Click Here!

How to Enable Anonymous Reviews

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Halibel

Hi my name is Halibel im new here and i have an question for anyone out there. How do I

Update or should i say upload my pic on avatar? Im sorry if its a question that seems self explanatory but im new to this. I do see the avatar section but i dont understand what im suppose to put in the box? Am i copying and pasting a pic on there? Or is it the web link its view on? Plz help me. Thanks. Halibel

• 10 months later...

It is a great idea to have anonymous review because it lets people who don't plan on joining the archive as members give feedback. :yahoo:

Thanks so much for the update on the stats for this review feature. Will we writers still have the same ability to keep or delete reviews from Anonymous sources? I only ask because I had a nut-job who was fixated on putting up tons of off topic reviews for my series of fan fic novels at FFnet.

For some reason I was one of 20 authors this particular weirdo thought would be a good showcase for Kill all Evil White People comments when there were no white people anywhere in my stories. :( Anyway, thanks in advance for your response.

@Kurahieiritr,

First, you can delete any review on your story - whether logged-in or not :D

Second, if you ever get reviews like that, notify a staff member, please. That way we can document. I assure you, as soon as we've documented, we'll let you know so you can delete if DG doesn't delete it herself. We Hall of Shame aresholes.

Edited by RogueMudblood

Second, if you ever get reviews like that, notify a staff member, please. That way we can document. I assure you, as soon as we've documented, we'll let you know so you can delete if DG doesn't delete it herself. We Hall of Shame aresholes.

ROFL. I find the Hall of Shame one of the best reasons to move here from FFnet where I had the aforementioned problem. At FFnet a signed in Review can never be deleted, only anonymous review can be removed. The Mod squad at FFnet didn't do jack because a minor caused the stink. I deleted all three completed Initial D novels I had posted over 2 years. To be blunt, I'm fed up with children getting by with plaguing me through fanpoodle or outright nonsense such as the unacceptable hatemonger lines.

I would rather get zero reviews and have peace of mind about who is reading my angst heavy stories.

I placed a single chapter up at FFnet for each novel removed after adding a very hardcore warning that I have zero tolerance of hatemonger reviews that are off topic. :) ROFL. I also added the information that chapters 2 to the end of each story are getting moved to this site for my hardcore fans. I have been very focused on getting everything revised (minus dyslexic moments I am hearing about) and permanently housed here at AFFnet.

• 8 months later...

Hey, I hate to be a bother but this was the first thread I found that talked about Anonymous reviews. I just made an account on here and on AFF today. But I have been an anonymous reviewer off and on for a few years, just too shy to make an account. Anyway, I was just wondering if someone could let me know if enabling anonymous reviews was still possible and if so how? I searched all the FAQ forums, and did a search of the whole forum for an answer but it wasn't too helpful. I didn't want to bother anyone if I could find it myself, but I wasn't able to do so. Thanks for the time! :) Ellis

Hey, I hate to be a bother but this was the first thread I found that talked about Anonymous reviews. I just made an account on here and on AFF today. But I have been an anonymous reviewer off and on for a few years, just too shy to make an account. Anyway, I was just wondering if someone could let me know if enabling anonymous reviews was still possible and if so how? I searched all the FAQ forums, and did a search of the whole forum for an answer but it wasn't too helpful. I didn't want to bother anyone if I could find it myself, but I wasn't able to do so. Thanks for the time! :) Ellis

At the moment, while we're working on the code rewrite, all new registrations by default permit anonymous reviews. So, for now, they're turned on for the archive account.

Once the rewrite is done, that option to enable to disable anonymous reviews should be back as an option for all our members. :)

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.