Click Here!

Pimp Your Fic

Guest lightgoddess

Guest lightgoddess

I think with a thread about the lack of reviews we need an ego boosting thread for the authors! biggrin.gif Have you written a story that you just love? One that you enjoyed writing so much that left you feeling warm and fuzzy when you finished? What was so special about it?

Tell us all what your favorite of your own stories is! I know we all write in different fandoms or the original section, but this thread is just so we, as authors, can preen a bit and pimp our own writing. Hell, leave a link if you want!!

C'mon, let's here it!!

Seven Minutes in Heaven is a personal favorite. It's a Jan/Peter in the Brady Bunch fandom.

I remember writing this roughly a year ago. I had just started my first year of university. I was nervous about doing all of my first papers at once. I was suffering from insomnia. I was still recovering from having all of my wisdom teeth pulled out. I was still bummed out over my dad's death. My blood sugar levels weren't at their best. My old friend the migraine decided to party with me. I was on 5 different medications.

I was completely spaced out when I wrote and posted this fic. It was my first fanfic ever. That's one of the reasons it has sentimental value.

It's also a favorite because I surprised myself. I had never been able to write smut because I was too self-conscious. This fic may not be very graphic, but it is the hottest thing I have ever written, hands down.

Maybe that's the reason so many of the greatest authors were constantly intoxicated. It certainly did wonders for my writing. Come to think of it, some of my best work is done when I'm sick, taking extra medication, and slightly out of it. I tried getting drunk once, but I have an unusually high tolerance considering my height.

So yeah. Click the link, read, and review. I like concrit the best. (I usually don't pimp my fics but that's what this thread is for, isn't it?)

Guest achtungnight

All my stories are my favorites to some degree, but I'll only pick five.

"Fear, Lust, and Vanity." Scarlett Johansson, Keira Knightley, and Rachel McAdams pose nude together and then get involved in a car chase and hot lesbian sex. This story got me started in the business of writing celebrity erotica. It was an instant bestseller and has remained a classic no matter what. I put a lot of creativity and imagination into it, and I have never felt bad about having done so.

"The Rendezvous." Keri Russell, Evan Rachel Wood, Alicia Witt, and Erika Christensen start making the Upside of Anger and at the same time get involved in things far more intense than any film. Far more interesting too. The story makes powerful and shockingly realistic statements about emotion, acting, and prejudice. Its characters and situations are even more complex than FLV, and I somewhat topped myself, even if the fans do not agree. People have accused me of turning into a pundit with this story, and to some degree they've been right. Still, my pride has never wavered in what I've done. smile.gif I even briefly considered doing a full-blown saga as a sequel to this work- only stopping when I realized my ideas weren't really worth their possible consequences. Oh well, at least I got three good stories out of it.

"X-Men 3: Additional Aftermath." This story got major attention and rocked. It made a good movie far better. It also showcased an excellent effort from every character involved.

"Two Cats in Heat." A well-written story about celebrity athletes. Simple, yet complex on many levels. Every fan who's sent me feedback about it has enjoyed it a lot.

"Compensation." A short sweet tale about a one-hit wonder. Tame and enjoyable. I did this for fun, and in the end that's all my writing was.

I can't pick just one as well. All, save one, are Harry Potter based.

My first finished fic, "A Short Jorney", because it was my first and has gotten more reviews than any of my other stories. The story just popped out of my mind without much thought. Only one that's done that. Rewrites on it were just to get the smutty bits properly smutty.

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544187860

"The Regret of Argus Filch" because of the odd viewpoint from an odd character and the conflicting emotions I tried to make the reader feel about the character.

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544191523

"Terms of Payment" because of the 'one sided conversation' presentation and having a laugh with Snape.

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544200255

"I Blame Ron Jeremy" because it has several thinly disguised incidents from my own life in it. It's a deliberate 'Gary Stu' story written for a challenge.

http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544187868

"Making Things a Little Bit Better" because it's my one original fic and was inspired by an actual unsolved murder in my town. It just got its first review after being up for over a year.

