Click Here!

She is the One

GEMINI

23 hours ago, Joe Long said:

What I missed (or what jashley cleverly avoided) was Rhona being rejected.

An astute observation!  That puts her in the same boat as Amanda— two headaches for Jack and he’s about to get a third unless Kayla is in a very understanding mood.

@Jashley 13   –   It’s been a long time since I read J.R.R. Tolkien but he referred to the languages in his books as ‘elvish,’ not ‘elfish.’  I once dated a girl who was a huge LOTR fan and she would have roasted you for that mistake! :)  Good chapter.  While you’re on hiatus, I think I’ll start re-reading the story and make notes on the things I missed. 

You’re leaving when?  Next week?

4 hours ago, Chester57 said:

An astute observation!  That puts her in the same boat as Amanda— two headaches for Jack and he’s about to get a third unless Kayla is in a very understanding mood.

Jack’s supposed to swearing off knighthood, and now both Amanda and Rhona are, “OMG Jack, I’m falling apart” – while Kayla’s ready to crush his nuts

Saw this on Facebook tonight from a local girl who’s starting here senior year. The sentiments seemed to line up so well with things in this story (and she threw this guy under the bus like three times in one paragraph!)

I spent the last three years of my life in high school worried about fake people, drama, social media, and an irrelevant relationship. As I get older, my priorities changed and I am determined to make a difference in the world. I've learned that there are way more important things in life than dating the guy on the football team or who said what on Instagram. This year I plan on focusing on my goals, my songs, my future. Nothing is stopping or distracting me in these next 180 days from becoming the best person I can possibly be. No one, especially a dumb guy is going to stand in between me and success. Walking in to my first day of senior year, I feel nothing but determination for the great things I plan to do with my life. My past mistakes shot me forward, and I am geared up and ready to go. #NoDistractions #SeniorYear #FirstLastDay

Hey everyone. I ship out in the morning so I figured I’d take this opportunity to say my goodbye right now.

Well...goodbye isn’t the right word for it. This isn’t me leaving permanently, of course. It’s just a couple of months that I’m gonna be off the grid before I come back with a vengeance...sort of. Trust me, I’ve got so much of the story in my head right now that, hopefully, when I have access to a computer again, it’ll all just flow out like crazy. Sorry to leave you on a cliffhanger, but I figured it was as good a place as any to pause the story and get the excitement going for what happens next ;) Look for me to come back around mid-November, just so you don’t have to keep checking back here every couple of days.

In all seriousness, I just want to say that you are all the best fans any writer could ever hope to have. When I started this story over two years ago, I never thought it would get the fanbase or support that it has. It was just a story that I wanted to tell. And now it’s evolved into so much more than that and I’m truly humbled by the support its gotten and the theories it’s spawned. Seriously, when you have your readers guessing what is going to happen next or creating their own outlandish versions of what they want to happen next, it’s the best compliment a writer can get. It shows the readers care about the story. They like it enough to want to add their own voice to it and believe me, I read and consider everything everyone has ever suggested.

Including Walrus Tara.

I hope all of you have a fantastic couple of months. I’ve talked to Bashful Scribe and hopefully he can start chugging out the chapters as quickly (kind of) as I do. He’s starting uni again so I know his time will be limited but hopefully he will be able to fill in the void while I’m gone. He’s the better writer anyway so definitely give him all the support you can. He deserves it.

And here’s where I will sign off. Just know that you’re all amazing fans and I love you all and I’m going to do my absolute best in boot camp to be worthy of all the love and support you’ve shown me over the past two years. I couldn’t have done it without you all. You make me proud to be a writer.

Until we meet again, guys.

Love,

Joe

Edited by Jashley13

5 hours ago, Joe Long said:

So now what do we do?

I think I’m going to read some actual books for a change.  You ever go to Costco or Target or Wal-Mart and browse their book sections?  I must have a dozen books that I bought and never read— thinking that I’d get to them someday.  Haven’t really been on the Blue Site, either, since I came over here.  Is it about the same or worse?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, that-one-guy said:

*Harmonica plays, crickets are heard and a rogue tumbleweed blows past"

Ha,ha!  Yeah, everyone got out of Dodge for a while.  Tomorrow marks the halfway point of Joe’s Boot Camp vacation.  Just think of all the fun he’s having— up at 5 AM… PT… chow… classrooms and lectures… boat handling drills… chief petty officers screaming at him… more PT… written tests every day… inspections… and lastly, trying not to drown in Lake Michigan.  Well, better him than me!

When Able Seaman Jashley 13 gets to his duty station it will be mid-November.  That’s two and a half months into Jack and Kayla’s senior year.  He’s going to owe us at least four chapters! :)

1 hour ago, that-one-guy said:

Well, that's assuming they had an eventful start. For all we know after the convention it could have been the calm before the storm

Even if Jack survives the convention with his testicles intact, the storm will be Category 5.  Here’s a few possible scenarios I thought up—

- Amanda steals Kelly away from Alan -OR- she hooks up with Joe to spite her family -OR- she becomes the new school slut at Brow Ridge.

