Click Here!

So How About A Review Exchange Thread?

Guest Knorg

Folks could post in t'thread with the story they want reviewed. In return for reviewing it, they could review a story by the reviewer. Obviously stuff like "nice story" wouldn't cut it, being comment rather than review...

Could it work?

Is anyone that hungry for replies?

Wouldn't take part meself 'o course ph34r.gif

I like this idea, and if someone wants to read and review From the Looking Glass (violence, opens with yuri but it isn't a recurring thing, and I haven't gotten to the second sex scene yet) If you like fantasy, or just adventure stories I'd like to hear from you, so far I've gotten some pretty good reviews from members of this board and people on my msn.

I'll read anything original (and I'm currently working my way through Confessions of A Runaway by Melody Fate, when I finish I'm going to give a review), or from the X-men, Harry Potter, Naruto, Bleach or One Piece universes so long as they aren't extremely heavy Yaoi. I don't care if there's romantic gay relationships or sex, but if there's nothing else its not likely going to hold my attention until I get through it.

The link for From the Looking Glass, my latest chapter is with my beta so it'll update soon.

Edit: if your story takes place in an RPG I've probably played it

Guest lightgoddess

This is a brilliant idea!! biggrin.gif I'd love to see a review or two for Out of Nowhere, my Fetish Series beginning with A New Fetish (this is Slash), and Breaking the Dark Mark (this is also slash). These are just about my three favorite of my own stories. lol I'll read pretty much any Harry Potter, Original, and LOTR. I hate to admit this, but I know nothing about most of the other fandoms. happy.gif

Seven Minutes in Heaven

It's the only complete fic I have at this point because it's the only one-shot I have at this point.

I'm at a point where I'm severely doubting that I have the ability or potential to write erotica or a decent sex scene. As far as I know, this is the closest I've ever come, but I'm still not sure if I can actually do it when I put conscious effort into it.

I think it would help to get concrit. Not so much a review about the pairing (Jan/Peter) or the fandom (Brady Bunch), but about my potential/ability at writing erotica/sex scenes.

Guest achtungnight

I endorse this thread too. My erotica writing may be done for now (RL caught up with me, as did an unfortunate lack of ideas that drive the mind), but I still welcome all reviews and comments on what I put out. Who knows- maybe the right idea will bring me back someday, we'll see. I will gladly trade reviews with anyone who requests it- hell, I'm just glad people read and enjoy my work. cool.gif

Guest Pink Lace
ohmy.gifohmy.gif OMG there's such a thing as Labyrinth fandom! I thought I was the only person irl who even watched the thing. No one else I know even remembers it. *runs off to review it right away*

Here's a fic a did a little while back that one of my readers requested me to do, but I have yet to get one review for it. It's the only story I have on this site that doesn't have even 1 review. It's a CloudXYuffie one shot. Personally, I don't even like this particular pairing, but I wrote it to please my reader. Go figure. Link http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600070124 I tend to only read and write Final Fantasy 7 and 8 stuff, plus Advent Children. Resident Evil is cool too. I don't really read anything else. So if any of you have a FF or RE story you want me to read, cool.

That's a really bad reason to write a fic, unless you're writing on commision and getting paid well. Which you're not.

Might I suggest contacting the reader you wrote this for and having him/her review it?

I would contact them, if I had a way to. The person isn't on the author directory and they didn't leave their e-mail address on the review they gave me, when they requested me to write the story. Plus, I don't mind writing something requested. I aim to please. I just enjoy writing fan fics. biggrin.gif

Guest lightgoddess
Here's a fic a did a little while back that one of my readers requested me to do, but I have yet to get one review for it. It's the only story I have on this site that doesn't have even 1 review. It's a CloudXYuffie one shot. Personally, I don't even like this particular pairing, but I wrote it to please my reader. Go figure. Link http://ff.adult-fanfiction.org/story.php?no=600070124 I tend to only read and write Final Fantasy 7 and 8 stuff, plus Advent Children. Resident Evil is cool too. I don't really read anything else. So if any of you have a FF or RE story you want me to read, cool.

I usually don't write requested fics unless it's from an author I admire or as some kind of an exchange, though I will write a gift fic for an author or reviewer. However, I do not have a problem with people who do write requests for their readers. I think it's really a personal choice. smile.gif

I usually don't write requested fics unless it's from an author I admire or as some kind of an exchange, though I will write a gift fic for an author or reviewer

I had a reviewer once ask for a sequel to a short fic of mine, and although the original was a lot of fun to do and I would have loved to oblige, there was just nothing else to write. It was never intended to be multi-part and I thought the end pretty much showed that. I think she (the reviewer) just liked the character and her exploits so much, she wanted to see her again.

Guest lightgoddess
I had a reviewer once ask for a sequel to a short fic of mine, and although the original was a lot of fun to do and I would have loved to oblige, there was just nothing else to write. It was never intended to be multi-part and I thought the end pretty much showed that. I think she (the reviewer) just liked the character and her exploits so much, she wanted to see her again.

Sometimes in cases like that, a quickie AU side fic is fun to do. I did one of those with Out of Nowhere...but it was more to satisfy my inner slash writer than anything. lol

Thank you, Pink Lace, for reviewing my story. I didn't mind the little bit of criticism at all. But, what you pointed out is what I was going for, pure sex, nothing more, in that story at least. In my TifaXCloud stories, I write with more emotion going go. I actually have a CloudXTifaXAeris threesome I wrote as well, that has gotten good reviews. I'll be sure to read some of your works in the near future. Thanks again!

• 3 weeks later...

MOD: Found this in an old thread while cleaning up, thought I'd put it here.

Melody Fate's AFF Page

Oh, Aserenity, you've got to read this!

Very intelligent piece of work.

I recommend this to anyone who likes smutty bits, but not crass

• 2 months later...

I've had this poem lying around on the ph34r.gif site for a while, but only one review. It's a Peter Pan poem entitled On the Brink.

I don't usually write poetry because I feel that I'm not that good at it. Sometimes the inspiration for a poem hits and I go with it. This was one of those times.

I admit that it's purple-prosaic, perhaps bordering on the edge of urple (I'm not sure). I also admit that it's slightly repetitive, and perhaps I went a bit too far back with the old English (again, I'm not sure). It's written from Wendy's POV, after Peter leaves.

I had rated it K because there's nothing "negatively adult" about it. The language is complex and only someone older/slightly more experienced would understand the theme, which is why it's now rated T.

If you're familiar with Peter Pan (especially the 2003 movie), and don't mind reading non-erotic poetry, could you please read it and give an honest critical review?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have started on my original story and I need some feedback to help me make it the best it can be. I haven't been getting a whole lot of constructive reviews for my fan fiction so I'm hoping ya'll will be willing to read what I've got on the new one and give me some constructive critism.

I trust all of your opinions and frankly I don't think I'm good enough yet to be completely confident in my writing style. I would appreciate any help you can give me. (Does begging for your expertise work?)

Here's the link to the story - thanks in advance.

The Great Battle