Click Here!

How to send message

Guest Compa

If it's about a story, you can probably leave a review. Otherwise, you can use the forum's private message system if both you and the author have profiles.

So, I think you need to be logged in, first, with a forum account. Then, you find the author's forum profile, and click on the "Send me a message" button. (Pretty self-explanatory after that).

- DP

Des is correct. Our Private Message system on the forum is only available to registered users of the forum, and there isn't any method to send private messages via the archive. As Des said, you can leave a review, or you can check to see if the author has a review reply thread here on the forum. Those threads are open to guests for posting once the author's created them, just as this thread is.

• 4 months later...

Is there a way for the author to send a message to someone who left a review. For example being able to reply to a review, without needing the Forum? I got this really nice review or people who ask questions in reviews, and it's reall bothersome that I can't seem to reply to any of it simply because they don't know about the Forum.

Unless the reviewer has a forum account, and therefore access to our PM system, no. We don't permit replies to reviews on the review board itself, and the only other option I can suggest, if your reader doesn't want to follow a url to the forums, would be to place a very brief reply to that review at the end of the next chapter of your story.

I stress brief here, because we have a limit on the length of author's note content allowed in a chapter, and such notes can't total more than 600 words. We do check that, and we do warn a member if heir author's notes exceed the limit. I would further suggest any note contain the url to the forum review reply thread for your story. Your readers do not need to be forum members to read or reply on the thread you make, and it's much easier to have a lively conversation here rather than in the archive itself.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.