Click Here!

Magusfang's Corner

magusfang

Oh no here we go again. The master is at the helm. Now the new twist is Rick's daughter. Who is she. Another hiccup is that Rick joined the Marines yet he is a Seal. When did he change services, because Seals are Navy and he would have gone through the Recon part if the Marines. Do not believe that we ever had Marines in Buds training.

Other than that it is a neat way to lead into book 3. The background of Max's parents.

Keep up the good work. Also glad to see Max and Amy having alone time together.

Will be waiting for more on all your stories. Still think that maybe a tie in between Rick and Nick to get each group to help each other in fighting the bad guys. Maybe the same group that is treating Carol is part if the group that Max and gang us fighting.

I saw inconsistencies in the back story as well so I just assumed Leia was either a step-daughter or adopted at a young age in order to help Rick's cover. At first, this whole Rick-David storyline seemed forced but made more sense the more I read and I'm hoping you dig a little deeper into it.

I still wish you'd insert separation lines between the paragraphs that contain flashbacks so I know where the heck I am. I'm constantly thinking, "Wait, what?....oh". :huh:

Count me among those who are glad to see Amy back in the picture with Max. Much too long away! Once again though, all this chapter did was leave me wanting more. It seemed to end much too quickly.

Another thing puzzling me....if David was worried about his family's safety, why would he take Cyndi with him to get those "important" papers from the university. For such a smart guy, could he really have been THAT clueless?

I saw inconsistencies in the back story as well so I just assumed Leia was either a step-daughter or adopted at a young age in order to help Rick's cover. At first, this whole Rick-David storyline seemed forced but made more sense the more I read and I'm hoping you dig a little deeper into it.

I still wish you'd insert separation lines between the paragraphs that contain flashbacks so I know where the heck I am. I'm constantly thinking, "Wait, what?....oh". :huh:

Count me among those who are glad to see Amy back in the picture with Max. Much too long away! Once again though, all this chapter did was leave me wanting more. It seemed to end much too quickly.

Or Rick lied and did have a family but he had to keep her safe knowing his job risks.

Regarding the flashback,he can also use italic font

Or Rick lied and did have a family but he had to keep her safe knowing his job risks.

Regarding the flashback,he can also use italic font

If they tried to kill Rick, it stands to reason they would go after any family he had. I suppose he could have kept them a secret from the "Company" but that would have been almost impossible. I'm thinking he was telling the truth and Leia didn't come along until later or....perhaps....Leia is really Cyndi. Nah... :tongue2:

If they tried to kill Rick, it stands to reason they would go after any family he had. I suppose he could have kept them a secret from the "Company" but that would have been almost impossible. I'm thinking he was telling the truth and Leia didn't come along until later or....perhaps....Leia is really Cyndi. Nah... :tongue2:

What is funny is I don't think it was ever mentioned who was older Max or Cyndi. By Magus math it looks like Max is the older brother because he was 12 when June told Marge that her husband died 7 years ago. In the last chapterof GITG it was mention that they were two and five.

I can't wait to see what Magus comes up with where Leia came from

Gee Gem, didn't your parents have that talk with you yet? Leia cannot be Cyndi as it would have been noticed that she resembled Alice. She could be a step-daughter, as I said, who didn't know her real Father and so Rick is her Dad to her. Actually Max was in his Thirteenth year when he met the girls, as his thirteen birthday was only a little while off. It doesn't matter which country's Spec Ops you are in, they are all the same when it comes to family connections. We know Leia was her mother's daughter as Rick said that he loved her mother, though he loves Suzzy even more. I could see him marrying the waitress, or a similar woman he met under his new identity, who had a child as that would throw off his bosses until he dispatched them. Once removed being an organisation off the books and no knownly kept intel about what they were up to explains why they didn't come after Max & June. Of course Rick might have missed some one who later teamed up with Mr. White and that would explain how they know so much. Only fangface knows for sure or will at least when he starts writing about it.

That is my feelings also. She can't be Max's sister because he would have also noticed the similarities between her and him and also Alice. Also how would she not remember her brother. Oh yeah that is right she had a concussion from the accident. She did not died only her father did and she was disfigured in the accident that plastic surgery had to be done to her face and body. That could explain it but I do not think so but only Magus knows and he will let us peons known in his good time.

That is my feelings also. She can't be Max's sister because he would have also noticed the similarities between her and him and also Alice. Also how would she not remember her brother. Oh yeah that is right she had a concussion from the accident. She did not died only her father did and she was disfigured in the accident that plastic surgery had to be done to her face and body. That could explain it but I do not think so but only Magus knows and he will let us peons known in his good time.

