Click Here!

Disclaimer issue

Guest dorianagray

Guest dorianagray

I just received a notice from a moderator that the disclaimer for my story "Four (aka Corruption)" is wrong, yet I am not sure how. The only main characters who are real people are Alan and Jeremy, and I definitely mentioned them in the disclaimer. The majority of the so-called celebrities in this story are my fictional characters and not real people to begin with. I do have a wedding scene (and later on there will be a concert) where I mention real people being there, yet if I put every individual name on the disclaimer, it was severly over-exceed the allowed characters in the disclaimer box. Yet, in the first story in the series, Trois, I have a funeral scene where many real celebrities are present, and this was never an issue. I have no idea what to do if that is the problem. Perhaps I should also list that almost all of the main characters (except for Alan and Jeremy) are fictional and not intended to resemble anyone real?

These links will help you as well. Example in resources forum, and the FAQ giving more in depth of an explanation. Also, if you KNOW the disclaimer will exceed the 240 character limit, you simply put in the field - See full disclaimer below. It helps if you tell us WHERE it is, as well. Often, what people do where they have to add to it, they'll put it on the first page, and edit as they need to.

Having gone through this story, what you should do, is remove the "other celebs mentioned", and then edit your disclaimer as needed when you add more real people.

If you think you're going to end up exceeding the 240 character limit eventually, simply do as I instructed earlier with the "full disclaimer below" statement.

By the way, if you add more later, by doing that, if you ADD it to the new chapter where the new real person is mentioned, that works as well.

So, say for example you have edited your disclaimer in the field to say "See full disclaimer below".

Then, the very first group of text in the chapter would be the disclaimer. IF you should happen to change your story to where you add another real person, or a few more real people, than add the changed disclaimer to the chapter affected. You could go ahead and edit where the disclaimer originally is in your story, but if you simply add a revised one where it's needed, that works just as well.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.