Click Here!

Special Announcement: Welcome FanFiction.Net Users

I feel like it’s September of 2002 all over again! Almost 10 years ago to the date, FanFiction.net cleansed the site of all ‘adult’ content – Which is why AdultFanFiction.net exists in it’s current form. Today they announced that for the first time in years they are actually going to enforce their no adult content (or in their terms MA content) again. Now, for those of us that enjoy places that enforce their Terms of Service, we are rejoicing that they are finally acting like a responsible site!

We’ve seen an uptick in registrations and I would like to take a moment to welcome all of our new members! We've had one of our biggest days for registrations in a long time, 250+ and counting today alone!

That being said, AdultFanFiction is not FanFiction, nor are we associated in any way shape or form with them. We are two completely separate websites and are not affiliated with them in the least.

A couple things that new users migrating should be aware of:

1. We are an adults only site. This means you must be 18 to use it. Yes, we do verify your age, so please, if you've signed up and are underage, let us know now to avoid getting in trouble. I do this not to be mean or nasty, but because I really don't like the thought of jail time. I look horrid in orange, I swear! Please respect this policy :)
  2. We actively moderate the site and enforce our Terms of Service and Content Guidelines. Please read them carefully to ensure that you are not in violation. All new uploads are reviewed on a weekly basis. You may receive an email or a review asking you to fix something. Again, this is not because we enjoy being mean, but because we have our ToS in place for a reason.
  3. We are in the middle of a code re-write. This means that certain sections have different layouts and not all features are currently active. Please bear with us through out the reconstruction - I swear it will be better once it's done!
  4. To add on to number 3, we haven't sold our soul to the advertising devils, so I promise you won't see those horrid little pop ups that FF.net uses, but that means that we have very little incoming revenue and most of it goes to pay our monthly hosting cost. As a result, we are running (with the exception of the new code) code that is for the most part 5-9 years out of date, which means that a number of the features you may be accustomed to at FF.Net aren't here. You may see them with the new code, but please be patient, there's about another 6 months in this re-write to go.
  5. Remember I mentioned that we have little incoming revenue a moment ago? Yes, we make some off our advertisers, but again, mostly pays hosting costs - Your donations if you like the site are very much appreciated and are always used to improve the site! You can learn how to donate here
  6. Forums - Our forums are separate from the archive. They are two different programs. This means that if you would like to participate in both, then you do have to register separately for both. We'd love to see you on the forums, so feel free to hop on over! I do recommend looking over the previous news posts for a variety of important information, but you can also do all kinds of fun stuff, from story searches to various games, read the FAQ's to help learn how our Archive is set up or just chat away in our Shoutbox! (Please note, normally the Shoutbox is reserved for Forum Members only, but for the next week or so until registrations start to level off, it will be open to guests in need of assistance)
  7. Oh and one last item for Lucky Number 7? Myself and my staff are friendly, so if you have a question please don't be afraid to ask! How to contact us can be found here.

So again, welcome to AFF.Net - So long as you follow the rules, I think we're gonna have a rocking good time together! After all, that's what this place was created for to begin with! Let the smut roll!

Guest Christopher

I doubt that they are actually going to do this. There are WAY too many MA (to them) rated stories on the website for them to remove them, they would severely anger a bunch of people on the website and lose a bunch of their readership.

Guest linksword01

I feel sorry for the authors who put so much time into their stories. Now they have to get done fast to save their work. I've been PMing all the authors on my watch list all day warning them.

*nods* While I agree completely that it sucks as FF set the expectation by not moderating that they were okay with the content, however, it's also the users responsibility to ensure they are following the ToS of the site :) Hopefully people can save their work in time!

Guest Sweet Kagamine Kiss

I'm posting everything smut-related from now on here on AFF, while everything will still exist on FFN... but now I have to "tone back" on my smutty ways regarding fanfiction. Which will be hard because my friends have christen me with the nickname "King of Smut" regarding the Vocaloid franchise... and Harry Potter... and Naruto... and in some of my crossover stories...

I hope they let the authors who not only wrote MA but also wrote the K to M stay on...I got all but four stories on this site and two of the four are not MA. If they just get rid of the MA stories but leave the authors alone if they wrote more would be fantastic!

I have been working all night editing some of my old stories that have little smut scenes to take them out (the original contents will eventually be posted here on AFF). But I got some other stories that I call "collection" stories. They are a mix of K rating to M rating, some few in-betwene in these collection stories of a specific genre/category (Naruto, Harry Potter, Vocaloid) will be in a real rating of MA. Two of my fics "MASTER's Folder", "The Storybook of Hogwarts", they have some semblances of MA in the mix of M, T, K+, and K rated oneshots.