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=544190584

(If you have not already checked it out) I really felt that I needed to explore yet another style of writing. I have already set up three other challenges for myself. Eventually they will all come to fruition. (original section) warnings: m/f oral

Amanda's Folly

Bascially, my main idea was to write an indirect description of what they were doing, yet at the same time, paint a picture in the reader's mind with a certain flavor attached to it. I think, for the most part, I have succeeded. It was rather strange, as if I was someone else in my head. But I assure you, it is, indeed, I who write such things. smile.gif

I always have trouble picking my favourite fic. Usually because, when I look back on them, I tend to cringe.

But if I had to choose I would go with Sister Daddy because it's so beautifully fucked up.

A good second place, I think, would be Dark Mirrors, because I think I managed to avoid too much confusion about just what's going on, while at the same time having just a bit of confusion anyway.

Oh, and I kinda like Bonds for actually trying to kind of explore a relationship.

I have a lot of stories that I'm quite pleased with but if I'd have to pick just one, right now, I'd have to pick Undiscovered Flesh

I'm very happy with it because I think it explores Albel's issues without him coming off terribly angsty and emo-bratty. The prose is very elegant and a bit more dreamy than my usual style. I guess it was because I was being heavily influenced by Poppy Z. Brite at the time, so much so that I consider the dream sequence that opens the story a bit of an homage. The smut is also exceptionately good, some of my best. (Must be noted: It is yaoi.)

I got a few, but my favorite by far is my 'KP Chapters'. I've gotten a lot of positive responses in other places, though few here. Although I did just post it. blink.gif

I think I got the characters personalities exactly in line with the show. I didn't want to be too serious with it, as the show isn't too serious. I wanted to keep it light-hearted and in line with the series, although none of my stories are based on episodes. But they do reference a few.

I also thought it was a good idea to have Ron be the main Sex Machine, and have it out with all of the women that find out about him. Since so many Fics concentrate on just him & Kim, or Kim & someone else, I wanted to get him in on the fun.

If you want to read it for yourself, it's right here.

The KP Chapters

Hope you enjoy it...

Guest Alien Pirate Pixagi

My favorite work is in the Harry Potter fandom, and I gotta tell you, it's a tie between Decade and A Sheep in Wolf's Clothing.

I wrote aSiWC a year or two ago, a kinda stream of conciousness/introspective type deal from Draco's POV concerning he and Harry's relationship and his uncertainties on the whole situation (makes hints at the possibility of a devious Harry, which is always fun). I personally enjoy writing from Draco's POV, it's actually much easier for me then writing for Harry or any of the other characters because A) Draco isn't that explored in canon so he has more possibilities as far as style and character go, and cool.gifI feel that my writing style and own personality traits relate to how I see him more the the rest of the cast. Great line:

"I see them, I see them staring at me, watching me. They’re watching me I tell you! They know things noone should. Things noone could know, Potty! I don’t care what you say! They all know!"

"Decade" is a short story about Harry 10 years after the war and his general state of mind. He's fallen to pieces, his mind utterly fragmented. This, truly, is a kind work of self expression, reflecting a lot of my own issues around that time. I think it's actually the first time I was ever able to seriously express myself in my writting in a way that actually helped me. Great line:

"The picture of deteriorating mental health, he muttered as he wrote, the words running together indistinct and making absolutely no sense."

Oh, let me not forget the sequal to "Sheep in Wolf's Clothing," I Control You. It's really more of a companion piece done very much the same way as it's mate. The main differance is that it's from Harry's POV, revealing utterly differant views on Draco and revealing many of his own worries about the upcoming battle and his destiny. Favorite line is as follows:

"Where will this get us? Were will it end? I can see a future for us. I can see you and me and a world of infinite possibilities. We can travel, go to Rome, Tokyo, where ever it is you fancy. Just the two of us."

