Click Here!

READ ME: Validation/Password Reset Issues

BronxWench

To add to the list of requests – I recall when the announcement was made but after checking spam/junk folders, I never located a verification e-mail unfortunately. I opted to wait since it appeared there were some issues still ongoing but I still never got one. I attempted a password reset, but the links sent did not have the word “password” anywhere in the URL (if I was reading past posts correctly). This be my account down here if that helps at all:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296894852

I’ll continue to wait out this issue patiently as I know this whole ordeal has been difficult for many admins. ^^

3 hours ago, Kei0523 said:

To add to the list of requests – I recall when the announcement was made but after checking spam/junk folders, I never located a verification e-mail unfortunately. I opted to wait since it appeared there were some issues still ongoing but I still never got one. I attempted a password reset, but the links sent did not have the word “password” anywhere in the URL (if I was reading past posts correctly). This be my account down here if that helps at all:

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296894852

I’ll continue to wait out this issue patiently as I know this whole ordeal has been difficult for many admins. ^^

I’ve emailed you new links that should work. Let us know if there’s any problems. 

56 minutes ago, Splendidissmus said:

I either didn’t get or spam folder deleted the revalidation e-mail, and I can’t reset password. 😔

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=27439

I’ve emailed you the new links.

3 hours ago, Guest EGB Fan said:

My revalidation seemed to work at the time, but now I can’t access my account or reset my password via the forgotten password option (the link it sends is ‘no longer valid’, seconds after coming in).

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296989303

Thanks!

I’ll email you a new password reset link. You do seem to have validated.

1 hour ago, Guest cnova said:

You need to validate and reset your password. I’m emailing you updated links to do both.

1 hour ago, Guest Lis said:

Hello. Think I managed to validate mine, but was unable to reset pwd. Please & thanks!

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296864613

I’m sending you the password reset link via email.

On 2/23/2023 at 11:34 PM, BronxWench said:

I’m showing you as fully validated and registered, with a completed password reset. When you open the archive home page, does it show you as logged in already?

Nope.  I enter my ID & password and it goes blank and won’t log me in.  So I do it again and again and the same thing happens.  And the page still says Login.  

11 minutes ago, SkyBubble said:

Nope.  I enter my ID & password and it goes blank and won’t log me in.  So I do it again and again and the same thing happens.  And the page still says Login.  

I’ve responded to your DM. We’ll get this sorted! 

On 2/27/2023 at 10:38 PM, BronxWench said:

I’ve emailed you new links that should work. Let us know if there’s any problems. 

Thank you, BronxWench! I successfully received the link and authenticated the account but unfortunately haven’t had any luck resetting the password. Every attempt tells me the password reset link is no longer valid.😭

1 hour ago, Kei0523 said:

Thank you, BronxWench! I successfully received the link and authenticated the account but unfortunately haven’t had any luck resetting the password. Every attempt tells me the password reset link is no longer valid.😭

I’ve sent you a new link via email. Hopefully, this one will work for you.

2 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I’ve sent you a new link via email. Hopefully, this one will work for you.

Strange, unfortunately it’s still not working. I tried copying and pasting it in a separate tab, too, but got the attached error saying it’s still invalid. Am I missing something?🤔

BD972A74-505B-4186-8272-D7BC1BE0C7EC.jpeg

The only thing I can think of is that the password doesn’t meet the requirements, or was perhaps not a new password. 

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

If that’s not the case, let me know, and we’ll look into it further.

18 hours ago, BronxWench said:

The only thing I can think of is that the password doesn’t meet the requirements, or was perhaps not a new password. 

Password rules recap:  Between 12-18 letters and/or numbers long, case sensitive. NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. Do NOT use your old password, or let Google make a strong password full of forbidden characters for you.

If that’s not the case, let me know, and we’ll look into it further.

Apologies, I meant when I clicked the link sent to me, I was still getting the page that said the reset link was no longer valid. I tried to copy & paste the link but still got the same page indicating the link was not valid. If there is something else I should be trying, like if I need to clear cache or something I’m absolutely willing to try! 

Thank you in advance!! I know this whole thing has been frustrating for everyone involved and y’all work so hard to keep this site up and running. Thank you for everything y’all do!

27 minutes ago, Kei0523 said:

Apologies, I meant when I clicked the link sent to me, I was still getting the page that said the reset link was no longer valid. I tried to copy & paste the link but still got the same page indicating the link was not valid. If there is something else I should be trying, like if I need to clear cache or something I’m absolutely willing to try! 

Thank you in advance!! I know this whole thing has been frustrating for everyone involved and y’all work so hard to keep this site up and running. Thank you for everything y’all do!

We’ll try a fresh link, and maybe clear your cache just to be sure any old information isn't hanging about.

3 hours ago, BronxWench said:

We’ll try a fresh link, and maybe clear your cache just to be sure any old information isn't hanging about.

Got the link and cleared cache, history, everything (just in case). Unfortunately I'm still getting the same invalid message when clicking the link. 😓

8 hours ago, BronxWench said:

I’m going to tag @manta2g and hopefully she’ll be able to pinpoint the issue for us.

Sounds like there has been an ip change since the account was authorized. (Very strict security protocol to prevent account hijack.)

I'm on my mobile right now but once I get home, I'll be happy to help sort this out.

@Kei0523 I'm going be available between 6pm and 9pm central. We can fix this via private forum messages or vis aff's facebook messenger. 

8 hours ago, manta2g said:

Sounds like there has been an ip change since the account was authorized. (Very strict security protocol to prevent account hijack.)

I'm on my mobile right now but once I get home, I'll be happy to help sort this out.

@Kei0523 I'm going be available between 6pm and 9pm central. We can fix this via private forum messages or vis aff's facebook messenger. 

Ah! I see. Okay, I am also located in central time and can certainly be on during that time.

Is there still issues with getting things working?

I had a problem logging in a little while ago and @BronxWench was nice about helping me reset. However I tried to log in today into the main archive and it’s not working again. Might be an issue with the IP address changes.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.