Click Here!

Are anonymous reviews deliberately turned off no matter what, or is that just a bug/something waiting to be turned back on?

Wilde_Guess

Hello, @manta2g and all.

I have “anonymous reviews” turned on.  So, my readers are told they need to create an account and log in to leave a review once.  Others have anonymous reviews turned off.  Their readers are admonished to create an account and log in to leave a review twice.  Why?

Thanks in advance.

38 minutes ago, Desiderius Price said:

TBH, I wasn’t going to sweat it.  I was thankful enough to be able to post stories (even though that eliminated one excuse to not updating quicker), I’m tolerant of a a bug or two as that’s quite understandable.

Hi, Desiderius Price.

“Sweating it” would be excessive to describe my concern.  And, “lowering the bar” too much would only serve to wear out my “delete” key.  Just the same, giving the (potential) reader one less excuse to comment would be nice, if the genuine trash-typers and Cheap-Ass Rat B?????d hackers could be kept from causing excessive trouble.

15 minutes ago, Wilde_Guess said:

“Sweating it” would be excessive to describe my concern.  And, “lowering the bar” too much would only serve to wear out my “delete” key.  Just the same, giving the (potential) reader one less excuse to comment would be nice, if the genuine trash-typers and Cheap-Ass Rat B?????d hackers could be kept from causing excessive trouble.

I’ve been mixed on the anonymous review capability.  On one hand, its one less hurdle for a reader to actually submit a review.  On the other, a forced sign-in-to-review at least makes sure said reader has to attach an account to the review which helps keep the vitriol ones away.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.