I still say in my opinion FFN should reapply the MA rating filter and add further filters. The worse they could do is spit in our collective faces and shut down the website indefinately.

The problem with a filter, is the age of the users. The reason for MA content being pulled is that they have many users under 18. Users under that age are not allowed to access that sort of material. As that site is open to users under 18, by not removing the proscribed content, they endanger the existence of their site. So, while for many years they ignored this, it doesn't mean they won't do something about it, like they have in the past, and are apparently doing now.

One thing to also keep in mind for everyone migrating - While we are an adult fan fiction site, you are more than welcome to put non smut here, other than the basics like no stories about real people under 18 and our other guidelines, we don't restrict postings :)

Guest Chris

It's kinda sad that FF.net doesn't adopt an MA rating in the first place. A lot of good stories are going to be removed and it's going to suck. I've already suggested a few friends come here with their stories since they are adult in content and I'm already getting ready to move my stories here. But you are correct in the fact that the site was barely moderated and for them to kick it into high gear now wreaks of laziness.

I need sleep but... I'm almost done with my censoring of my current stories on FFN. All I got left to work with is all 105 chapters of various oneshots in my Vocaloid story "MASTER's Folder". Where I live, it's close to 10 AM... I hope it's STILL there when I get my seven or eight hours sleep...

But MA ratings should be supported wiht passwords or something. But I've told several of my cool friends to start posting their suff here like I did all throughout the night and the night before (reducing my number fo stories from 93 down to 76).

I was unhappy with Fan Fiction for awhile now. I love writing as a hobby but I wasn't happy with my work and I couldn't understand why. I have the tendency to procrastinate with my updates (and I also have other things to do besides write stories....) it was getting... well not bad, just annoying. I write with my best, dear friend Ashley who is an incredible writer and just, the improvements she makes through each of her stories is amazing. It's kinda like.... we're writing soul mates and we've pretty much combined our characters and plots together and have been co-writing. We're working on a series of stories and we love roleplaying our ideas for our stories on Facebook. We haven't physically published our works on Fan Fiction but we are pretty much co-writing partners.

Then I realized I was unhappy because I was tired of writing Fan Fiction, I wanted our stories to be our own. Completely original. Our ideas, our characters, our everything with the exception of brands, songs, and the like - but everything else was ours so I decided we should move to Fiction Press. At this point we had been writing with our own original characters and such for awhile now so it only made sense. I felt like I was freed from this huge bubble. I felt like we had complete creative control and could do whatever we wanted no matter how unrealistic because it was our stories.

And then I come onto Fiction Press to read how they are finally enforcing their rules. I told my friend Ashley while I do want to continue writing our story (I'm on the third chapter and at the point where we really 'co-write') and I was just as antsy as her to get to writing for real together but I don't want to be on Fiction Press or Fan Fiction. I felt like I was attached to a huge chain and that bubble was forming around me again. I figure there's no way we could post any of our stuff up. I refuse to keep my dirty mind in a pure bubble. I'm the one who usually takes care of the smuttier scenes but we also have content such as drug abuse, rape, suicide, domestic abuse, etc. I understand Fan Fiction and Fiction Press has rules to enforce but that doesn't mean I'm going to stick around...

I should have joined here awhile ago. The only reason why I didn't because it looked too confusing to navigate - but I got the hang of it and my friend Ashley will be joining as well. Now I officially feel this bubble of mine is gone and I can be as dirty or violent as we want to while still having the opportunity to share our writing.

I'm excited. I'm already loving this site and I like how there is a section for fan fiction as well as original works and I love that you don't have to post dirty smutty stories on here but if you want to you have full reign and can be as dirty as you want. Yaaay. Aha.

I still have to retrieve stuff from my Doc Manager on Fiction Press but it's only three things. Once I got everything I need off of there, I delete my current story on Fiction Press and my accounts will remain dormant. I'm so glad I left both sites and am happy to have joined this site. It makes me more motivated to write my third chapter and get everything posted. =]

Edited by sgreen703

We're delighted to have you here! As a former FFN author myself, I wandered here to publish something that was beyond the FFN ratings limits, and was welcomed so warmly that I never left. :D

I'm still on FFN and FP... only now I've officialy began to post anything that would appear to have their hated "MA Content" to AFF. Anythign with smut will be on AFF, and stories on FFN (mostly FFN) that do have smut have altered scenes or cutaways while the "original content" will get posted here on its adult+ reflection. I have heard of a few writers having done that before...

