Click Here!

Review Replies for AFF Prompt/Bad Dreams

BronxWench

Apollo: I'm glad you liked the kilt! I actually did think of you as I wrote that. Now if I went steampunk on my fandom and dredged up a leafblower... ;)

Fairy Slayer: Wow, thank you for all the really kind comments! I wanted the dream sequence to have that slower quality, so I'm glad that worked. I know it's hard when you don't know the fandom, and there really isn't a huge amount of room in the format to fully explain the particulars, but at least the sense that the two characters come from divergent cultures did come over. Just as an explanatory thing, Wraith is a Dalish elf, and in this gameworld, elves were at first enslaved and are currently at best second class citizens, and in actuality little better than slaves, except for the Dalish who are nomadic free elves.

pittwitch: Thank you! Short fiction is hard for me because I tend to get, well, wordy, but the challenge was amazingly fun, and I think I'm hooked! I'm glad that despite not knowing my fandom, you could still enjoy the story. :D

wanderingaddict: Glad you enjoyed it! I haven't really written DAO before, since I tend to want to fill in plot holes, and DAO is not as rife with them as NWN was. Still, it's a fun world to play in, so I'll most likely be doing more.

Alistair is hard to beat on, isn't he? He has that shy, self-deprecating humor thing going, and I'm a sucker for that. I actually hardened him for the first time on my last playthrough, and it was tough doing even that much to him. Now I'm toying with the notion of downloading the mod that will let a male PC romance him, just because the boys are feeling left out. :P

Bored_Straight: Thank you so much for taking the time to read and review my flash fic! I'm glad the descriptions helped you follow along despite not being familiar with the fandom. It's hard sometimes to read a fic when you don't know the premise, but I appreciate your doing just that. :)

ShadowKnight: Thank you! Wow, that made my day, actually. One of the things that really struck the first time I played a Dalish was that this elf was going to die, no matter what. He was tainted before the Joining, nearly dies, gets to go through the Joining and nearly dies again, loses everything that he's cared about in one fell swoop, and now he's got an archdemon calling him. So, yeah, bitter much?

And Alistair? Damned straight he's fuckable, and also trying to be decent, which he just is, so yeah, Wraith is starting to warm up a little to the sexy shem. Ah, the temptation presented by a decent man... :lol:

JayDee: Thank you! I think what I'm happiest about with this one is that despite most people not being familiar with the fandom, the mood is coming across well, so, YAY! And as to any proto romances, stick around! I have a feeling those two aren't done with me yet... :D

And definitely play the game... I've played all sorts of CRPGs, and this is hands-down one of the best. I haven't flipped for a game like this since Planescape: Torment or Baldur's Gate. :D

• 1 year later...

RogueMudblood: Thank you so much! It was just an incredibly nice way to start my day to read your very detailed and positive review. Your reviews are always so well thought out and your concrit is superb, so I cherish them! :D

I have to say that I'm often my own harshest critic and when I read older pieces, I do cringe, but this remains one of my favorites, and I'm glad that it was an enjoyable read for you. It's good to know someone else likes my first foray into the realm of flash fiction.

Thanks again! :hug:

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.