Click Here!

Trying to post a new story but am getting error message

Guest OpenPage

Guest OpenPage

post-0-0-57050700-1378561586_thumb.jpg

Hi,

I am new to adultfanfiction.org and am trying to post the first chapter of my first story.

When I get to the page which ask me to enter the story name etc.it is saying on the bottom left of my screen "Done, but with errors on page" and the error message is

'ie' is undefined

userpanel.php

Code: 0

URI: http://tv.adult-fanfiction.org/userpanel.php?add

but I can enter the title, summary etc. okay.

I then choose to format my text in the Text Area option. I enter the security words and press next.

A page loads and there are all the correct tabs on the top of the page but I still have an error at the bottom of my screen which says "Error on page" and the error message is

'ie' is undefinded

userpanel.php

scripterror

ckeditor.js

Code: 0

URI: http://tv.adult-fanfiction.org/checkeditor/checkeditor.js

There are two blank columns, the second one says First Chapter but there is nowhere to copy or type in any text.

I have attached a screen dump for you.

Please help!

I don't know that I'll be able to go backwards compatible to IE 8 or not. Theoretically, with the settings I have for loading the editor, you SHOULD be able to. However, testing in different modes for myself, it only looks to be working correctly in IE 9 or higher, standard docs mode. As I'm running Win 7, the OS itself won't actually let me install a lesser version of the browser so I can test further.

Your best bet at this point is to use any other browser than Internet Explorer. The editor works in all the rest without any problems.

Unfortunately, the problem is for versions older than IE 9. IE 9 uses hardware acceleration features which are NOT supported by XP at all. I'm going to dig a bit more, and see if I can't find a way to overcome this incompatibility issue with the browser and the rte. So far, I've not been successful. Mind you, I don't encounter these issues with ANY other browser. Only IE.

What's really bad about all this, is when looking at Microsoft's help sites and communities, users are told to upgrade their OS so they can use a "modern browser". Mind you, all the OTHER "modern browsers" work just FINE on XP.

Developers, on the other hand, are told to pretty much break their sites for all the other browsers, so it's compatible to IE. Not happening.....

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.