I just find the Vocaloid section of AFF to be lacking of good "stories". I'm rectifying that.... although the Vocaloid area is under Games section? They are officially music-related... they could probably get their own section... I'll bring this up with a mod or admin as a suggestion intead of saying it here. *sigh* I need to write more Kagamine smut...

They should just remove the "M" rating entirely. It causes too much confusion, as it stands for "Mature" and people naturally assume that means graphic sex and violence can be included. What they really allow is Teen rated work and their TOS should reflect that. As for underage users, it's the parents' responsibility to moderate what their kids watch, listen to and read. I'm tired of these permissive morons expecting the world to bubble-wrap itself because they're too bloody lazy to actually parent their own offspring. Plopping your kid in front of a TV and going about your business is not childrearing, and the term "it takes a village" should not be taken so literally.

That being said, this can only be a good thing for AFF.net, and I hope people begin leaving more feedback to encourage writers to keep sharing their work here. One of the (only) great things about Fanfiction.net was that one is guaranteed to get some kind of helpful feedback from the audience, which helps authors determine what can and should be improved and what they're doing right. Sadly, that kind of feedback is rare here and on most other fanfiction sites.

Guest sladinforever

I'm pretty sad about all this. I've been a ff.net supporter for 7 years and it was the first ever site that I read a fan fic. and I got hooked right away! Now they're gonna lose one of their most supportive members. A lot of kids under 18 write smut, so I don't understand the big effing deal--guess I blame America and their censorship because they want to "protect the kiddies"-- You'd think we'd all be past that by now. So I don't entirely blame ff.net for finally cracking down--maybe they got into some legal trouble or something-- That still doesn't mean I'm happy. I'm here now though, so hopefully some of my 18+ readers will join the site and still read the stories I post. And I agree with Virign. They may as well get rid of the M rating all together and stay K-T. Not being able to post any sort of violence or gore in a story makes it hard to write a good story. It's not all sunshine, rainbows, and puppies for christ sakes!

Thanks for making AFF for us. I've been writing smut for a long time and enjoy sharing it

Guest honeyMellon

I'm a relatively new member of ffnet myself but have posted a few stories (all laden with smut that will definitely be removed for sure), luckily a good friend warned me today about the ffnet purging and recommended this site!

So, now I'm here, and will be posting my stuff here from now on. Thank you AFF!

Wow... I can't even begin to say how happy I am to have you all here and so many positive words as well! I hope that with this large infusion of new blood that we can see some of what we've enjoyed in the past (Lotsa reviews, etc) start to happen again. Remember the people follow examples, so make sure you are reviewing as well!!

Please reach out to any of the staff if you have questions and we're always glad to be of assistance!! Have fun all and WELCOME!!!

Guest Guest

Ahh, I remember too. I've been on FFN since 2002. BEFORE they took off the MA rating. I remember well....They cracked down hard at that time. If they found lemons in M stories, they'd delete them. Slowly, however, they stopped. Stories stopped getting deleted. People stopped caring. I'm just wondering why they started caring again?

People are freaking out too. But I don't know, I don't think we have too much to worry about. I think it'll 'pass' just as it did ten years ago.

Wow...I feel old now.

Anyway, I've been on here since 05. So I've been here a while, but you're special announcement made me smile a bit, and laugh too. Because yes, it does feel like September 2002 again!

Guest - Our running theory is the whole 50 Shades - It's getting a lot of press and people are finding out that such raunchy (delicious, but raunchy) fiction was originally posted on a website that teenagers can visit. I think they are running scared personally...

Guest ashrack616

I know what you guys mean, several of my fav fic has already been deleted. Most of it have a really good plot, though I do not see the point getting rid of fics with explicit smut and violence. Considering they added a Game of Throne section which as far I am concerned amongst the most rauchiest and violent series that I know, and not counting the events of wh40k. And is there any easy way to keep track which author from ff.net that are coming here, considering some of the authors in my watch list are planning on leaving ff.net.Hope after aff finish their coding it will be easier to search for fics

Fic search is actually self-explanatory. As the database is divided by subdomain with many separate tables, to search a story in naruto, for example, you must be in the naruto subdomain. It won't pull data from the tables for hp for naruto stories.