Click Here!

10 years? *gasp!*

ApolloImperium

Updates from Apollo

Updates from Apollo

When DemonGoddess reminded me last night that September was 10 years, I had to pause. Was it really that long? With a shuddering breath I realized that indeed it had been. Now, as you may know, I cannot take credit for all 10 years, but I am glad to be here when we hit such a milestone. For those of you that remember, Ayla Olsen started this site, back on Geocities as a Buffy/Angel archive which was always her favorite fandom, only to respond to the cries of outrage when FanFiction.Net removed all mature content. Her small little archive transitioned from Buffy/Angel to AdultFanFiction.Net into what it is today. So please raise a toast as we celebrate her pioneering original archive this month!

In other news, Dragon*Con was amazing. I got to meet some awesome authors that self publish and work with various e-publishers. Hopefully, the trip was a success and you will see more new names popping up in our banners. Please remember that our advertisers allow us to do what we do, so please take some time to click through and help them make a living!

2012 Calendar and 10 Year Anniversary

Well, like I said above, this month marks 10 years since the archive originally started in its original form, but next year is 10 years of AdultFanFiction. So we need to celebrate!

If you hung around last year and remember the calendar contest, you will find that only the dates have changed. However, you can always find a refresher course here.

The logo contest is new though. In honor of our 10 year anniversary, we must have a splendorific logo to go with it. Which is where you come in. If it was me doing it, I would end up putting a birthday cake up with the letters 10 on it. Not very original, huh? Well, yea, I didn't think so either. Unless this sounds appealing to you, get out your thinking caps, your art supplies and get drawing! Or pixilating or what ever medium works for you. For all the details and other specifics, please visit our new page here.

AFF CafePress Store

Please take a moment to check out our store, featuring our AFF Calendar and other merchandise with the wonderful designs they provided us! If you see artwork you like but not on an item you are interested in? Send me a PM or e-mail and I will see what we can do! Hurry Hurry! Before you know it the 2012 designs will be posted and you won't be able to get the previous years designs!

Funding Status

Information to exact status is always found on the donations page. Currently, the site has $541.84 stored in PayPal. Septembers's hosting costs are paid and we look good for the coming months! The money we have will be going towards the various upgrades planned and while we have amassed a small surplus that will allow us to do these various upgrades, please keep us in mind if you have some spare cash! Please see the donation page for further information on how.

Monthly Writing Prompt

Perhaps you noticed a change in the Dribs, Drabs and Doggy Tales forum, perhaps not. However, please take a quick moment to look over our new Monthly challenge. To accommodate those that cannot always write each week, but still wants to challenge themselves we have created a monthly challenge that has a word prompt, a phrase prompt and/or three elements to use in a story. This challenge will be moderated and run by our awesome Assistant Forum Admin Melrick, who first suggested it and agreed to run it so that it wouldn't end up late like the news and other prompts :D

Tech Updates from DemonGoddess

Monthly Moderation Update

As always, we want to keep you informed of how the site moderation goes. Take a look at the wonderful work that our staff has done in keeping the site safe and open to all! Click Me!

Clean up updates

All that's left to move from cartoons is the rest of the Teen Titans section.

A reminder to buffy/angel readers, you may see empty chapters in some of the much older stuff, as I split the data to avoid truncation, as that has been an issue. This will apply to where one sees stories with "chapters 1 through 8" in one chapter, and etc. Please ignore the blanks for now, I promise they'll be filled up ;)

Happy anniversary. Good that I didn't miss this news:)

I've been around not for very long time (2 years) but I'm quite impressed with the job you're doing. You introduce and set norms, simple but necessary, thus keeping our creative authors to some limits in form, content and standard.. and not-so-creative authors are kindly taught (at least we hope so) a lesson or two about plagiarism \ politeness (or about themselves :)))

You provide a link, a connection and so much desired feedback for authors. AFF is a good platform to test out one's audience if you plan to become a writer, ne?

Not to mention readers.. Personally, I will feel forever grateful to AFF as a reader for what I had already found here.. my list of must-reads is sooo long!

Long live AFF. And thank you all!

P.S.: I thought about a list of really great things or ideas that AFF promotes, directly or indirectly. It has to do with SO MANY aspects of our life. That's why we need it (?)

Start with freedom(s)..

• 4 weeks later...
Guest LakotaGirl

I couldn't find a place to ask this question, but the AFF 10th anniversary logo contest says submissions are due 11/1/2011 in the "Submission Requirements" item #7, then just below that it says they are due 12/1/2011 in the "Contest Timeline".

Which is it, November or December?