Click Here!

Looking for "So, the Rain is Falling", a m/m original story

Guest LisaT2525

Guest LisaT2525

Does anyone know what happend to the story, "So, the Rain is Falling", by Erasmuss?

I checked under the search icon for the story title and the author and nothing came up.

Thanks.

Under age? Demon, he told me he was eighteen and that was two years ago when he first started his story. He's in college in Australia now. He never showed you proof of his age?

Truthfully I was amazed he was only eighteen at the time of his first posting. I don't know if you know about this particular story, but his writing is so beautiful, so thought-out, so mature, I was shocked when he admitted he was only eighteen. He wove this beautiful, intricate and complex story with WWII as its backdrop.

What happens if he shows you proof of his age? Will he be allowed back?

The problem was this user's age at the time of account creation. He couldn't wait until he was 18 to create an account and post. Yes, he is no longer under age, but I gotta say, you have to be blind not to see the age policy which is plastered all over the site. Users who login underage know full well we look for them, and no matter how long it may take, when they're found, they're deleted. It's unfortunate when they're talented young writers as well, but you know, WAITING until you're old enough to use an 18 or older site means you don't get deleted when caught.

Yes, I remember the same thing happened to JennMarie. It's too bad they can't wait because their stories are so good, (well, Erasmuss's is on a completely different level than Jenn's), and now we the readers, miss out on their wonderful creativity.

Thanks for letting me know Demon and pittwitch.

I have found that age often has no relation to the quality of writing. Unfortunately, this site cannot allow minors, or their content. I sorely and truly wish they would respect that their actions jeopardize the site for all of us and simply follow the few simple rules we do have. Good luck and happy reading, Lisa!

Thank you pittwitch. It's just upsetting to me because we've been corresponding by email for over a year now and he talks about school (college, lol) and work and his b/f and I feel like he's my fourth son. He's actually my oldest son's age and he's such a nice kid.

Yes, I agree that age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with the quality of the author's writing. I guess I was just so impressed by his writing because I know my son of the same age could NEVER write something like that. lol

And then on the flipside, there are "authors" and I use that term loosely when it relates to these people: they don't care what kind of crap they put out there. Some stories I try to get through because the storyline itself is good, but this "No Child Left Behind" law that's in effect: they're letting kids graduate nowadays who no nothing about the English language. (I'm talking about U.S. kids)

But, I'm getting off topic, sorry.

Have a great Sunday and Labor Day! =)

Good Grief! Another of my Favorite authors thrown away...this is getting annoying. It explains why no one I follow is updating!

I suppose I need to find a new site because the quality here has gone straight to hell and there is little of interest coming out to keep me coming back. Yes, I know all about the RULES but My God! You people are acting like Nazi's.

Once again, guest who won't identify yourself, do you honestly expect the real people behind the site to have to face LEGAL REPERCUSSIONS because we don't actively pursue and delete underage accounts which DO NOT belong on and 18 and over site?

From a legal standpoint, we have no choice. Quite frankly, and I really don't care if you like this or not, the site's owner is under no obligation whatsoever to risk fines, jail time and a possible lifetime membership in the sex offenders database to provide you with entertainment.

This site has rules, yes, and we enforce them. Welcome to being an adult.

GUEST... shut the fuck up! I swear, I've started to suspect that you are an author that has been removed from the site and are so petty that you just can't act your age.... You're getting really annoying.

This site is clearly marked as being for 18 years and older, not for little kids who think they are entitled to risk the people behind the site. So, either shut up and get lost, or stop hiding behind anonymity, and come out and show us how grown up you are.

WillowDarkling: You are a rude, foul-mouthed witch. I normally do not make comments on the forum because of nasty people like yourself. You have proven my point that this negative vindictiveness has become canon for those in charge... I certainly hope you do not officially represent this site because if you do, you have proven yourself an horrendous role model.

I made sure to sign in this time just so I could refute all your immature remarks.

Scrobette, shut up and go here: http://www.fictionpress.com/u/569912/erasmuss her story is posted there...now do us all a favor and drop it! that site doesnt care if they are underage, BUT WE DO! If someone were to sue the owner, not only would she go down, but the rest of us would to! So get off your high horse and go to that link!

*applauds* finally we have a name, although no face to go with the little troll.

Seriously, if you dislike the fact that our staff work their asses off to keep this site up and running for us, for absolutely free and for no salaries at all, then what the hell are you doing here?

And you should get your facts straight. I am not a staff member. I am just someone who follows the rules and post my stories here, because this place is open for material that other sites do not allow. And I can't stand it when people hide behind anonymity to curse out the staff who are only doing their jobs. They get enough shit as is, there is no need for people to make a scene in public. And seriously, you call my remarks immature?! You call the staff Nazis!! How fucking immature can you get?

And keeping the Minors off this site is not negative vindictiveness, it is a necessity. If this site were found to allow minors on here, there could be serious legal consequences for the people who stand behind the site. Not to mention that the site would be taken down, and then you'd lose ALL of your "favorite" authors! Which is obviously what you think is just a-okay!

Your energy should be better spent being annoyed at the author who couldn't follow one vital rule. Wait until you're 18 years old. That's it! No matter how well you write, or how many stories you have, just WAIT until you're 18!

So, I just ask again, Scrobette, what the hell are you doing here if you hate this site so much?

And we are once again straying from what has everyone so bent out of shape. There are people who like to think that I am obligated to leave content up, regardless. I'm not. When it comes to MINORS, I am OBLIGATED to delete them AND their content. Whether or not the young user is talented is irrelevant. What matters is how old that young user was when he or she created the account and started adding to an 18 years old and older archive. THAT is the issue. Yes, I will continue to delete them.

This topic is closed