Click Here!

Dream Vacation

DarkCabaret

Okay I don't know why I was thinking of this...

My dream vacation would be to visit Chillingham Palace! It's said to be haunted and is beautiful! I'm thinking if I ever had the money I would steal a couple of my friends and make them go with me!

So....what are ya'll's dream vacations?

Guest orleans

A haunted Palace? How scary! It sounds really interesting!

My dream vacation will hopefully come true next year in July. I have already started to save my money for it. I plan to go to Finland for about ten days, visiting several cities, and the famous Tammerfest in Tampere too...it's a big music festival. I hope I will survive it laugh.gif

I pray that I can pull it through smile.gif

Another dream vacation would be flying to Canada, but I guess it will remain a dream.....

Hugs,

orleans

I have been to Canada, Winnipeg actaully, to visit my web designer and best friend and depends on the airliner it can cost around $450 - $510 both ways.

I have been to Holland.

But my dream is to go to Europe and see England, Scotland and Germany as my family came from those three countries.

Beth

Lessee...

I used to live in NYC. Then I lived in both Kolkata and Dhaka for three years. I live in Toronto now.

I've been to London, Cox's Bazaar, Singapore, Malaysia, Agra, Mumbai, New Delhi, Los Angeles, Chicago, Orlando, Miami, Ottawa, Montréal, and Québec City. Apparently, I've also visited Paris, Seville, Barcelona, Madrid, Rome, Tuscany, Seattle, Salt Lake City, Washington D.C., Vancouver, Victoria, and Calgary, but I was too young to actually remember it (DAMN!).

One of my dream vacations would be to redo the tour of Europe after I finish my undergraduate studies and put my language skills to the test while soaking in the culture.

I already live out my other dream vacation: I often go back to NYC during major holidays just to hang out with my old friends and family (half of my relatives live there). Most people say "New York City" and conjure this image of a huge city and the nightlife. I indulge in that, but "New York City" also means small towns and close communities for me. It's the best of both worlds.

My high school had a Japanese exchange program. We could take either French or Japanese. I chose French.

I still went to all of the cultural events. The thing I like about the Japanese language is that the enunciation is so clear. Don't have a clue about the vocabulary, but I've heard that the grammar can be complex.

I haven't been everywhere! I've been to a lot of places, but I can't even remember half of them. My parents were jet-setters until I finally started kindergarten.

Well, it explains why I can handle 30-hour flights with ease. Where's the "shrug" emoticon?

Why ITALY of course! (preferably southern Italy...Naples, Campania, Sicily, etc)

But any place in Italy would be great, perferably off the beaten path (IE: not the touristy spots but mixing with the natives and locals!)

(If you ever read any of my stories, you'd understand my allure to Italy and the Italian culture).

in fact we are HOPING, (the husband and I) to spend our 23rd wedding anniversary there this year near Venice, as well as visiting Florence where I have a dear friend who will host us for a few days. It would truly be a dream come true and I hope we can pull it off.

Be warned, this is the longest post ever.

If I won the lottery tomorrow, here would be my dream vacation:

First I would start off by visiting every place I have not yet been to in my Haunted California book. I would take many pictures and eat at many interesting places.

Then I would go to Disneyland and all the theme parks around there. And go to Hollywood. I've only been to Hollywood passing through, I believe.

Then I would go to Hawaii for two weeks to a month. I would body board half the time and the other half I would be hiking, site seeing and going to luaus. I'd visit every island, especially Maui because I remember loving it as a child.

It goes without saying that wherever I go I would be staying at and visiting haunted places and eating a lot of good food and visiting gyms and going to spas. I would also buy a lot of awesome and geographically unique stuff and send it home. Because if I really did win the lottery there would be a maid at home to take care of it. Also all my friends and family that could make it would be with me for most of the trip. And there would be pictures too, lots of pictures. And video.

After Hawaii I would visit the Oregon Vortex because I always wanted to go there. I'd rent a car or camper and probably drive so I could see beautiful scenic Oregon.

I would do a lot of camping at the parks in that area. Lot of camping.

Then I would go to New Mexico and see Santa Fe and visit a lot of family and historical sites.

Then I would visit the east coast and go to Colonial Williamsburg and buy everything there. I went there as a teenager and I loved all the re-created antiques there.

I would probably make it a point to see all the museums in D.C. and visit all the civil war battlegrounds in that area.

Then I would go to New Orleans, even though I wish that I could have seen it before the flood. I actually had the chance to go for my 21st, but I chose Vegas instead, thinking 'Hey, it's not like New Orleans is going to disappear, right?' Wrong.

I would of course, then go to Disney World for and entire month, also visiting every theme park in the area.

After that I would spend some time in the Virgin Islands just chillin'. I would order a lot of language learning CDs and then sit on the beach learning Spanish, French, Italian, German, Polish, two different dialects of Chinese and then Japanese. Then I would hop on a first class cruise ship to Europe.

I would go to England and Ireland and Scotland and Wales. I'd then visit France and Germany and Italy and Spain, hitting every major city there and hitting the club scene. I'd only visit Poland if one or more of my Polish friends went with me, although I would still learn the language so I could speak it to everyone when I got back.

I would then go to Thailand and Indonesia because I have always wanted to go to those places. I would then hit China and go to any place that caught my interest. I'd spend like a month in Hong Kong.

I would then go to Japan and immediately go play pachinko. I would buy a lot of manga, anime and Asian television series on dvd. I would spend a month in Tokyo.

Then I would go see Australia and New Zealand. I would meet a lot of hot Australian guys with accents and bask in the shivers their sexy voices would give me.

I would then go to Egypt and see that large museum that I saw on the travel channel that they said would take several months to see everything in.

After that I would get on a plane to Canada and see Montreal, Vancouver, and Prince Edward Island. I'm a big L. M. Montgomery fan.

After that I would go home, having a sense of accomplishment that I took the absolutely coolest vacation ever.

There's probably a ton of stuff I want to do that I left out, but if I got everything that would take even more forever and you would probably stop reading it if you haven't already.

And there, my friends, is my dream vacation.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.