Click Here!

What Series Drives You Insane?

ZombieDuke

Guest Little_Girl_Lost

Whatever the new Batman series is called, I hate it. Passionately. What they have they done to my Gotham? What have they done to my Ivy? And, most burning of all, what the hell have they done to my Joker? *Sobs* I find myself being unusually spiteful to younger kids when I hear them gabble on about how great it is. I just have to cut in and remark that the current series is nothing on the older stuff; and that they don't know what they've missed. I manage to restrain myself from growling that they're newbie wannabes who will never know the joy of the sexy Jonathan Crane and his alter ego the Scarecrow thanks to the unholy mess that is the current series.

These kids don't know what to think of an eighteen year old berating them on Batman cartoons. But I consider it my duty to do my best to turn off as many munchkins as I can from the new one. Just....horrible.

My all-time favourite cartoon is CatDog. I loved that show. I used to race home when I was a wee one to watch it. I related to CatDog so much it was untrue; Cat was my cynical side, Dog was my naive, idiotic side. It was like me, up there on the screen.

I love the cartoons that have unexpected black/dry humour, like Spongebob Squarepants (which is also my favourite cartoon ever, along with CatDog) and Grim & Evil-and then there's always the surprising bits of humour found in cartoons like Fairly Odd Parents that seem like they've been written by the writers from Futurama or The Simpsons; as showcased in this regularly occurring piece from said show:

Person: Where'd you get those fairy costumes?

Wanda: Erm....eBay?

Classic.

Then there was always Street Sharks! Jawsome! biggrin.gif

Sounds like someone's been forced to watch Naruto. Bleagh.

I find that the original Japanese version of Naruto with subtitles: which i'm only able to watch thanks to video sites like YouTube, isn't that bad. its the dubbed version thats just completly retarded and annoying i just want to squeeze the neck of the american who was in charge of translating until it breaks.

Guest Little_Girl_Lost

Bad dubbing.... *shudders* The only way I manage to stop myself stabbing my eyes out and blocking my ears with hot wax when I come across bad dubbing is to try and work out what the characters are really saying by watching their lips; or, laughing mindlessly at how sometimes the dubbed speaking ends several seconds (or even mintues) before the character's lips stop moving.

I thought of another that I just couldn't stand. Really, and I apologize to the fans, but Dragon Ball Z was so over the top, I wondered how they kept powering up while the bad guys got worse and worse. The danger they all got into was so random I wasn't even curious as to how they were going to get out of this one now. I just knew they would, why bother with the fight scene. It levelled up to "ludicrous" to me. How many episodes does one fight take? How many times can one hear the word "kame-ha" before thinking: "die, already, monkey-boy. End my misery now." The original story was so adorable and the movie "Journey to the West" (I think that's what it was) was exactly what it should have been and no more, Dragon Ball Z wrecked it.

I thought of another that I just couldn't stand. Really, and I apologize to the fans, but Dragon Ball Z was so over the top, I wondered how they kept powering up while the bad guys got worse and worse. The danger they all got into was so random I wasn't even curious as to how they were going to get out of this one now. I just knew they would, why bother with the fight scene. It levelled up to "ludicrous" to me. How many episodes does one fight take? How many times can one hear the word "kame-ha" before thinking: "die, already, monkey-boy. End my misery now." The original story was so adorable and the movie "Journey to the West" (I think that's what it was) was exactly what it should have been and no more, Dragon Ball Z wrecked it.

The fight with Freeza took months to finish! I recorded every episode from that fight and I never knew five minutes could take so freakin' LONG! Arrrgh, imagine if the characters from DBZ and YuGiOh showed up, it'd probably take a year for the first battle to finish sad.gif

Currently I am writing hate mail to Cartoon Network for Squirrel Boy. That style of animation is enough to make one sick. Just... no.

Don't get me started on Ed, Edd, and Eddy. Three social misfits and their escapades in the neighborhood culdesac. Fascinating. Shhft.

::Stands up and prepares to Defend Yu-Gi-Oh! to the last man.::

::Rereads post and realizes they mean Amerishit::

::Stands down sheepishly::

Yu-gi-oh! got screwed over by Top Deck and Hasbro. They wanted to market to the younger kids, so dumbed down the entire show. It's not all lovey dovey, "Heart of the Cards!" but more demonic then that. Mokuba is some sort of hard core gangster (he even pulls an Uzi on Yugi at one point) Joey's father is an alchoholic, Kaiba really did chuck his step father off a bridge, and Tea is more interested in getting Yugi to screw her then to notice her.

The problem is, they took out all the blood guts and gore for the wee ones. Which means you get ludicrous scenes where Bandit Keith threatens Pegasus with his finger, instead of the automatic pistol he had smuggled on to the island. That when Panic faces Yugi, Yugi really is getting torched, not just 'intimidated'. That people bleed when getting hit by monsters, etc. They even left out the entire first season, where Yugi goes around driving people insane, litterly. Some of what the Pharaoh does makes the head games he plays with Kaiba look like childs play.