I am really loving writing From the Looking Glass (see signature for link). Mainly because its an adventure story before its an erotic story and also because I made the world, the characters and I can feel for them.

FtLG is only in the beginning stages, the protagonists not even fully introduced yet, but I know where its going just not entirely sure how its going to get there. I also like that my characters seem real to me, and if I write them wrong it feels like they're yelling at me for being an idiot.

I have written a lot of Naruto one shots, but I never really liked all of those. The Gai Anko one was fun as hell to write, but the rest were only done because I enjoyed writing with someone, which I am doing more ridiculously in the orgy on the forum games now anyway, so the want to write fanfiction is kind of gone.

I don't really have any personal favorites. My fics are my "kids" and they're ungrateful brats who turned out badly. For that, they're out of the will! They're dead to me! *snicker*

Seriously though, after the passage of some time, and looking them all over with a more objective and critical eye, I have to say that

Journal of Miranda De Noir is the one fic that still holds up well. A short, humorous smut fic. It came very easily and is told in first person (something I rarely do), through the eyes of an 18 yr old. She had to be fairly smart but still "teenagery" which I believe I pulled off. I also think I managed to keep Snape very much in character; I think some of my best Snape dialogue can be found in this story. The fic still makes me laugh, rather than cringe.

Other than that, the only other thing I can mention is a particular chapter from a story.

Chapter 2 Death Eaters' Danse Macabre

I like this for a few reasons. It was the first chapter I wrote for that fic; it, too, came easily and also happened to dictate the overall tone of the story. Although, on the surface, it may seem uneventful, there are set ups for things that happen later on. I also like the intimacy of this chapter; it's a private conversation between two characters, Snape and Voldemort.

In the actual HP novels, Snape and Voldemort have never appeared together, leaving that angle wide open. I enjoyed exploring what the dynamics of their relationship might be. One thing I consciously did was to never write Voldemort's thoughts, but I did include Snape's. I thought it lent an air of authenticity to the scene; the inner, true reactions of a character to what was being said. Those thoughts may be the exact opposite, or contradictory, to what's actually being said or agreed with.

The other chapter I like isn't even written yet, it only exsists in my head (o.k. and some notes). It's for a fic trapped in creative limbo, but the last chapter is a revelatory shocker, with a ripple effect. Dark, twisted and (hopefully!) squicky. When it comes to that one, I don't just like it, I love it.

I'm not usually into singing my own praises. i think it makes my sound aggogant. But since this seems to be catching on i thought i'd give it a try. after giving it some thought i have decided my top three favourite fics.

at 3: Test of the heart My Incredibles fanfic. I first got the inspiration for the fic while awatching the movie in the cinema on the day of its release, it was also the day i knew that i might have an unhealthy obsession with adult fics. There i was just enjoying the movie when i thought; "that would make a good fic." that inspiratin went on to become chapter 2.

It was originally going to be a small series of sexual situations that Violet as going to get into with Various people, hence with sometimes critisised chapter 2. There was even a Violet/Helen sex scene i had begun to write, but it ended up in the recycle bin. Somewhere between chapters three and four i found this whole story starting to develop and i tried to bring the fic to an end at chapter 4 because i thought of running these ideas as a new fic. but in the end it because much easier to just attatch them onto Test of the Heart.

One of my most read fics and also the one with the most reviews. I have begun a sequel because apparently my better judgement and creative abilities don't talk to each other and i found that even though i had finished writing the fic i kept thinking up ideas and storylines for Violet to get into. i tried to fight it as long as i could until i was confident i had a solid enough storyline that could not only match, but top, the original.

