Click Here!

Zombies Aren's Fake Any More?

Guest CheetaTom

Guest CheetaTom

This used to be in the originals sections a few months ago, I was trying to find a copy of it to copy and paste into a word document to keep. I didn't even remember the name till tonight when I took a closer look at the old bookmark.

I refer you to the statement at the opening to the search forum:

If you know the piece of fiction that someone is searching for is removed from the site, but you retained a personal copy, please do not pass the story around. If the story is taken down either by the Author or Moderator staff there is a reason behind it that must be respected.

Guest CheetaTom

So it was taken down by someone? All I know is the link stopped working and I couldn't find it in searches so I feared it was gonna be taken down. So it is officially gone? If so than I redact my original statement as it seems I'm to late to keep that decent story, even in a private collection.

I can't find a reference where it was a staff removal, which means the author removed it. I see that often enough where an author takes something down to rework it. As the story was in originals, if the author is also published, and converted it in to work for publication, that's actually one of the more common reasons I've seen FOR an original fiction to be removed by an author, in those circumstance.

While I think DG was extremely polite and accurate in her response, please allow me to honestly question you here.

This is an original, so this means that the person worked hard to come up with their own world and characters, to develop a plotline of their own.

I understand it was for your private collection, but have you seen our Hall of Shame? We publicly shame and ban people who take other people's stories and post them - EVEN when the reason is just that they wanted to share so more people can see it.

Would you go to a library, read a book, decide you like it and just photocopy the entire book so you could keep it?? I'm going to guess your answer is no, you wouldn't as that would be most decent people's answer. So if you wouldn't do that to a published author from a library, why would you disrespect one of our authors in such a manner? Just because they decided to share it on an archive for free doesn't make it any less theirs or deserving of any less respect from the readers, so pardon me while I say shame on you.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.