Click Here!

What Series Drives You Insane?

ZombieDuke

a little childish, but hay how want to grow up? growing up is boring. i can't stand WINX it is a terrible show. such a clear rip off of W.I.T.C.H but they thought they could corner the market by getting thier show on the air first. anyone with half a brain known W.I.T.C.H came first with it's infamous comic seires that swept europe.

terribly written scritps, a bad imitation of an anime style, 2 dimensional chracters and badly drawn out plots. Then there are the sheer number of similarities between WINX and W.I.T.C.H. the only thing they didn't parody was making the name of the group out of the main chracters monograms.

also i seem to be the only person i know that doesn't like Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon.

Guest Mike256bit

My roommate is having a love affair with Spongebob. PLEASE HELP KTHX. Sometimes I recite theories about Squidward (spelling) being gay just to get him started.

also i seem to be the only person i know that doesn't like Dragon Ball Z and Sailor Moon.

I join those ranks! In Sailor Moon, I mean, a child Undressing infront of millions! They used that sequence so often, it wrecked the storyline! Dragon Balls was really good, but once Goku grew up, I kind of lost interest. It was One Too Many "kamee-ha"s for me!

Madapple

Tom and Jerry and Popeye. I realize they're classics, but they make me insane.

*Shudders*

Yu-Gi-Oh! drives me insane. They do nothing but talk, talk, talk, talk AND TALK! Not to mention the whole fake kinky thing going on @_@

My roommate is having a love affair with Spongebob. PLEASE HELP KTHX. Sometimes I recite theories about Squidward (spelling) being gay just to get him started.

I always though Squidword(sp?) was gay >_>

I like Sailor Moon ph34r.gif

On a totally different note: StoryJunkie? May I just say your avatar is the freakin' cutest thing I've ever seen!

Guest Mike256bit
Not sure if it fits here but Inuyasha. They all have the same face  blink.gif

It belongs. Seeing Inuyasha turn into a total puss ruined the series for me and every time he isn't beating up ninjas or eating children, it drives me bonkers.

Yu-Gi-Oh! drives me insane. They do nothing but talk, talk, talk, talk AND TALK! Not to mention the whole fake kinky thing going on @_@

That reminds me of BeyBlades, for some reason, which I've seen two episodes of. Once I realized that they were fighting with tops, I knew my life was over.

Oh, and Detective Conan kinda drives me crazy, even though I love it. How do they not realize what's going on?

That reminds me of BeyBlades, for some reason, which I've seen two episodes of. Once I realized that they were fighting with tops, I knew my life was over.

BeyBlades... is EVIL! I watched the first few episodes and still want that time of my life back dry.gif

Anime.

I just don't get it.

I don't mean the animation style(s). Most of them are pretty good. I mean every other aspect, like the plot, characterization, voice-acting, progression, etc.

I find most animes mind-numbingly boring because they tend to be repetitive and just don't make any sense to me.

The saddest part is that they can't use the pathetic "children have short attention spans" excuse. Many animes are not geared towards young children, but rather teens and adults.

Anime. sleep.gif

Guest Mike256bit
I find most animes mind-numbingly boring because they tend to be repetitive and just don't make any sense to me.

Sounds like someone's been forced to watch Naruto. Bleagh.

I used to hate anime for the same reasons, but then watched "The Vision of Escaflowne" (not the movie, the series) and I kind of got hooked. One thing you will notice about anything Japanese, they very often put in really big characters, like they are imitating "Godzilla". "TVoE" has those, and it was really the first time I actually didn't mind them.

Another thing that turned me onto anime is NHMK where they put music to it. There are one or two gems there that make you want to watch the show.

Some Names to certain anime actually turned me off. Until I watched them, then they were okay. "Cowboy Bebop" being one of them. "Scrapped Princess" being another. They could have been called something better to do justice to their awesomeness.

Another thing is that "Americanized" anime is not the same as "subbed" originals. For instance, "One Piece" has way more blood and gore in it than the version you see on TV. And much more angsty.

Another factor to anime is the "Manga" or comics, which is usually written way before the animated series comes out. There are a couple of exceptions, one of them being "Full Metal Alchemist" (I almost didn't watch this one either due to the lame title, now I can't imagine it without it.) The anime actually overshot the Manga, and the Manga has a totally different ending to it, and apparently, missing several characters as well. (Not personal exp, just something someone recently told me)

One series you've GOT to watch, although the plot kind of wanders at one point, is "Hikaru No Go". You'll be surprised by this one. It has a really good plot, and you don't even have to know what "Go" is about.