This is magus were on about, this could be some massive convoluted plot that leads us in a full cirlce of speculations then bam! He still shocks us with the outcome.

No, I saved the Leia explanation for back story, Rick is going to have a prominate place in book three, kinda like the twins do now, probably even more...nothing too twisty, but I feel Rick needs more of a past

No, I saved the Leia explanation for back story, Rick is going to have a prominate place in book three, kinda like the twins do now, probably even more...nothing too twisty, but I feel Rick needs more of a past

That is a good lead in into book number 3. Maybe it will also be explained how he joined the Marines but became a Navy Seal. The only way to do that is to get out of the Marines and exlist in the Navy. Seals are Navy personnel only. Also maybe Rick and Nick met up in the past and this way Rick can recontact Nick to help Max and him with the Slavers/abusers. Only a hint. But I like the way that you throw items oout there for us to discuss and then either you use them or coimpletely blow us away by coming out of left field with a angle we never would have thought of.

That is way you are the great writer and we just wait to see what other bait you dangle in front of us with the next chapters.

Keep up the great work. See you. Alsao have fun with the newbies in your classes. Do not huirt them to much.

Hope book 3 is a long way off - enjoying GITG too much.

That is a good lead in into book number 3. Maybe it will also be explained how he joined the Marines but became a Navy Seal. The only way to do that is to get out of the Marines and exlist in the Navy. Seals are Navy personnel only. Also maybe Rick and Nick met up in the past and this way Rick can recontact Nick to help Max and him with the Slavers/abusers. Only a hint. But I like the way that you throw items oout there for us to discuss and then either you use them or coimpletely blow us away by coming out of left field with a angle we never would have thought of.

That is way you are the great writer and we just wait to see what other bait you dangle in front of us with the next chapters.

Keep up the great work. See you. Alsao have fun with the newbies in your classes. Do not huirt them to much.

"Let there be no doubt in your military mind" he will come at us so far out of the field that there isn't a name for it. I guess that is one of the reasons so many of us follow him like a shadow on a bright day.

He has already made a statement with his foot. If they are smart it will be lesson learned WITHOUT the pain.

B

Edited by Rescue25

But we do not make it look like we had anything to do with the newbies getting their little bodies or feeling hurt. It was like they fell down ten or more times. Also remember the one did call him an old man. That is enough to try to teach them manners.

But enough of me having flash back or is that flash bang memories.

Oh great one I am waiting for you to lay some more wisdom on this scarred up old warrior.

But we do not make it look like we had anything to do with the newbies getting their little bodies or feeling hurt. It was like they fell down ten or more times. Also remember the one did call him an old man. That is enough to try to teach them manners. But enough of me having flash back or is that flash bang memories. Oh great one I am waiting for you to lay some more wisdom on this scarred up old warrior.

Yeah - back in the day. These folks are paying him to do whatever to them. Pay attention or tell us where to deliver your body.

:gossip:

B

How about May not remember Rick's face when she saw him at the school the first time through Alice's eyes. Knowing that is the last face she saw before she found out David and Cyndi was killed. I know people lose certain memories when hit with bad news. Hopefully magus brings that up in one of the chapters.

When Rick starts telling his background, I'll bring it up, but you have to remember he was dirty, probably bloody from a fire fight, and she only saw him for a minute when sh was terrified out of her mind...

If I remember, Cindy was mentioned in the first book that she was older than Max, she was already established in her own room, complete with "girly" furnishings, and a picture of her with David. Judging by the acceleration that the biomatrix did, Max and Cindy would probably appear about the same age by now, if Max not appearing older.

Welcome back to the land of the Internet Magus, I do hope you enjoyed the time with your little Koala bears, as well as the rest of the family.

I do love how you managed to kind of bring Rick to the front more, and who knows, maybe we'll find out that the Commisioner, Seargent and Rick were all on the same SEAL team, and still work somewhat closely helping with the net of protection that Max has pretty much destroyed since then. Can't wait for the next chapters and see where this book all goes... Makes me wonder who all they'll find hidden away on that little island.

Was wondering if any of you guys have read my story "sister sister" before? (not trying to advertise it, I just like getting feedback and so far magus and jashley are the only ones ive got any from)

http://original.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600107123

Edited by that-one-guy

Another thing puzzling me....if David was worried about his family's safety, why would he take Cyndi with him to get those "important" papers from the university. For such a smart guy, could he really have been THAT clueless?

Easy I have twins, a daughter and a son. My daughter is always was attach to my hip where every I go and my son to my wife when they were young. Cyndi didn't want her dad to leave without her. Just like Jazz and Tali not wanting Max to leave without them.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.