Click Here!

Are we allowed to write about celebrities or historical figures, and where would such stories go?

Penelope

What are the limits when it comes to writing about celebrities and historical figures? What about the stage characters of real musicians, as separate from the real person, or a character from a stage play written very specifically in the I didn't see a mention of the matter in the ToS. If push comes to shove, I could edit my work to remove the names of any specific people, but one of my best focuses very particularly on a character created and played by a musician, and that couldn't really be edited and still make sense.

All the best,

Penny

Characters are treated separately from the person portraying them. A character is a fandom device, and the canon of that fandom applies. If a 21 year old is portraying a 16 year old, the fandom character is a minor, and the story gets a Minor2 tag. If the story is about the celebrity and only mentions the character as part of the story (ie, what the celebrity is doing workwise), then the celebrity age governs

But Des makes a very important point. We don't allow any stories involving real people under the age of 18, so any celebrity has to be 18 years of age or older, or we will remove the story.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.