Click Here!

author pannel options missing?

i was going to add another chapter to a story im working on.

i clicked on the "members tools" and from there to the "author panel" like i have in the past.

the box on the right hand side that would have had all the options is empty, i even checked to see if they were just invisable but they are out right gone.

i refreshed the page, reloaded the site and still no change.

i am using the current version of IE as i have had little or no problmes with it.

here is an image of what i see

post-18497-0-65163100-1338269985_thumb.jpg

That is exactly how my author's panel looks like! By clicking the user name (right beside the 'Welcome,'), I can get around it and I don't mind going around it and taking the extra steps. But I just thought I'd say that it's not just SGS who has this problem.

Sir, we're rolling the code out in stages to prevent issues. That means that some features will be implemented later than others. Be patient with us while we get this all done, and the end results will be well worth it.

Check your Spam or Junk folders. There will be an email from anonymous@affnet.nexcess.net, which will have a link in it. You need to click that link and follow the directions to finish validating.

It's a one time pain to re-validate, and it's infinitely better than the alternative, which was to have the old, patched-together mess of databases crash altogether and lose everything. Believe me, holding this place together was nothing short of a miracle on DG's part.

I just opened an account but when I go to Member tools the Author Panel isn't there. I have the new version. My account was validated as i got the link and I clicked on it. What the heck is going on????

Kat, when you click this link: http://members.adult...ion.net/ucp.php

do you see "Welcome Back Kat"? (If not, you will need to login to your account.)

The options panel is on the left. The center is your site announcements and news.

At the top of the left panel, you will see "Edit Profile". Everything under that header has to do with your profile itself. If you wish to change the way your profile reads, you click the "Bio" link. That will take you to a text box which will have your current profile; you can paste/type what you'd like in that box and click the "edit bio" button.

I assume that's what you're talking about. If not, please advise specifically as to what you are trying to do.

Thanks!

Edited by RogueMudblood

In the new code, the Author Panel has been replaced by the Control Panel. If you click that clickable, you are taken to an expanded version of the home page which allows you to edit your profile, recommendations, and add or access your stories by subdomain.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.