EDIT: Naruto is good up to the end of the big fight between Sasuke and Naruto. After that really, its fillers and EVeryone and their Dog is waiting for the fillers to end...

Another thing I just thought of, in alot of Anime, the endings are kind of tragic, not what you expect. If you've been spoon-fed American "good-guys always win" in the end, you may not like alot of anime.

Mike256bit: I've been forced to watch many different animes, Naruto being on that long list.

StoryJunkie: Truth be told, I have a very hard time stomaching "the good guys always win" concept in American series. Most of the time, I can't help but sympathize with the bad guys simply because the hero tends to win on sheer dumb luck. I mean, sure the villain is evil, but at least s/he tends to be hard-working and intelligent, and I can't help but respect that.

Guest chibi4president
Most of the time, I can't help but sympathize with the bad guys simply because the hero tends to win on sheer dumb luck.

Yeah, I do think it's time that the Coyote (gasp) caught and ate the Roadrunner! More realistic, eh? But Looney Tunes is a classic! Who in their RIGHT MIND would meddle with that?

EveKnight, the same reason why you don't like anime storylines is the same reason I don't like some American cartoons. Yeah, it gets dull seeing Kenshin have to save Kaoru from some villain for the umpteenth time, but Scooby Doo? Talk about the monster of repetitive storylines! However, my mother has all the original episodes on DVD...and guess what's on whenever there's nothing on TV? And Tom and Jerry? Makes me long for Sylvester and Tweety Bird...

And don't even get me started on anything Disney. They should stick to movies and not try to do any cartoons. Goof Troop and Mighty Ducks are okay, but I hear they're showing Bonkers and Darkwing Duck episodes every three on their cartoon channel. Shoot me now.

Truth be told, I have a very hard time stomaching "the good guys always win" concept in American series. Most of the time, I can't help but sympathize with the bad guys simply because the hero tends to win on sheer dumb luck. I mean, sure the villain is evil, but at least s/he tends to be hard-working and intelligent, and I can't help but respect that.

Try watching Hellsing. First was the comic then came the series. Sadly, the manga is still being made(as far as I know) so when they did make the series, it aimed in a completely different direction then the comic. I was told that their currently making it into an OVA series. The current series is amazing! It's got enough gore/blood/demons/non-evilness to last a life time. Plus the english VO's are (in my opinion), better then the original Japanese VOs.

Yu-gi-oh is a terrible show. you're right, nothing but talk. then there the fact the main chracter yugi seems to change size just before he plays a match and no one seems to notice, seriously, not once is it mentioned. then of course just as the match is looking gruim the good guys say something like 'i'm not going to lose' then they draw the card that they use to win the match. They are on the verge of losing, how the fuck can they be so confident before they know what they've got?

My brother loves it though so i've had to see this crap through from start to finish and if i don't watch it i hear about it whether i like it or not. now to most recent series doens't even contain Yugi, the main character after which the series is named: how the hell can they do that?!

My brother loves it though so i've had to see this crap through from start to finish and if i don't watch it i hear about it whether i like it or not.

My brother made me watch it as well >_< I got my revenge though *demonic grin* Oh yes, I had my revenge with the aid of Zatch Bell. *evil laughter*

Sounds like someone's been forced to watch Naruto. Bleagh.

And I thought it was just me. I tried getting into anime, so I could broaden my horizons and read some fics, but I was like...WTF? All that "inner dialogue". At first, I couldn't figure out if these people were telepaths or not and I kept thinking, so, what is this ninja X-men? Maybe I just chose the wrong anime to watch, but that show killed it for me. I'd like to beat that title character with reeds, force feed him a ton of ludes and lock him in a trunk. Forever!

I couldn't stand Sailor Moon either when I was a kid. I mean, more than anything, I wanted to watch female superheroes when I was 5 years old, but I hated that show so much. No, I stuck to Power Rangers, which was still passably good back then. Honestly, that show seems to get worse with every new version they introduce.

Give me the Powerpuff Girls any day of the week.

Guest Nympho

I can't stand most of the kd shows on Cartoon Network. It seems like every character is retarded, not retarded in the sense they have a learning didability, just that they choose to be retarded.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.