It finshed up being a little longer than i expected but it wasn't surprising, it because so easy to write for those chracters, to give them those exciting and moving storylines that just seemed to flow out of me. in the end it was a lot of fun to write the fic and a shame to bring it to an end.

at 2: Alice in New Wonderland A fantastic little fic that is so unique for me because even i have no idea where it's going. When i begin what i know will become a multi chapter fic i at least mentally note down a basic plot line that i'll follow while adapting for any new ideas i have while the sotry is developing. But Alice is different from all of that. I write each chapter individually, which is why many have a cliffhanger ending; because i actually don't have a clue whats going to happen in the next chapter. It's not only the fans trying to guess whats going to happen. it's also the reason why it takes me so long to write a new chapter for the fic because i have to figure out how to get Alice out of the situations i put her in. I'm already at chapter 10 and i could be halfway through or a quarter of the way through, i have no idea. it's very exicting to write this fic because it keeps my creative mind sharp.

and Finally at 1: Harry Potter and The Accidental Casting it was actually a draw between this and my Animorphs fic since both of them pushed me so hard and gave me the same kind of rush. A rush that a person can only get when they complete a work that they know they couldn't duplicate. if I had to rewrite either fic it wouldn't be as good, i got it perfect the first time around.

The Animorphs fic was written first and paved the way for the Harry Potter because it showed me that kind of writing skill does lie inside if i try and force it out. As any fan will know the Animorphs books are famous for being written in the first person from the POV's of the chracters. so in chapters 5 and 6 when i wrote an orgy between all six chracters it had to be done in the first person while jumping from chracter POV to chracter POV. I have never found anything so difficult to write in my life and prey that i never run into something that difficult again. it gave me headaches and i remember when i had finally complete the last chapter i felt drained; both mentally and phsycally exhausted. Some people are on at me to write a chapter 7 and more and i am considering it, but if i do take up the task, the fic will have to be written at a much slower pace.

Just as i was beginning to think that the fantastic orgy scene couldn't be redone, along came my Harry Potter fic and a chapter 4. Where the well-hung Harry is beset upon by four horny girls this scene had to include multiple M/F and F/F scenes that had to stay excciting and didn't become repetative. there would be no point writing about Harry's sex with a fourth girl for example if it's just a recyled scene from the other three sex encounters.

When i came up with this chapter it was going to have two more characters; Ginny would be included with the sex while Moaning Myrtle watched. in writing this became too complicated; i found it hard to keep track of all the chracters and also the sex scene was in danger of being too repetative. there was simply too much written down for it to be entirely enjoyable. So Ginny and Myrtle were dropped out and the chapter became what it is. I am toying with the idea of writing a chapter 5; basically the same as chapter four but with Ginny and Myrtle restored. but like a chapter 7 in Animoprhs this chapter will be written at a much slower pace.

Also like animoprhs this fic was a rush to write and left my feeling drained when it was done, leaving me convinced that all of my writing talent and creative energy had gone into it.

I write fics for a hobby and these may seem like an odd way to relax but really when writing a single chapter fic it's just some fun that lets me unwind and when its multi-chapter fincs and i write chapters like the one's described above; babies don't sleep as well as i do.

I will say this though, the fics i put this kind of effort into, are the ones that get the most reviews. coincidence? i think not.

Guest lightgoddess

While normally, most of us aren't braggarts, I think it's always great to pat ourselves on the back. So, please, don't apologize for stepping up and being proud of a piece of your own work!! As for myself, my favorite story that I have written isOut of Nowhere.

This piece is a favorite of mine for several reasons. First, it was my first big foray into the world of het Harry Potter. blink.gif Second, it was my first fic using an OC as one of the main characters. Third, and I think most importantly, it pushed me past this block I had about a story being over 100 pages. I proved to myself, with this fic, that if I wanted to write a novel, I could. I no longer class myself as a short story writer because I now know that I can write longer stories.

The OC also makes it a favorite of mine because I have never, in all my years of writing, had a character become so close to my heart. During the time I was telling her story, she spent the day with me, consuming my thoughts. More than any of my other characters I feel as though in the end, she became a part of me. I actually cried the night I finished my story. Our adventure was over and she took a little piece of my heart with her into her happily ever after.

