Click Here!

Posting a Story

SkyBubble

Hi!

Stories get posted in our Archive, which is comprised of a number of subdomains based on your fandom ‘verse, as well as Original Writing. You can find the Archive Home Page here.

We have a FAQ explaining how to upload a story to the Archive right here.

Some other very helpful FAQs cover disclaimers, story tags, and general information about stories in the archive.

And finally, if you have an issue uploading a story, or aren’t sure what subdomain you need, you can always reach out here on the Forum in the General Staff Questions thread, or via email to tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. The email address is monitored regularly, and we try to respond to every inquiry within 24 hours.

I hope this helps!

On 8/25/2022 at 6:25 PM, BronxWench said:

Hi!

Stories get posted in our Archive, which is comprised of a number of subdomains based on your fandom ‘verse, as well as Original Writing. You can find the Archive Home Page here.

We have a FAQ explaining how to upload a story to the Archive right here.

Some other very helpful FAQs cover disclaimers, story tags, and general information about stories in the archive.

And finally, if you have an issue uploading a story, or aren’t sure what subdomain you need, you can always reach out here on the Forum in the General Staff Questions thread, or via email to tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org. The email address is monitored regularly, and we try to respond to every inquiry within 24 hours.

I hope this helps!

OK, hi.

I tried clicking on my ID here on the Forums.  Nothing like “My Control Panel” appears.  I tried going to http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org  Taht page didn’t seem to have me logged in, so I tried the Login.  It kept disappearing when I typed in it, and it didn’t seem to take my login.  Now, I’m just getting a blank page.  

Okay.

Your Forum Profile will not have a Control Panel, because stories are not supposed to be posted to the Forum. So, don’t look around in the Forum for a place to post a story.

The first step is to log in to your Archive Profile. Navigate to this url:  https://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php  (The first link you provided above was to a blank page because it is the old http link and not the current https link.) At the top of that Archive home page, you will see a menu bar, as illustrated in the first FAQ I linked. At the far right, you will see the Login menu option. Clicking that will open a dropdown, where you need to type in your email address that you used to make the Archive account, and the password you set for that account. Do NOT use your pen name, or your user ID number. Those won’t work. Please also remember that the password is case sensitive, so if you used a capital letter anywhere when creating the password, you will always have to remember to use a capital letter. You should also have a password that is 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with NO punctuation, spaces, or special characters like @ or &. Just letters and/or numbers please. Then click the button that says “Login” right below where you typed in your email address and password. 

Once you have successfully logged in, you will be able to see your pen name in that far right end of the menu bar. That’s where you will find the Control Panel, in the dropdown that opens when you click on your pen name. Clicking Control Panel takes you to the page where you will begin the process of posting your story. There are two menus on the left side. The first menu contains links that will let you update your Archive profile. The second menu lists the Story Managers for each subdomain. It is important that you post your story in the correct subdomain, so if you have a story about Harry Potter, you will see that the fandom has its own subdomain. That’s where you would post the story, as opposed to Books or Movies. If your story is about a particular movie, you would go to the Movies subdomain. Once in the correct subdomain, you can choose a next-level category. The FAQ I linked for you in my first post explains this with illustrations, so it may be a good idea to read that FAQ again.

As far as browsers, unless you are trying to use the late and unlamented Microsoft Explorer, you should not have any issues. Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Microsoft Edge, and other current browsers work with our site, both in desktop/laptop versions and in mobile versions.

I’ve logged into https://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php numerous times.  It gives me the Login, I click it, I input my information (ID & Password), and it doesn’t log me in.  So I try it again and it doesn’t log me in.  This is on more than one computer.  

What subdomain do I use for a celebrity who hasn’t been written about here before?

In the case of a Celebrity who does not have a dedicated individual subdomain, or does not fall under any of the other subdomains under the Celebrity domain (Musicals/Plays, WWF/WWE, My Chemical Romance, etc)  the story would go in Celebrity – Misc., and then into whichever category would be appropriate (General, Het-male/female, Slash-male/male, etc). 

6 hours ago, SkyBubble said:

I’ve logged into https://www.adult-fanfiction.org/html-index.php numerous times.  It gives me the Login, I click it, I input my information (ID & Password), and it doesn’t log me in.  So I try it again and it doesn’t log me in.  This is on more than one computer.  

What subdomain do I use for a celebrity who hasn’t been written about here before?

Please email me the information you are using to log in. This way, I can check to make sure the email address matches what we have in the database, and I can see if there’s an issue with the password. I do not recommend posting member email addresses on this forum, since it’s public and we all hate spambots. The email address to use to contact me is tos_team@adult-fanfiction.org.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.