Click Here!

Changing category

Guest the4w5neko

Guest the4w5neko

I wrote a fic and put it in the yaoi section, which I regret because it isn't about gay sex. It's about child molestation, I think that it should be in the general section instead. How do I change it?

You can easily move your story around in the subdomain yourself; The steps are outlined in this FAQ:

http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/5381-how-to-move-your-stories-around-within-a-zonesubdomain/

Guest the4w5neko

I tried this and couldn't change it from 'yaoi' to 'general'. This is important to me because to me child molestation isn't about gender, so it isn't really yaoi.

Okay, let's see if I can make this any simpler to do.

Open your Control Panel in your archive profile.

On the left side, go to the subdomain where your story is published.

Press "Edit"

You will go to a page with two dropdowns. In the first, select the title of the story to be moved. In the second, select "Edit Details" and click the "Edit button.

You will go to a page with fields, like the top of the page when you first published the story.

Go to Category.

Choose the first category, which is usually the fandom. Then you can change the next category to General from Male/Male.

Click the "Edit Story" button to save the changes.

Okay, this is the story, yes?

When you go to edit the details, in the first field, select " --Choose Category--- " This will blank it out so that the second field disappears until you re-select your category, in your case, Rurouni Kenshin. Then you can select the new sub-category.

I will point out that you will need to add a M/M tag based on the content in that first chapter. It may not be yaoi, but there is male on male sexual content, in specific, the blow job the child is forced to perform. So, while you are editing the details, use your arrow keys to move down the Summary field and add in M/M as a tag.

Thanks!

Guest the4w5neko

I'm sorry to continue bugging you, but there is absolutely no option to change it from yaoi to general. I've tried it again and again.

I also see no place to edit the tags.

Trying this again.

When editing story PROPERTIES -

Deselect the top level category (Rurouni Kenshin). Change it to misc, or anything else. Then, go back and reselect

Rurouni Kenshin and for subcategory

General

You HAVE to deselect the top level or this will not work at all.

Okay, let's try one more time, with illustrations. I've used one of my stories for the purposes of making images. Please use your own subdomain info.

Go to your Control Panel and select EDIT in the subdomain.

ChangeCat1.jpg

You get taken to a new screen, where you can choose you story and what you want to do:

ChangeCat2.jpg

Pick the title of your story, and then select EDIT DETAILS:

ChangeCat3.jpg

You are taken to the next page:

ChangeCat4.jpg

Click the dropdown arrow on the first field. See the highlighted choice? --Choose Category-- CHOOSE THAT:

ChangeCat5.jpg

Once you choose that, the second choice disappears:

ChangeCat6~0.jpg

Now, go back to the first category and re-select your fandom category - for you, Rurouni Kenshin. Then you can select a NEW second level category:

ChangeCat7.jpg

To add tags, go to the field marked SUMMARY. Use the arrow keys to move along that line, until you get to the end. Then type in the additional tags that you need. You can't do a dropdown after the initial posting, so you have to type them yourself.

ChangeCat8.jpg

I hope this is a little clearer now.

Edited by BronxWench

Read the last part of the post above. You need to go to the summary line, where I have the red arrow, and use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move to the end of that field. Then you have to type M/M by hand, and click the edit button to save the change.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.