Another little plus that this story had which I am proud of is that I didn't get too many people (3, i think) tell me what a Mary Sue she was. I was proud of that because I wanted her to be real to my readers, and I don't just mean a 'good character'. I wanted my readers to hear something or see something and think about what kind of reaction she would have in the same situation.

As far as my other stories, my favorite slash story is a tie between Always Use a Silencing Charm, Breaking the Dark Mark,

and Bound!!.

These three are for various reasons. Silencing Charm is a favorite of mine because it's the first humorous fic I ever wrote, and I don't really do humor. Dark Mark is a favorite because of some of the imagery used in it. My muse was being especially kind when I wrote that one. And, Bound is a fave because it's my first bondage fic. Of course, I like my Christmas fics, too, all three of them, but I don't think that I have but one on this site...

Guest Pink Lace

Heartless Angel is probably my best work to date. It was my first smut fic and it is pure porn, hardcore rape piece Sephiroth x Aeris.

I wrote it because I felt that there were no good graphic lemons for that pairing here. This pairing is actually pretty popular in Final Fantasy fandom however most fics are WAFF or angsty which I think is not exactly in character (but still fun).

Despite the fact that it has very little plot (he just abducts her to torture Cloud) it is three chapters. Originally my purpose was to "learn by doing" as I had never before attempted to write erotic scenes. All the other fics I have written were very tasteful and restrained. At first I thought of adding in every element in the warnings but I realized it would be impossible, Aeris would die from that much abuse. So I regretfully discarded the scenes with beastiality (chocobos), b-mod (multiple piercings and surgery), daisy chain (involving a random gang of Midgar hoodlums), fisting, tentacles, brandings and double penetration. I was able to keep the anal, bondage, humiliation, oral, spank, toys, oral and pregnancy elements.

Since it was my first smut fic, I took my time writing it but still finished everything in one day. It's my favorite because I think it's the best of my work, followed by Angelic Affairs, Dangerous Desires which has a little more plot in it.

Guest Serenanna

I won't bother linking to it since you can't find it in my profile, but I just put up part 12 of my current favorite,

Of Ballet and Bullets.

::waits for the title to sink in::

It's FMA, Ed/Winry, Roy/Riza, and I'd be damned to give a full plot summary without ruining. To make it short and simple, there's assassins out to kill Ed, and Mustang and company scramble to find out who and why before he get shot to pieces. It doesn't sound adult, I know, but pieces of it are. It also is heavily plotted in that it contains just about every genre, romance, action adventure, humor, fluff, suspense . . .

I think it'd been the most rewarding to write of all my stuff so far because when I started it, I knew I was insane. That momentary insanity seems to have cut loose some of my inhibitions of attempting to please an audience with hand-holding, and gentleness, and just write for myself. The only thing I've been scared of while writing it is that someone would see right through the central mystery, but no one's gotten it yet. ::exhales:: Oh well. I'm sure in a year it won't hold up well, but till then . . .

Sere

Guest ShinigamiShimai

I would have to say the only story that I truely had fun writing would have to be Tales of Morbid Curiousity and Deranged Love Book I: A very Macabre Day, All my other stories deal with child abuse and suicide it is hard to feel very good after finishing them.

Morbid tales started out as my first ever fanfic about a card game called Gloom. The game really sparked my imaginiation for the morbid and bizzare, however after I began to write this tale it took on a life of its own and I was told by many that it wasn't really a fanfic because I'd changed so many details and it became so much more then what the game originally was about. So by changing the characters I ended up with my first Victorian Lesbian Horror story.

