shamrock.gifHappy St. Patrick's Day to everyone.shamrock.gif

Have you got your green on?

Here's some handy phrases:

seamróg shamrock.gif

beor uaine: green beer

Sláinte! Cheers!

Pionta Guinness, le do thoil: A pint of Guinness, please

Ceann eile, le do thoil: Another one, please

An bhfuil tú ar meisce fós? Are you drunk yet?

Tabhair dom an rud céanna atá ag an fhear ar an urlár! Give me the same as the man on the floor!

Éirinn go brách! (Ireland forever!)

Guest Serenanna

You know, the irony of today for me is that it's also my father's birthday? I remembered that this morning, but I couldn't remember that it was St. Patty's Day till I saw the shamrock on Google. happy.gif;;;;

Sere

I always type in green anyway so don't mind me.

My friend's birthday was today but I forgot. It doesn't matter because later I remembered that he asked not to celebrate this year because of a piloting exam and our upcoming finals. I've already told him before to be thankful his name isn't Patrick so my work's done.

I didn't really get to celebrate today. I wore a lot of green and watched the Macy's parade, but I only got to have a Tirasmoothie at The Keg, which tastes really good but it ain't enough to get a gal tipsy.

As I'm Irish (at least in decent) my family had everything planned out to the nines - Guiness on tap with Bailey's to go with it - hagas (?) and a whole host of other things... and what do I do? I tear down the side of my house and beg off the obligatory family reunion... I think I'm a sad Irish Lass in need of a stiff pint.

Happy St. Patrick's Day Ya'll!

Guest echtrae

That's right, all you need is a stiff pint and it should set everything right. wink.gif

Besides, it's spelled haggis and it's a Scottish dish.

I am of Irish descent and haggis has never been a part of any of our meals.

Just enjoyed the second viewing (in my lifetime anyway) of Boondock Saints. This one was censored, however. Ah, I feel so weird now. Willem Dafoe in drag...he's actually quite attractive as a woman.

And yes, I co-incidentally wore green today. As it so happens I have a few green things hanging in the closet. I don't drink during Lent. (I don't drink much during any time of the year actually), but I did smoke a cigarette. I'm not sure that's an Irish thing to do. I guess they use pipes. And I did buy an oxalis. Couldn't resist!

oxalisacetosellazt4.jpg

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.