-Chester and Mary Hannigan have a trial separation.

-Jack does his White Knight routine again-- this time to help Jessica, who is being threatened by Brad.

-Kayla is assaulted by Brad.

-Tara is knocked up by Arthur, graduates and becomes a single mom.

-Ms. Cartwright sends a naked selfie to Jack saying she wants to be his personal trainer.  (Wishful thinking, I know— never mind) :)  

On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2016 at 10:27 AM, that-one-guy said:

So, in light of recent events IRL, should jack run into a killer clown at some point?

Killer clown?  I like it!  How about this? --

LOCAL HERO STOPS ‘KILLER CLOWN’ ATTACK AT HALLOWEEN PARTY

(Monday 31 Oct 2016)---  City police units responding to calls of a disturbance at a private weekend Halloween party arrested one costumed man in clown make-up after he threatened several people with a box-cutting knife.  Police identified the suspect as Bradley Nightingale, 18, and said he would be charged with assault and trespassing at the least.

A police spokesperson stated that they went to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Carter, who were hosting the party for classmates of their son.  Craig Carter, a senior at Brow Ridge High School, told officers that Nightingale had crashed the party, started waving his knife around and screaming threats about getting revenge.  “Things were getting scary,” said Carter, “ but then Brad was caught in a flying tackle by my good friend, Jack Harrison.  He really saved the day.  We held Brad down while my dad called the police.”  Nightingale was taken to jail and will face a court hearing later this week.  One officer lauded the actions of Mr. Harrison, also a senior, saying that he most likely prevented serious injury to the party-goers, numbering 50 to 60 teenagers.

Okay, that’s my killer clown theory— Jack kicks Brad’s ass and this time he gets sentenced as an adult! :devil:

Seriously though, I hope when Jashley gets back he gives us a Halloween chapter- those are always good!

Edited by Chester57

8 hours ago, Chester57 said:

Killer clown?  I like it!  How about this? --

LOCAL HERO STOPS ‘KILLER CLOWN’ ATTACK AT HALLOWEEN PARTY

(Sunday 31 Oct 2016)---  City police units responding to calls of a disturbance at a private weekend Halloween party arrested one costumed man in clown make-up after he threatened several people with a box-cutting knife.  Police identified the suspect as Bradley Nightingale, 18, and said he would be charged with assault and trespassing at the least.

A police spokesperson stated that they went to the home of Mr. and Mrs. Jeffrey Carter, who were hosting the party for classmates of their son.  Craig Carter, a senior at Brow Ridge High School, told officers that Nightingale had crashed the party, started waving his knife around and screaming threats about getting revenge.  “Things were getting scary,” said Carter, “ but then Brad was caught in a flying tackle by my good friend, Jack Harrison.  He really saved the day.  We held Brad down while my dad called the police.”  Nightingale was taken to jail and will face a court hearing later this week.  One officer lauded the actions of Mr. Harrison, also a senior, saying that he most likely prevented serious injury to the party-goers, numbering 50 to 60 teenagers.

Okay, that’s my killer clown theory— Jack kicks Brad’s ass and this time he gets sentenced as an adult! :devil:

Seriously though, I hope when Jashley gets back he gives us a Halloween chapter- those are always good!

Thats pretty much how I had pictured it going down too

14 minutes ago, that-one-guy said:

Been rereading the first chapters again (mostly cuz I'm looking for the green bikini scene) and Kayla is definitely more of a bitch now. Its  , given the amount of shit they've gone through but damn, she used to be sweet.

That green bikini comes much later… anyway, you are absolutely right that Kayla used to be sweet as a Georgia peach in the early chapters.  She was so anxious to fit in that she hooked up with douche Craig after one day of his smooth-talking bullshit.  In some ways, Kayla today is much more mature than Jack is.  I don’t think she is so much a bitch as she is a skeptical young woman.  Unlike Jack, she learns from her mistakes.

I see it’s been 6 weeks. I was hoping I remembered how to find this forum in the new system.

I’ve been writing when I have the chance, and recently read “People’s Republic” by Kurt Schlichter. For a first novel, it’s rather good.

Other than that, pretty boring. Waiting so see Kayla’s expression when jack opens the hotel room door.

20 hours ago, Infamous said:

Who else feels like there's going to be a twist where Kayla asks jack to “take a break”?

5 hours ago, Joe Long said:

Other than that, pretty boring. Waiting so see Kayla’s expression when jack opens the hotel room door.

Yep, Kayla’s reaction will set the stage for what happens this year.  The situation in the hotel room is circumstantial— Jack didn’t do anything inappropriate with Rhona.  Also, Kayla withheld sex until Jack’s birthday using the flimsy excuse that he was a minor and it wouldn’t be legal.  If she now tells Jack that she wants a break in their relationship then I would bet that he tells her to go pound sand.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.