Click Here!

Harry Potter Category Missing?

Guest Anda_Faith

Guest Anda_Faith

Hello!

I wanted to post a new fic to the Harry Potter category and when I drop down the Category menu, Harry Potter doesn't show up at all. It doesn't show up in the "G through L" or "S through Z" categories either, even though I'm pretty sure it had its own separate category the last time I posted a fic. I hope this is enough information to help you fix the issue! I'm not sure how to better explain, since it's quite simple. I tried to get a screenshot of it, but the category drop down menu disappears on me every time I go to take one.

However, this bug might also be the reason why my fics aren't showing up in the "Editing" screen either (where you can go to edit and add a chapter to a fic - it's as if they're not even there, even though they're posted on the site). It's very strange.

Thanks for the help!

- Anda

Hi, Anda,

I'm seeing the Harry Potter subdomain, alive and well, in both the Archive Index and in the Control Panel, right between Games and InuYasha where it usually resides.

If possible, can you give us a screen shot of what you're seeing? That might help us pinpoint the issue.

Thanks! :)

Guest Anda_Faith

Attached is an image of what I'm seeing - it was a bit tricky to capture the drop-down menu, but I got it. As you can see, there isn't any HP category to submit to and I don't see it under any of the categories present either. Also, here is a link to the image for convenience: http://s163.photobucket.com/user/Andafaith/media/AFF_HP_Missing.jpg.html

Guest Anda_Faith

From the sound of it, you're looking in one of the multi fandom subdomains, such as books, comics, and anime. To edit your hp stories, you need to click the edit link BELOW the hp header on the left of your user cp.

Oh! That's the issue! It's been a while since I've posted a new fic, so I was looking in the wrong spot. I'm sorry! Thank you so much for the help. I've definitely got it now. :)

Harry Potter has it's own subdomain, and is not listed under Books. Scroll down the left side of your Control Panel, and right after the Games subdomain, you'll see Harry Potter:

Subdomain_HP.jpg

Within that subdomain are the various subcategories:

Subcategories_HP.jpg

I hope this clears it up.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.