Click Here!

Winter Holiday 2023

InvidiaRed

The Longest Night!

Where Winter’s grasp its tightest, the frost is the most ravaging, that saps the warmth and life from all so foolish to ventured forth.

But for all its death cold, and the howling winds and the nameless things that lurk within the icy grip. For it is winter that allows the earth to lay in fallow slumber to be greeted by the first rays of rising dawn, The end of the old must in turn make way for the new.

The promise of dew, and the welcoming excoriating rain of renewal to chip away at what was, so that which is may take those first burgeoning steps.

enjoy the eggnog with Krampus in the corner as even the long night must give way to day!

Celebrate with both old and new, party with the forgotten and praise the coming day.

At dawn, Look to the East!

The rules are thus in our heartfelt offerings!

• Tags at the top of the story
  • Holiday theme
  • Original Fiction
  • Oneshot 45k word limitation!

You can find the stories here!

Edited by GeorgeGlass

• 2 weeks later...

Jötunheimr Christmas

The world descends towards apocalyptic with the betrayal of the global pantheon

Yet The Beast Of The Sea revels in assignation and the world serpent remit

Beyond Ífingr, the river that never freezes, An elder deity is never truly idle.

• 2 weeks later...

That’s probably what’s going to happen with my story too.  I’ve made some progress, but in addition to having a long way to go, the story takes place on Christmas Eve anyway, so it’ll either go up then or on Christmas Day.

Super happy to see you joining in!  These holiday anthologies are always better the more people are in on them, so the more the merrier. 🙂

My story is posted!

Mount

Summary: In a world of human knights and their semi-anthropomorphic horses, a young man discovers that his new job at the stable carries more responsibilities than he expected.

Tags: Anthro, MF, Oral

Also, IR, I took the liberty of adding a link to the Winter Holiday story in the archive to the top post in this thread.