Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

That is interesting.... and works well with an idea i had for ariel. What is instead of trying to go through the everlight jungle...  AT FIRST, they go through later..... Ariel offers to show him a way through atlantica, and when the get there serpenteen are hunting mermaids for pets.

For a twist, ariel could step up into the royal role by negotiating a treaty and return, winning hiccup not one but TWO undrrsea kingdoms.

Yeah, disney was big on comics. Winnie the pooh was weird, he had sheldon cooper's abrasive personality.

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

There were a few other mermaids of interest we could make cameos of, like saleen from aladdin (possibly as a traitor) and gabriella (maybe as a handmaiden or close friend of ariel's.

3 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Altgought that one was based on a real life fan, so a bit awkward.

These are possibilities, though I didn't know Gabriel (isn't that the one that deaf and/or mute) was based on a fan. And if I recall the show correctly they also introduced merfolk that were part shark, Sharkanians, though they only showed males of said species and ones that were part manta/sting ray, though those seemed to be limited to a single father some pair... I think they also had an episode showing more of Ursula's kind, called Octopoids, though in real life mythology such beings are called cecaelia

Named after scylla. Did some research on that, the term is relativelt new, and the main people with octo-people legends are narive american oddly enough.

The serpenteen could be Accidentally running a slave market by hubting pets. Hiccup and ariel could lead them all in an uprising, but he's surprised they just lock them up and glare. As they put it 'it was humiliating, but they didn't treat us that badly. You hear stories'. Ariel releases Celia to sit down and talk now that she's felt it make a friend (and maybe her own mistress) and hiccup leaves with full use if the underwater roads. Not to mention underwater militia contacts.

The idea of the secret passage is that after arendale freezes the pass to keep the empire out, he needs a new way into everlight so ariel provides, by the way. Don't think that was clear.

Edited by Strange_idea

10 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Named after scylla. Did some research on that, the term is relativelt new, and the main people with octo-people legends are narive american oddly enough.

The serpenteen could be Accidentally running a slave market by hubting pets. Hiccup and ariel could lead them all in an uprising, but he's surprised they just lock them up and glare. As they put it 'it was humiliating, but they didn't treat us that badly. You hear stories'. Ariel releases Celia to sit down and talk now that she's felt it make a friend (and maybe her own mistress) and hiccup leaves with full use if the underwater roads. Not to mention underwater militia contacts.

The idea of the secret passage is that after arendale freezes the pass to keep the empire out, he needs a new way into everlight so ariel provides, by the way. Don't think that was clear.

Hmm... These are possibilities. I admit I didn't know (though I by no means claim to know everything) that any of the Native American tribes (I assume ones dwelling near the coasts) had tales of octopus folk, my knowledge of the mythology is mostly about beasts of the land and sky...

Another idea has occurred to me, similar to the thought of 'what if young Hiccup, trying to mimic Maleficent, tried to give himself wings during the prologue', what if he also tried to give himself gills, as one would assume the various merfolk, such as Ursula, would have?

that could go bad REALLY fast. it’s be great black comedy.

make sure toothless is at hand. Grimhilde could bemoan that his pet is smarter than him (not in front of him obviously, to the other sorceresses).

For bonus points, he tries it the first time thinking she just held her breath a really long time, but explains to toothless what gills are and how he’s going to give himself gills. cut to him standing in front of Grimhilde again soaking wet and shivering, and she’s just sitting there staring at him. so is toothless.

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

that could go bad REALLY fast. it’s be great black comedy.

make sure toothless is at hand. Grimhilde could bemoan that his pet is smarter than him (not in front of him obviously, to the other sorceresses).

For bonus points, he tries it the first time thinking she just held her breath a really long time, but explains to toothless what gills are and how he’s going to give himself gills. cut to him standing in front of Grimhilde again soaking wet and shivering, and she’s just sitting there staring at him. so is toothless.

That is rather amusing, I had been considering having one of the sorceresses, likely Maleficent or Grimhilde, possibly alerted by Mirage, catching him still in the planning stages and going "No, just no."

1 minute ago, Strange_idea said:

Formatting problem but

Hiccup heard the door open behind him and sighed. All this work wasted. He turned to see which of his caretakers was gong to tell him no.

Mim grinned curiously from the doorway

Hiccup will likely be happy he gets to go through with the experiment, but I doubt the other sorceresses will be pleased with Mim...

Though now I'm struck by the idea of Hiccup explaining his idea to Toothless who gives him an odd look before slowly asking "You want to turn yourself into a fish? Fish are food..."

9 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

out of curiousity, what kind of mother do you see ursula being?

I admit she is the one I have a bit of trouble picking a role for...

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Do you have a fanfiction.net account? I JUST found out how to send beta reading files. PM me if you do

I do, what is your name on said site?

Edited by Jwsponky

12 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

so i think she’d be the ‘two-faced’ mother. the sweetest and most supportive, so long as it suits her and most likely to sell him out of go behind his back. An opportunist sweet-talker. a salesman, in other words.

This is a plan, and to what purpose do you wish me to message you, given that is effectively what we've been doing?

5 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

by PM ing me, i can be a Beta reader, checking chapter spelling, punctuation, and coherency and sending back notes. It’s a form of collaboration. basically i could help you with the story if you wanted. just thought i’d offer

Oh, is that a feature of this forum, FN, or AFN?

I will do such when I get the chance then

With my imagination's usual erraticness, I've been hit by an idea, that I admit I'm unlikey to use, for some Disney characters I might include, partly based on your suggestion of the sorceresses having 'daughters' they try and convinced Hiccup to take as mistresses…

While I've never watched them, based on what I've heard about them the Descendants films feature characters that are actually the daughters of Maleficent, Grimhilde, and Ursula (not sure about any offspring of Mim or Mirage though) so what if they were part of the story and viewed Hiccup as a little brother of sorts?

10 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I also thought of them! though how would we use them?

I was going to suggest that they make a cameo in the epilouge as his kids by those women, much younger than their canon.

other than that, i don;t see them adding too much.

As I said it was merely a passing thought, and the idea of them being Hiccup's epilogue kids had occurred to me before the idea of adding them to the story proper

so to revisit an idea i had. I think Charlotte should be in love with tiana. not sensual love though, she prefers her company and wants to shower her with affection. she doesn’t mind the idea physical love with her, it’s just less special to a pleasure slave. she’s also very protective as a result, even from hiccup and will adorably pout and hug her close if he tries to get a session alone with her,

6 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

so to revisit an idea i had. I think Charlotte should be in love with tiana. not sensual love though, she prefers her company and wants to shower her with affection. she doesn’t mind the idea physical love with her, it’s just less special to a pleasure slave. she’s also very protective as a result, even from hiccup and will adorably pout and hug her close if he tries to get a session alone with her,

That would be amusing, and reminds me of a passing thought I had concerning the slave rebellion idea…

In the Empire Harbor area of the second game, there is a Tower Gate in a secluded corner of the map amongst some large boulders/small hills, so what if Hiccup used said gate to rapidly bring in building materials to create a fort around the Gate, using it both as a headquarters and escape route for the rebellion, and to cut off the Heartlands from sea trade?

Edited by Jwsponky

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.