This story was fun for many reasons. For one I've always wanted to use all the useless knowledge I have about Victorian England. I'd been studying 1800's for a long while and was going to work on a manga with a friend of mine but was too busy with other things and then she became famous and is to busy to work on a project together. Anyways, This story was great fun to write and by some of the reviews I got on another site I seemed to have surprised some of my fans with this one. I took all kinds of old Victorian monsters and added in my own twists. Everything from a young frankinstein girl who only wants to be with her lover to a strange group of psychopathic kids that find joy in setting people on fire. It is filled with the most unusual characters I've ever written about and I'm already making plans for the second book in which I plan to introduce a vampire among other things. It helps to have a dark twisted story to work on when I'm tired to working on my depressingly deep stories of death.

Well later.

Kat

hehe shameless self-advertising.

Well I really love my only story, hence why I actually went to post it online instead of let it fester in my head until it dies.

The Ravager is a dark fantasy story in a depressing world where the fate of one naïve and dull librarian named Kari, as well as much more, rests on the actions of one very mysterious, unexpected, very psychotic and unknown man and things are about to change for the worse.

It is a story that is a mix of dark themes and worldly problems and fantasy worlds and creatures in a sort of medieval setting with some influences of science fiction. I can't really put it into a category per se, so I put it into dark because of the impact it may have on a reader who does not wish to read it.

I love my characters in this story, and I have to say it is fun writing. I do like constructive criticism to help bring my story up as many levels as possible, I know I'm not a master story writer and I have room for improvement, but the story line is deep-setted in me.

Hmm... well, I've only posted one fic so far. Severely bad case of writer's block that has lasted a good couple of years now and nothing that I wrote before that was really good enough to be seen in the light of day biggrin.gif

The fic is called 'Changes' and is in the X-Men Comics category. It's a very basic gen fic with the only warning being the fact that it revolves around an OC. I'm hoping that she turned out OK.

Please, please, please can someone let me have some honest constructive criticism? I posted it on ff.net and got a few reviews mainly containing the phrase 'I like it'. huh.gif I kinda would like something a little more solid to work from.

Guest Madapple

Well, I'm not the most prolific writer, not that the plot bunnies don't nibble at my toes, but most of my stuff is fairly craptacular. Although I can spell and I do possess some grammar skills. To date I've written only HP, mostly SS/HG, but am currently outlining one called "FireWhisky Enema," featuring Fred and George.

However, if pushed against the wall, I'd have to say my favorite fic of my own is "In this issue. . ." It is an irreverant parody, which I think is somewhat amusing. I started writing it ages ago. I just lost my momentum, then RL got in the way. I haven't given up yet; there are still three chapters to go. I just wish Kronos would cooperate.

Guest bgardne

Mister Nice Kai, here. I'm not really sure WHAT my favorite Fanfic of my own is...I'm rather proud of my untitled Non-Anime Harry Potter fic I barely started...I haven't even named it yet! If you want to read part of what I have, just e-mail me, or leave a review at one of my stories. (You don't have to read the story...just say you want to read HP3) I'm also quite partial to an original fiction I started a month or so ago...also untitled. Here's the scoop:

Brandy is half succubus, and half Arterian, (Species of my own.) so she needs a lot of human blood to survive, like a non-violent vampire. She fell head over heels for a guy named Jay Redding when she was younger, but his marijuana usage drove them apart. When he got out of rehab late (Which she paid for) she was no where to be found. Current Day: Brandy seduces young men into the forest by her home, knocks them out, "vampirizes" them, and makes the scene look like they had sex when they really didn't. Jay is a DJ at the station 89.7 The Bird, and a member of a forum for recovering drug abusers. One day, he starts missing Brandy more than usual, and sends a new thread out about her, hears from the last guy she took advantage of, and sets off for the city she's living in, to win her back. It's not even five pages, I don't think, and has no plot yet, but I'm working outside of anime for once, so I'm kinda proud of it. The same applies to this one...If you want to read what I have, just e-mail or leave a message through review. I also just started a cross-over with Kiki's Delivery Service and Harry Potter--NO OC'S! THAT'S A BIG STEP FOR ME!