Rant out.

Guest Little_Girl_Lost

Yeah! Bring the violence back into cartoons! The young 'uns aren't watching them these days anyway; they're out watching real violence and recording it on their goddamned ott-bling-y mobiles.

I agree with Story Junkie that Dragon Ball Z was just....ridiculous when it came to the length of fights. That just lead to the whole experience being horrifyingly boring.

• 4 months later...

I don't know about insane, but I don't find a lot of South Park at all funny. Definitely a change the channel show for me. Saw the movie on DVD, quit about half way through.

Shame really, as there were one or two bits in the episodes I saw that I did like

eg "I'm a Saaad panda." heh.

• 3 months later...

Aside from the crap load of editing they did to it, Yu-Gi-Oh! drove me nuts because I played the trading card game, and as I watched the duels that were on that show, I realized that most of the players' decks (especially Yugi's) where so poorly constructed that it'd be nearly impossible for them to win.

Guest Yhitzak

I'm kind of surprised to not see the Adult Swim originals on this list. About the only one that's worth half a shit (in my opinion) is Venture Brothers. And Aqua Teen throws out the occasional amusing episode.

Anime... it would be a *much* shorter list to come up with genuinely *good* ones. The lesson anime has taught me: be happy with your manga because animators will massacre it for motion picture. Case in point: Yugioh, Dragonball (and all of its offshoots), Hellsing, and Saiyuki to name a few. Honestly, even more than I hate anime, I hate the otaku. I think I wouldn't find most anime to be so distasteful if the fans of said anime weren't so rabid. Any like I once had for series such as Inuyasha or Yugioh has been crushed by the rabid otaku. Try telling these fans that they're characters, not people. My advice to you: run very fast.

All of Cartoon Network's original series are complete trash sans Courage the Cowardly Dog and Powerpuff Girls. As obnoxious as Powerpuff is/was/can be, it's still a good cartoon.

And I'm going to make myself look evil and state that I freakin' hated Ren and Stimpy. They ruined cartoons forever with the super-gross close-up. And apart from the first episode and less than a handful of others throughout the series, Invader Zim is a monkeyloving *stupid* cartoon. Jhonen... why, why, WHY!? Oh, yeah. Because after JTHM, you forgot that being controversial could also be meaningful.

Also, remake series of classics such as Looney Tunes and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. They all suck.

• 2 years later...

The number one series thats make me want to kill ppl has to be

Hot Wheels:Battle Force 5!!!!!!!!!!

I saw my 2 nephews watching that crap and almost drop kicked my T.V i mean i loves playing with hot wheels now tey make this crap aaaarrgggghhhhhh!!!!!!

• 1 year later...
Guest dwitefry

Family Guy. Ug it makes me leave the room. Family Guy is the equivalent of that sweay fellow who thinks he's really funny and laughs before, during and after he over-empthasises his unfunny remark while you're having a conversation, like him i just end up staring at it going 'yeah...no' and feeling very frustrated.

A lot of the Adult Swim stuff does this to me too, 'shocking American humour' i call it, where it's not shocking or funny, just...dumb and annoying - Venture Bros, Sealab, Harvey Birdman (god i hate that show), even Metalocalypse (though i do love the soundtracks). that said Venture Bros. has had one of the funniest scenes to ever be in a cartoon - the whole death of major tom in the flashback of season...1 i think

"Tell my wife i love her very much"

"SHE KNOWS!"

hilarious.

• 1 year later...

Spongebob Is the most tasteless, asinine, vomit inducing piece of flotsam I have ever seen, and I have ever seen the commercials for that Stupidity.

Anyone who lets a child watch that crap should be arrested for endangering the intelligence of a minor!!!

I can't stand Spongebob - I'm with my mom on that one. And that honestly goes for most every cartoon released lately. Especially Adventure Time. *gags, pukes* At least the old cartoons made kids think instead of just laugh at the stupidity.

I've never been fond of most of the so-called adult cartoons, like Family Guy as mentioned above. If I'm going to watch a cartoon that has mature themes and/or references, I'd rather it be something like Animaniacs - where kids can watch it too, but miss half the content.

I don't like reality shows, period, or soaps, or.... My TV series likes are almost entirely crime scene dramas, westerns, and oldies like The Addams Family and M*A*S*H.

Anime-wise I tend to avoid the ones aimed at more female audiences. I just am not that girly, and I don't like to watch all the over-dramatization.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

If you ask me, it's gotta be The Simpsons; from their awful character design, stupid characters and terrible writing, it baffles me how this show lasted over 26 years.

Hmmmm, any reality show, I just don't care how vane shallow people live, survive in the jungle, or run a business...or have eight children when it is painfully obvious a puppy is beyond your parenting skills...ok, rant over :P

Oh and Kardashians? If you sit on a chair and roll off - YOU HAVE TOO MUCH COLEGEN IN YOUR ASS!

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.