Click Here!

A humble suggestion

Seaman

Back in the day when dinosaurs still roamed the earth and your only connection to the interweb was dial-up, your only source for written smut were newsgroups.  The two big ones were alt.sex.stories (a.s.s.) and alt.sex.stories.moderated (a.s.s.m.).  There, tags were manually put in by the writers rather than selected from a drop down list and to indicate the active characters in a story the letters were repeated, to a point. MF, MM, MMF, MFFF, as examples which gave a clearer idea what to expect in a story.  By convention the limit was three with a plus added for even larger groups, MFFF+ for some guy captured by an Amazon band.

Also, MF were the letters used for adults, mf for adolescent teens, and bg for pre-teens, better, I think than Minor1 and Minor2.

Finally, could another checkbox with a blank to fill be added for those really unusual actions?  In the first story I’ve posted in my Avatar Tales, First Date (plug!) Zuko brings Lin to climax by fingering her – in the list – but she returns the favor by letting him thrust in her ample cleavage – not in the list.  It wasn’t a hand job, exactly, and certainly not a blow job so I could see no way the indicate it.

It’s so refreshing to meet people who remember dial-up, and the joys of being able to say you had a 2400 baud modem when your friends only had 1200 baud. :lol: 

Once we finish debugging the last bits of the updated code, members will be able to add tags manually, in addition to the tags available in the dropdown. We pared our tag list down in an effort to make it manageable, but I don’t recall boob sex or cleavage sex being a tag even before the culling of the tags. We would have no problem with your adding the tag manually, at the top of the chapter if you like, or I can add it into the tag field for you.

As far as the age-related tags, we want there to be no ambiguity about the content because it can be extremely triggering for readers. If someone sees mf as a tag, given that the newsgroups aren’t the main source of written smut, it is highly likely the reader will not understand it denotes adolescents under the age of 18 because it is written in lower case, and bg won’t be interpreted as “boy/girl” as intended by the newsgroup usage. Most readers don’t keep the tag list open, so we want to make it as clear and transparent as possible. The word “Minor” is unambiguous enough to make a reader stop dead if they don’t want to read that sort of content. 

Fair enough.

Is there a place where the story stats – specifically the number of views and reviews – can be pulled up besides finding in the archive?  The story manager would be a good place since it brings up all the stories you have in that category.

And while I am at it, is catergory on purpose? It makes me itch every time I see it.

12 minutes ago, Seaman said:

Fair enough.

Is there a place where the story stats – specifically the number of views and reviews – can be pulled up besides finding in the archive?  The story manager would be a good place since it brings up all the stories you have in that category.

And while I am at it, is catergory on purpose? It makes me itch every time I see it.

You can view stats (views & reviews) under your profile too… “Stories Written” though it’s category by category.

4 hours ago, Seaman said:

Fair enough.

@Desiderius Price is correct—you can view your stats in your profile under the Stories Written tab, which is a pretty quick way to access those details. When you look there, you’ll see all the subdomains where you’ve published stories, and clicking on any of those subdomains gives you all the stories with their statistics.

And that’s one of a few typos in the archive that make me itch as well, but sadly, I don’t have access to fix those metaphorical pebbles in my metaphorical shoe. While things are still being debugged, it hasn’t been a priority to fix the typos.  We’ll get to it, though, if only to soothe the editor portion of my brain.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.