Click Here!

What does this all mean?

Guest Agaib

Alright so I've gathered that Dark Avenger and several other important admins have left the site and the original owner of the site (Jaxy) has returned.

What does this really mean for us in the long term? I don't mean to sound confrontational but I hope Jaxy understands that regaining control of the website doesn't equal regaining control or respect from the community. Please understand that many of the people on this forum might be more inclined to believe a story told by Dark Avenger.

For us on the forums Dark Avenger was the first person to finally clear up the mess that caused this website to crash for what seemed like half a year.

To be honest I'm feeling rather apprehensive. I don't mean this as a personal attack on anyone but all of this seems like trouble.

What is the story about what happened? BOTH stories. I think the community deserves to know.

AND

What now?

Guest echtrae

I wouldn't expect to be hearing from the former main mods around here, because they appear to no longer have accounts.

What now?

That, my friend, I think is the multi-million dollar question. That is the question that is burning in everyone's minds at this point.

I wish I knew.

I am very much with you on this Agaib. I think the community does deserve an explanation, not just a note stating that things are fine and dandy. Things don't work that way, nor should they.

Guest Madapple

As one of the main site assistant mods. I can honestly say that I have no answers either.

This is as much a surprise to me as it is everyone else. The AFF yahoo groups are all down because it seems that they were disabled when the 4 head mods left.

I don't know what's next. I have not heard anything from Jaxxy yet.

One good thing about AFF:

It's never boring.

So far I've read everything posted on this historic event and find myself still in the dark. I hope that more elaboration would happen. AFF is my favorite site by a large margin and I hope that all will be well.

Don't you know "May you live in interesting times" is a curse?  tongue.gif
I happen to know it too well, unfortunately. It happens to be true.

Guest Big Samurai

It is early, and the situation is evolving. I do not encourage speculation until concrete information is available to all of us. For now, sit tight; everybody is curious about this.

One good thing about AFF:

It's never boring.

Ahh yes it is. And this has been what keeps me entertained for years while bein here. *nods*

I suppose for now I'll just sit back and wait to see what happens and see what stories come from this. We have heard from one side, now to hear from the other.

We have heard from one side, now to hear from the other.

The four head mods are no longer a member of the site or the forums, so that will be hard to do.

But Jaxxxy will probably let you know what's going on and that the site will be running smoothly from now on.

Beth

Just to let you all know that the FMA, Beyblade and that catagory that was reported missing early this morn has been returned.

Beth

I don't think that the archives are going to disappear altogether. If there's anything that's apparent, it's that both sides want the site to stay up. I'm going to hold on to that.

The missing categories were a brief scare, and I'm over it already.

If the rest of the site staff knew what was going on, I think they'd let us know. echtrae, Madapple, and Nanaea are also members of our tight-knit group. We know that they love the forums, respect everyone here, and would be honest with us if they knew what was going on. No need to worry about that.

From Adara's post, you already know that we forum mods have no idea what's going on either. If we did, we'd let you know. Then again, the site mods who double as forum mods would have known first and told you first.

There's nothing we can do, really. As far as I know, both the forum and site mods are still investigating everything and there's no concrete answer yet. There's not much the rest of the members can do, and panicking isn't productive.

Do what you can to relax, and know that everyone's doing what they can to remedy the situation. Every staff member is a volunteer. They wouldn't be here if they didn't love the site as much as we do.

This last bit is from me as a member, not me as a mod:

I know that you trust DA more than Jaxxy. The reasons make enough sense. Still, I think the best thing we can do as far as this argument is concerned is to take no sides and wait to see what the rest of the staff has concluded (or at least the staff members that I know you trust).

Acal, I'm going to ask you not to post that here, not yet. I'm sure that the other mods will agree with me on this.

It would be nice to hear DA's side of the story. I'd love to hear it myself because I know her and I still trust her. I consider her a friend. But while we're trying to fix the situation, it would not be a good idea to exacerbate the argument in public.

Once things settle down and we're all aware of the final news, we may post DA's side of the story for retrospective purposes. We'll see.

Right now, stirring the pot more than it has already been stirred is a bad idea. If we're ever going to get to the bottom of this, neutrality is the key. Posting DA's side of the story right now isn't going to help matters any at the moment. If anything, it may make matters worse precisely because of the way we feel about DA already.

We have enough drama right now. We don't need more. You're aware of and agree with that much.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.