Click Here!

End of the filler

Inuzuka

i certainly hope so. got to love a good naruto fic and based on the number of naruto stories i guess a lot of people agree with me.

Guest Serenanna

Only down side to this is even more know-it-all fanboy and girls yelling when you break canon or set it semi-AU. I've already had one over-zealous manga reader preaching at me in a review that so-and-so is dead, and so-and-so's lover is knocked up. >.<

I can imagine that times by ten, and soon.

On the plus side? More KAKASHI!!!!!! ::faints::

Sere

My problem with Sai has nothing to do with his transparent bisexuality (I don't find him gay, more like non-discriminating) but with his obvious parallels to Neji and Gaara. In all honesty I don't much like Gaara because he is Neji-2. And compounding that by adding another enemy turned ally by Naruto's force of will irks me.

I think the deeper story is that whoever Naruto is, whatever he does has to first overcome the evil within, and that's why he is able to overcome the evil without. That's part of the basic story-line, and I don't mind telling you I'm excited by this turn of events. *rubs hands together*. Another anime whose fillers have ended (Is it co-incidence?) is Bleach..I absolutely couldn't stand the vampire filler...blek!...and stopped watching it altogether. I may take it up once again. What a horrid year this past year has been. It's like all the skookum story-tellers took a long hiatus. I mean, even movie land has been turning out half-baked plot lines in favor of getting all the eye-candy in. I think this next year is going to be really great in terms of story-telling.

Okay, okay as Bleach being one of my favorite animes I feel the deep need to defend it. Forget it I have to agree with you the whole Bounto thing got way out of hand. My God I thought those episode would never end! But they finally did and the whole deal with Aizen is finally moving along. I think the filler days of Bleach are over. As for Naruto well...only time will tell if this new series is getting back to the original intent of rescuing 'precious' Sasuke from the clutches Orochimaru. Personally I'm not holding my breath. The Naruto series had a lot more fillers than Bleach. As for Gaara being anything like Neji...I won't even grace with a response. Gaara will never be anything like him. Really it's much too soon to see how the last two and a half years have changed him.

I have in my household, a manga reader, and she claims that the Manga authors were simply too slow. There is only one guy doing the naruto Manga (I think) while there are several on the anime. Take Full Metal Alchemist for instance. The Manga is nothing like the anime at the end. I mean, many people were shocked when Al ended up in "reality" AAAAAAHHHHHGGGGG!!!!! It behooves the anime writers to put a rein on their rampaging plots. Naruto's fillers have been the longest I've ever seen. The Manga goes straight from the fight at the water falls into the "three years later" episode. I don't even know if Gaara is in the Manga. (Goes to look) Ja Ne! wink.gif

Guest Serenanna

::pops up at the mention of FMA:: The reason the manga and the anime are different is because FMA was only put out monthly and still is being put out. It ain't over. Not by a long shot. I'm actually starting to prefer the mangaverse to the animeverse since Royai and Ed/Win is all but canon.

Naruto and Bleach on the other hand are put out weekly in Weekly Shounen Jump, but with shorter chapters that top out at 20 pages or under. Thus, more canon material.

But going back to topic, why do anime do fillers or completely rewrite things? In the cases of Naruto and Bleach, it was to let the manga get ahead again. But, sometimes it's all the choice of the producers. One classic example is Sailor Moon. The manga and the anime are like two totally different things with the manga being more serious and mature. But the anime . . . yeah, I'm still young enough of a fangirl to remember every dippy filler episode in the first season and how awful they are now looking back at it.

Knowing Studio Perriot who's doing both Naruto and Bleach, we'll see light fillers to draw out the canon so that they're not gobbling up 3 to 4 chapters and episode. But, that's my opinion.

Sere

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.