest or two, a birthday theme, and a chance to take advantage of us staff members wink.gif. When the details are finalized, we'll post a sticky here at Aimless Babble, so be sure to keep an eye out for that.

Happy Anniversary!

Well, I'd like to say that I hate you, too, Knorg, but the closest emotion I can come up with is apathy. *yawn*

Anyhoo, happy one year or something like that

bounce.gifthumbsup.gif

Which one are you again? Drawin' a blank here.

For all of that, I'd just like to say - yay us! (meaning all of us here at the forums). We've survived one of the toughest times we're ever likely to go through, and we're very likely to survive for many more years to come.

Nah.

I think one of the toughest times would be the outbreak of a massive flame war, or an invasion of trolls.

The extended disappearance of the site this forum's about is nothing compared to such a potential catastrophe.

Possibly.

Well, well, well... Time sure flies when you're having fun, doesn't it!

It seems like yesterday when I first signed on... *sigh* And who would have thought I'd meet such a wonderful group of demented and perverted people! laugh.gif Its so nice to find a place where you belong!

Happy Anniversary to all of us! biggrin.gif

Guest Evil_Labs

Wow, I remember this place just starting up... It seems we were busier than we are now. I suspect we lost a few people in the server mash up a while back, but things have been steadily regrowing. Hopefully it will get even better as time goes on.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder that the forum anniversary is this Monday (January 1). We've been really busy, and we're nearly done with the preparations for the anniversary.

I'm not going to say too much at this point. Everything will become clear on Monday. I'd suggest switching to the default skin (Invision Power Board) to receive a surprise. Rack up those points because you just may need them. Get your creativity flowing because it just may earn you a reward or two.

Our final plans to celebrate the forum's first birthday shall be unveiled soon.