Click Here!

2016 AFF Tales from the ChatBox Reviews

Desiderius Price

Sweater, Desiderius Price
Oh, how I wish I didn't find this story to be such a believable portrayal of human behavior. Cateline’s misery (as seen in hindsight), and the eagerness of so many to jump on the bandwagon to criticize and shame her, felt very real.

Trick or Treat? Tahn
Funny take on trick-or-treating. Glad I didn't read it over lunch, though. :)

From DirtyAngel on November 01, 2016

Ohhh, some fun ones this year...except sweater, that was sooo sad :( made me cry, meanie!

Ok, so I'm the designated review write for our little group. 

Sweater: I liked it but it made sense to me since I read Star Rebels and the spinoffs, but might be a little confusing to those who don't know the backstory. Good though, made me cry and Lizzie wanted to kick some snotty teen butts LOL, you made my girlfriend mad, thanks LOL

Polled: Alien politicians? Now that's scary, the human ones are bad enough LOL. 

Trick or Treat: Tahn, this was awesome, but I thought duct tape fixed everything LOL, Gotta love Zombies :) Didn't quite get it until the breakfast scene with the eye and toast then I was like "Say what?" Made Magus read the beginning again, just gotta say ewwwwwww :)

Pumpkin Spice: LOL, you sound like Magus "I don't want soy latte cranberry mocha carmel crap! Why can't I just get a cup of coffee?" Now he's like, "Why don't you smell like apple pie?" Thanks Bronx :P Had us fooled too, we thought she was an alien after reading polled LOL

Several reviews from me:

Little Red Riding Hood:
Nice spin on the classic tale.

Pumpkin Spice:
Interesting…

And now replying to DirtyAngel’s review:

Sweater: I liked it but it made sense to me since I read Star Rebels and the spinoffs, but might be a little confusing to those who don't know the backstory. Good though, made me cry and Lizzie wanted to kick some snotty teen butts LOL, you made my girlfriend mad, thanks LOL

Thanks for the review.  I do try to make them all generally readable w/o having to read the rest, though there will usually be some hints/nuances/tie-ins for the regular readers to appreciate :P  And yes, this isn’t Ifor at his best.

Pumpkin Spice: First, the skewering of the now-tired pumpkin spice trend is well deserved. (I just saw Pumpkin Spice Cheerios at the grocery store the other day.) Second, the idea of a succubus who can adjust her scent (and flavor) at will was very creative. And third, in a Halloween horror story, there's no bigger twist than a happy ending! I enjoyed it.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.