Click Here!

Apostrophe problem in summary?

I’m noticing a problem with the Buffy summaries. It looks like words like “Buffy’s” as  well as “it’s” now comes out as “Buffy39s” as well as “it39s”.

Seems like in the Television category I have at least one that has an apostrophe in the summary and it looks normal. But I have also noticed that several are missing a sentence ending period.

Did something happen or can I somehow edit it?

1 hour ago, Deadman said:

I’m noticing a problem with the Buffy summaries. It looks like words like “Buffy’s” as  well as “it’s” now comes out as “Buffy39s” as well as “it39s”.

Seems like in the Television category I have at least one that has an apostrophe in the summary and it looks normal. But I have also noticed that several are missing a sentence ending period.

Did something happen or can I somehow edit it?

More gremlins. I’ve tried to edit that myself, and even I can’t fix it. 

3 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

More gremlins. I’ve tried to edit that myself, and even I can’t fix it. 

There definitely should be some kind of magic spell for this. Maybe because it seems to mostly be happening to me, it’s a personal gremlin?

2 hours ago, Deadman said:

There definitely should be some kind of magic spell for this. Maybe because it seems to mostly be happening to me, it’s a personal gremlin?

I’ve been debating fireballs myself, since it’s happening to everyone. Apostrophes are turned into numbers, punctuation disappears, and boldface text is just not on. I really do wish I was a coder somedays… :blink: 

17 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I’ve been debating fireballs myself, since it’s happening to everyone. Apostrophes are turned into numbers, punctuation disappears, and boldface text is just not on. I really do wish I was a coder somedays… :blink: 

Should we be worried that the Gremlins might get into the wires and eats the connections?

On 7/19/2024 at 7:22 PM, Deadman said:

Should we be worried that the Gremlins might get into the wires and eats the connections?

Honestly, I think we’re WAY beyond that point by now… I think they’re in the fucking software… they’re in the fucking closet, trying on our heels, sparkly dresses and our favourite lipstick at this point. :popcorn:

On 7/20/2024 at 7:43 PM, WillowDarkling said:

Honestly, I think we’re WAY beyond that point by now… I think they’re in the fucking software… they’re in the fucking closet, trying on our heels, sparkly dresses and our favourite lipstick at this point. :popcorn:

Maybe we should conduce some kind of exorcism?

Whatever it is, it's really gnawing at my obsessive side. >.>

It seems that the problem only happens to things that are edited.

But whatever is added in the very first instance, seems to work properly.

Anyone who wants to have a clean description or tags, be sure to make the first post count.

18 hours ago, GeorgeGlass said:

Anybody happen to have a Word macro for turning bold text into all-caps text (that is actually in all caps, and not just in an all-caps font)? 

I don’t think that there’s a problem with caps words on the site that I’m aware of.

14 hours ago, WarrenTheConey said:

Whatever it is, it's really gnawing at my obsessive side. >.>

It seems that the problem only happens to things that are edited.

But whatever is added in the very first instance, seems to work properly.

Anyone who wants to have a clean description or tags, be sure to make the first post count.

Yeah, I tend to make sure I’m writing well. The only place where I need help is the Tags which I like to be accurate between WIP and Complete.

Hi, Deadman.

3 hours ago, Deadman said:

I don’t think that there’s a problem with caps words on the site that I’m aware of.

GeorgeGlass would have no choice but to switch bold to ALL CAPS text.  Using an “all-caps font” would see the font stripped and substituted for whatever font is actually used.  Capital A is unicode 0041.  Lowercase a is unicode 0061.  So, the “lower case a that is a capital A in font x” will go back to a lowercase a.

Thanks.

Right. Since bolding doesn’t show up on AFF, what I’m looking for is a macro that can turn bolded text (which I sometimes use for emphasis) into ALL-CAPS TEXT throughout a document. I’ve written macros that can make lots of other kinds of systematic formatting changes, but changing the case of letters is a bit beyond me.

On 7/23/2024 at 8:18 PM, Wilde_Guess said:

Hi, Deadman.

GeorgeGlass would have no choice but to switch bold to ALL CAPS text.  Using an “all-caps font” would see the font stripped and substituted for whatever font is actually used.  Capital A is unicode 0041.  Lowercase a is unicode 0061.  So, the “lower case a that is a capital A in font x” will go back to a lowercase a.

Thanks.

Interesting. Didn’t know that you could do that.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:37 PM, GeorgeGlass said:

Right. Since bolding doesn’t show up on AFF, what I’m looking for is a macro that can turn bolded text (which I sometimes use for emphasis) into ALL-CAPS TEXT throughout a document. I’ve written macros that can make lots of other kinds of systematic formatting changes, but changing the case of letters is a bit beyond me.

Do people use a lot of bolded text in AFF stories? I usually only do it at the beginning and end. Often for either an “author’s note” or for “the end”.

On 7/26/2024 at 4:03 PM, Deadman said:

Do people use a lot of bolded text in AFF stories? I usually only do it at the beginning and end. Often for either an “author’s note” or for “the end”.

Like I said, I sometimes use it for emphasis, mainly when the text is already italicized (eg, because it’s a character’s thoughts). Also, chapter titles.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.