Click Here!

Happy Halloween!

EveKnight75

I'd just like to take the time to wish everyone a Happy Halloween. It's one of my favorite holidays.

This year, I went to a restaurant/nightclub on Friday for a Halloween party. It was really cold, so I dressed up as a pirate captain. The restaurant does have a dress code, after all. On the dance floor, the clothes came off and I became a prostitute from the early 1900s (but I kept my sword because my friends said it looked hot).

A really cute cowboy kept asking me to dance. He was really sweet, and taught me a few ballroom moves, plus the Bochata (he was Latin American). I have two left feet, but he certainly didn't seem to mind. I even managed to get his phone number, but my cellphone whacked out on me the next day and I lost all the phone numbers that I had input that entire week, including his. Damn!

No trick or treating for me unfortunately. That sucks because I love collecting candy and wearing a costume. It's also unusually warm out this Halloween night, so I could have gone as a prostitute straight out without worrying about Canadian autumn.

My sister's 12 and she thinks she's outgrown trick-or-treating. Plus, our building doesn't allow it, which is a shame because even the cranky elderly single businesspeople and are complaining about the policy. Apparently, they enjoy giving out candy after a long day at work because it's interesting to see the costumes. The whole thing reminds them of their childhood and puts them in a good mood. The tenants are fighting the policy as we speak.

As for the rest of the neighborhood - it's mostly Pakistani immigrants who have no idea what Halloween is and don't have candy on hand. Once they learn about it, they do their best to enjoy it the next year. Still, I'm not sure they could handle a young woman of Muslim Indian subcontinental origin dressed as a prostitute. It might sour the newbies to the holiday from the start, and I certainly don't want that, now do I?

I'm really gonna miss the childhood aspects of Halloween. I'm a chocoholic - I love collecting candy. Too bad I can't pull it off at my age. I also enjoy doing a good deed by collecting Halloween donations for UNICEF.

My solace comes in the fact that there are tons of university-hosted Halloween parties out there that I can attend. Still, alcohol is a poor substitute for chocolate. I just have to hope that I can attract another cute guy or girl next year - and keep the number!

So, what are you doing this Halloween? What costume are you wearing? What's your favorite part of Halloween, and what's your favorite way to celebrate?

Scared the living daylights out of the wee ones for a few hours. Our house was possibly the best dressed on the block, and my brother and I set everyone up for a good scare. He was rather well hidden next to the porch, but I was better hidden behind the house. So when they'd come back and see him waiting, I sneaked up behind and gave fright.

Did have a few people who needed to have their heads examined (seriously, who encourages their five year old to attack a high school senior and a college sophmore who are both over six feet and armed with replica weapons?) but nothing too serious.

Then went out and got about a three pounds of processed sugar. Sadly, the neighborhood was rather dark this year. Alas.

Normally days like this are pretty droll now that I'm an adult. But staying true to this year, I fell and sprained my right foot along with my left hand. Luckily I didn't break any bones, but since this all happened before I could take my daughter trick or treating, well, it pretty much kept us from going out. sad.gif

Needless to say I felt horrible. I can't walk, I can barely type, so yeah, the trick was on me this year...tongue.gif

Guest echtrae

This year it was my turn to take the kids out trick-or-treating. Considering how cold it is outside, they stayed out far longer than I would have expected. The oldest counted the houses, 31 in case you're interested.

Kids were coming to the door before I got home from work.

I don't know how it happened, but one of the mice got out of the cage (the stupid one), and the cat caught it. Of course my youngest daughter to whom the mouse owed its pathetic life, saw the cat go by carrying something white in her mouth, and it had a tail.

Well, I've never heard such moaning and wailing, and one unfortunate cat as my husband caught her by the scruff and gave her a talking to.

We found the lucky mouse alive under my dresser, not a scratch. (Quite frankly, I was expecting something a tad more grisly.)

Yeah, the kids got loot, and the 18 yr old ain't home yet, and the middle kid is dressed up as a pirate scaring little babies that dare to come to the door, and the East Indians in the neighborhood have been shooting off fireworks for 3 nights now, driving our dog crazy (who was bound in the dungeon). She attempted to escape by gnawing the doorknob off. Poor thing. She hates fireworks.

Last night I, my brother, and about 12 others brought together 20 dozen sets of tenball roman candles and went to war. Soon the cop across the street from my brother's friends house unleashed his arsenal and it was us against us against him. There's now a hole in the leg of my Santa suit, which is a halloween phone number machine, but that's ok because afterwards, I swung by my girlfriend's, watched all three Evildead movies, in which she passed out during the second.

Guest Serenanna

Hummm, halloween. In years past, it was me, my brother, bad costumes, one pumpkin by the door, and one trip up and down the block and back with no wanderings. That was it. It stopped in high school when store costumes no longer seemed to fit me.

So . . . nada. We don't even get the trick or treat-ers even if our house is big and imposing since we're across a busy street at night.

But I do have something to celebrate this year.

Final Fantasy XII.

I'll see you all in the middle of next week! ^O^

Sere, tied up with a PS2 controller

Guest lightgoddess

Halloween is my favorite holiday. Our office dressed up for work (except for one doctor and one nurse*who is also a preacher*). The doctor that dressed up was a wizard (complete with Harry Potter light-up/sound making wand), one nurse was a redneck man (she rather resembled one of our... less plesant smelling patients), another nurse was an old nurse complete with softball titties that hung down to her waist, a fake butt hanging out of the back of her lab coat, and white knee-highs one pulled up to the knee and one rolled down to her ankle. The other secretary that I work with was an angel and I was the devil, resplendant in my fishnets and 5 inch ruby platform mary-janes. laugh.gif I think our patients had a better time than we did.

After I got home, I gave out candy to my 8 trick-or-treaters, fixed myself some soup, and before going to bed, performed a small ritual in honor of the day of the dead. It was a nice day.

For Evil Labs: Eh, actually i have no idea what the point of Ju-on 2 was. I mean the first half-hour, fourty-five minutes of the movie was the last half-hour, fourty-five minutes of the first movie. And then there was weirdness, lots of weirdness, basically Kayako and her daughter causing mass chaos to anyone who so much looks at the goddamned house. There was some nifty imagery, but no plot whatsoever.

Guest Evil_Labs

Maybe they were trying to justify Grudge 2 here in the US, then. Though, I didn't see that.

It just seems to me that at the end of the first one, that whole town has not a single person left in it. o.O