Click Here!

story is one whole paragraph

Guest Nicolette

Guest Nicolette

Hey,

I'm trying to post a story of mine from my pages app on my ipad onto the text bit of the submit story process. But, whenever I preview the story before publishing. The whole thing is one, long paragraph. I made sure to format properly in my pages app and I even posted the story to my LJ.

What am I doing wrong? I'm pasting and copying. All the paragraphs are proper on my lj. It ust messes up here.

What am I doing wrong?

You need to add text containers as you're uploading a .txt file.

in other words, where you have a paragraph, add <p> add the beginning of the paragraph, then </p> at the end. The alternative is to just use the rte itself, and then it won't be an issue.

Story on here was fine the other day now its one big paragraph...each chapter has been changed....what happened? Can you fix it or do i have to remove the entire story and reload it.

Guest ughlyu membranes

I'm reading stories here and THEY'RE all in ONE BIG PARAGRAPH also..It's the site!! Something is wrong with the site NOT the uploaders fault...

Are you guys even planning to FIX the problem. It makes reading hard to do or enjoy!

Guest Inu-girl

I understand that you need to add text containers such as <p> for paragraph. I think the problem that everyone is having is that ALL the stories on the site including those that have been posted previous to these new updates, are in one big paragraph. Is there some code that can fix this or do people have to take down all stories that they have posted on the site in previous years and reformat them before reposting?

Inu-girl,

First, not every story was affected. A good number were, yes. DG has over 467,000 chapters to go last I knew.

Second, please read this: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/index.php/topic/29622-brand-new-new-code-and-other-updates-read-me/

There is a link there that goes to the details DG gave on January 31 regarding the issue.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.