Click Here!

.. W-Why did you have to go and ruin the series?!

Lore

Perhaps I'm just too picky, but every now and then.. I'll run into a really, really great anime and BAM! Out of no where, a character from the series to do something that really screws up the whole show for me.

A good case is Gurren Lagann. I enjoyed the constant bickering between Kamina and Yoko, but no where in there did I see affection aside from ' Oh snap! He's pretty cool in a retarded way!'. I was totally expecting the series to be lots of smashing, mechas and shark teeth. But noooo. Romance gets thrown in there from the left field and pegs me right in the side of the goddamn head.

8D So. What about you guys? Ever had a character ruin an anime for you?

Oh ya I remember one. Magic Knights RayEarth Sesion 2, *Spoller Alert! If your never seen MNR S1 and S2 and don't like spoller don't read any further* When they killed off Presea, to only bring her back through a twin sister. That just don't work people. If they die, there died preoid. :P Don't bring them back, by look alikes! If they some how serive, thats fine, I can work with it, but don't just bring in anther chearter to fill in there place, with the same personlety and looks. It don't work! :P When Clamp did that in MKR S2, I couldn't handle it. I haven't liked it since, and will only watch S1. I refues to deal with Presea's twin, who exsatly like her....*grrrr* :P

^_^ Ok that my rate on the subject. LOL I hope I didn't affented anyone. :P^_^:kiss:

From the recent series Minami-ke, the addition of the 'Minami brothers' ruins the show a bit by taking away valuable screen time from the main cast, the three Minami sisters Haruka, Kana, and Chiaki. Less useless boys plz. I don't see how they contribute to the series.

Anyone here watch Minami-ke too, btw?

I watched it, loved it, and yes, the Minami brothers were overall pretty pointless. Disappointing, because the other male characters are what make the show so great: it would be pretty flat without Mako-chan's sexual identity struggles, Fujioka's interactions with Kana, and Hosaka's insanity.

• 3 months later...

those asswipe hollow following ichogo and the others around in Bleach

the weak 8 year old replacements for L in Death Note

the pink haired boy from One Piece. Stopped watching after a couple of eps because I couldn't stand him. Which is sad, because I was really starting to like the redheaded chick.

• 2 weeks later...
the weak 8 year old replacements for L in Death Note

the pink haired boy from One Piece. Stopped watching after a couple of eps because I couldn't stand him. Which is sad, because I was really starting to like the redheaded chick.

Damn, the same thing happened to me (I kind of saw myself reflected in L, because we both lived on sweets and cofee), so I just couldn't deal with that tiny, white-haired toy-loving boy-genius.

And One piece, that pink haired bastard IS pretty annoying, I'll give you that, but don't give up on the series! After his first appearances, he goes off-screen for like 80 episodes :D . And you're right, Nami, that redhead navigator is so HOT!

• 5 months later...

I don't know I liked Kamina-sama and Gurren Lagann mainly because it reminds me so much of FLCL, also by Gainax but I know what you mean. I just have a problem with characters in certain anime/manga where certain characters are not real but instead plot devices. As long as a character is believable I don't care how stupid or flawed they are as long as you can see the humanity in them if only mildly. It has just become a certain trend to tack on main characters just to move the plot along, which is understandable in fillers, but not in the main storyline. I mean let's be honest when was the last time Orihime or Nico Robin actually did well anything. They don't have any worthwhile lines and only appear when they need to be kidnapped or they have some random special skill that helps move the story from point A to B.

Which is kinda why I love FLCL and Gurren Lagann because they have a small list of main characters that don't get lost in the shuffle, and even the lesser characters are interesting to a point. It's not just:

Ichigo/Luffy: I'm bored, there is nothing to do...

Kisuke/Zoro: Well Orihime/Robin/Nami/Rukia is missing, let's rescue her.

Ichigo/Luffy: Again? Okay...I guess we can do that.

I think that might actually describe at least 3 arcs in each anime. You can only pull the damsel in distress a few times before even The White Knight gets bored and says fuck it.

• 2 years later...
Guest Nevaeh Bluden

remember final fantasy unlimited? knave killed it for me. hated him. wasn't too fond of the wolf chick either. come to think of it... throwing Moogle in there just made no sense.

but that's okay. mikenshi makes up for they're suck. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.