Click Here!

need title for tradition

SirGeneralSir

i need a name/title for a tradition that allows for multiple marriages in a clan with a samurai type of mentality

example: one guy marries three women, all four of them must agree to the marriage, it cant be forced, the three women can vote to have another woman or even man join the marriage, but the husband must also agree with it for it to happen as he would also be married to the new person.

I was trying to think up some kind of romantic sounding name for it, but so far all I have is "Immortal Hearts" or 'Marriage of Immortal Hearts' something like that, but i dont know if it feels right

http://hubpages.com/hub/Women-in-the-Heian-Court

http://hubpages.com/topics/education-and-science/history-and-archaeology/history-of-asia/history-of-japan/7320

Research, SGS, is the lifeblood of a writer. If you can't research, then stick to what you know firsthand. Readers are turned off by lack of knowledge, especially otaku readers who delve into Japanese history and culture because they love the Naruto fandom.

BW i did see that kind of history and thats what im basing it off of, but im trying to make this tradition for these guys, their own.

for example, the clansmen of the soon to be husband, each make him swear to uphold some kind of standing with the women, being respectful, loving etc while placing a blade against his neck or other such threatening gestures.

if the clansmen believe him to be lying, they would kick his ass and throw him at the feet of the women and tell them he is unworthy scum and is for them to decide.

if it turns out that one of the women or the husband himself, is controlling and an overall ass hole, beating them etc, they just kill the person instead

You need to keep in mind that the Japanese culture already has rich associations, and as long as you're playing in a fandom that is at heart Japanese, you need to remember that. The readers don't want to see something entirely new. Adapt the traditional and add a small twist, but don't try and marry tribal ritual to Japanese concubinage. It's impossibly contradictory.

humm you have a point there.

so what would the traditional term be then? because i want all the girls and the husband living in the same house, everyone treated as equals, no one being above the other etc

i guess my OCs could refer to it as a "union of immortal hearts" or something

i think its kind of both.

from what i understand at least, unlike mormon polygamy, the wives would actually have a say in things in that, if they want sex or not, kids or anything that a normal marriage would entail, that the husband can not simply snap his fingers and demand to be "serviced" or anything of that kind.

it is like poly in that they are all living in the same house, some of the girls though would entertain each other on their own as they please.

hence why i thought of making my own version because its not really like the types i had read about, that i did find

Heinlein described that sort of this a group or line marriage (depending on the book and the exact setup). The reason for line marriages in the book he first used them in was to preserve property rights; since new, younger, people were being regularly added to the marriage one death wouldn't cause the holdings to leave the hands of the family.

ok i think i have it worded properly ..... maybe.

slight change of topic, does anyone know what a japanese cottage/hut would be called, something that would not be for a peasant, but for some one of mid status or something.

a place where a person could live for a while and maybe have a lady visit for a bit, kind of like a temp bachelor pad?

You could call it the heart seed ceremony where new love is sewn and the passion of the continuing love that came before is nurtured and reaffirmed.

Personally I kind of like the sound of that.

Edited by Aysha c.c.