Click Here!

Flip Flops of Doom

Leonhart29

A friend of mine sent me an email today about the possible problems with some flip flops Wal Mart is selling (and yeah - they're at my local Wally World). After seeing these pictures I made damn sure my kids didn't have any (they don't). Warning - These pictures are graphic - and I've seen burns before - they aren't make up - they're the real thing.

Flip Flop Flops

That's horrible!

Leave it to big companies to toss the ball from one to another! *sighs* I hope this woman gets better...I'm glad she didn't buy them for her tot.

I think she really would have been beside herself with fury and worry if she had.

Looks like a chemical reaction, maybe something in the plastic of the straps of the flip flops?

I wore flip flops all summer long and all I ended up with tanning lines from the straps...

I hope she gets better soon... ph34r.gif

I bought a memory foam dog bed at Wallmart. They didn't have it at PetSmart. My dog likes it, his hips are bad. So, some things are good, while others aren't.

I'm with you ladies. Diapers and other baby items are far less expensive for me there. Not to mention Milk, which is basically up the ass everywhere else.

Mom on a budget, what can I say? tongue.gif

Looks like a chemical reaction, maybe something in the plastic of the straps of the flip flops?

I wore flip flops all summer long and all I ended up with tanning lines from the straps...

I hope she gets better soon... ph34r.gif

Certain types of plastics have acids as bonding agents, the manufacturers have used a dodgy chemical that instead of being netralised completly by the plastic it still retains its acidity and burns the skin it comes in contact with.

I would say that its either an acid or alkaly burn weak acids and weak caustic chemicals need about 15 minutes to burn through dead skin to start reacting with the living tissue thats probably whats happened her. It looks the same way my sister had her reaction with hair bleach.