Click Here!

Nothing comes up when I search Inc in tags

Guest Penguinbuddy

Guest Penguinbuddy

When I try to search Inc in tags nothing comes up. Incest brings up a few results but stories tagged Inc don’t come up. I’ve tried “Inc” Inc* inc Inc inc* and other things and I get no results. Is that related to the other issues the site has been having? 

The search function might not be fully available yet. I was able to search by author name in one archive, but not if I used a wildcard. I tried a tag search and it appears anything less that 4 characters isn’t working. If I search for HJ, I get nothing, but a search for a 4 character tag like Anal gets results.

Of course, the archive pages aren’t fully restored yet, so this may be cleared up as each archive is fixed and brought back online.

SOME SQL statements, even if they seem read-only, might be generating an internal “temporary” database table.  Normally, not an issue because its so short lived that it likely isn’t even written out to disk, however, it can mean innocuous seeming searches won’t work when the database is in read-only mode.

Another possibility is much more restrictive filtering of search terms from user input…

SQL injections can be tough to fix without a lot of inspection of the code, it’ll take time.

Edited by Desiderius Price

Guest Penguinbuddy
5 hours ago, Desiderius Price said:

SOME SQL statements, even if they seem read-only, might be generating an internal “temporary” database table.  Normally, not an issue because its so short lived that it likely isn’t even written out to disk, however, it can mean innocuous seeming searches won’t work when the database is in read-only mode.

Another possibility is much more restrictive filtering of search terms from user input…

SQL injections can be tough to fix without a lot of inspection of the code, it’ll take time.

Thank you, I thought it might be related but I wasn’t sure

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.