Click Here!

Adding Images using the RTE

Raymy

I tried to add an image to a post in "Personal Rants & Journals", topic ReCaptcha Adventures. It's copied to my desktop so I attached it, if that helps.

It came out like this and then I edited the comment in parenthesis after posting:

webkit-fake-url://DF7DB77C-D688-4552-81C8-8F3CE8C577CB/image.tiff(image didn't display! I captured a screen shot and then copied and pasted it. It shows in the editor but not after I post. How do I get an image that I copy to show?)

BronxWench tried to help but I still don't understand, because the url needs to reference something it can access, so I think either it's the way I got the screenshot or the copying that's the problem.

She said:

"To display an image, you copy and paste the url into the field that pops up when you click on the little picture frame icon in the RTE toolbar."

I think I need more info. If I have to have a URL, then can I still use a file from my home computer? I'm a MAC, and I used the program "Grab" to get the screenshot. Do I need to use a different program? Is there a FAQ or manual for how to use this RTE. I'm usually computer literate, but I don't have much posting finesse, just using text and smilies.

Even if you know of an offsite FAQ about this editor, somewhere I can learn without trial and error, I'd appreciate it. I'm the kind of woman who likes to reference manuals.

Raymy

recaptcha 1.tiff

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.