Click Here!

The People Above And Below You

Shaduan

^ I'm not afraid to ask, just afraid to listen to the answer.

<Redsilver was WRONG about why I don't like HP.

<Amy's muses just left my place after eating all the food and leaving a huge mess.

V Amy's muses will be visiting V next.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^

Prediction makes fools of us all.
- Anon.

< Wouldn't mind having something NC)17 rated on late-night TV

< Oh, and Red, YOU ARE WRONG about why I hate HP. All right, I'll explain it here.

Back in ye ancient times when I was a kid, my parents couldn't afford child care. So after school I would go to a public library and read books until my parents came to pick me up. I read a lot of classics and even more obscure books in children's lit. I'm guessing J.K. Rowling did the same. When I got my hands on the first HP book, I read about 2/3rds of it. I just couldn't help but say "you ripped this part off from this author who did the same thing back in the 1970's or 1980's" so many times it made me sick.

Example: Coach Muggle was a very clueless character from a book called The First Ever Intergalatic Olympics. Pratically every plot element in that first book was stolen from some kids story that came before.

V Wants to tar and feather me for ruining his/her fandom.

Guest echtrae

^ actually understands a surprising amount

< is impressed with ^

< has always known that there was so much within the HP series that is direct or slightly altered lifts from other stories it was ridiculous

v is surprised by this revelation