Click Here!

Now offering Beta services to seeking Authors

SerenityxStar

I'm ready to Beta for interested Authors. I have extensive english and editing experience, including, but not limited to: grammar, spelling, sentence structure, conversation, tense/verb use and narration/point of view.

I believe that a Beta and their Author should be a team. The Author has the idea and puts it down and the Beta is responsible, not only for checking spelling and grammar, but polishing the edges, helping make the story the best it can be. A Beta needs to be honest, helping their Author when something doesn't work, pointing out awkward sentences. Ideally, a Beta and an Author will form a bond and inspire each other. A Beta can become a Muse, if you will.

I'm willing to work with Authors and help them make their stories better, but my Authors need to be willing to accept constructive crit. I'm even willing to completely tear a story apart and put it back together if that's what we decide is needed. So if you contact me, be sure to tell me just how much help you're looking for. I'm not here to bash Author's self-esteem down.

I'll work with almost any fandom. Editing doesn't necessarily need to know the series, but I'm most proficent with (This list is far from complete, but these jump out): AFI, Avenged Sevenfold, Green Day, HIM, My Chemical Romance, BtVS, YuGiOh, Escaflowne, InuYasha, Bleach, Wolf's Rain, Scr-Y-ed, Yu Yu Hakisho, Harry Potter, Legend, LoTR, FFVII, FFVIII, FFXII... With these fandoms specifically, I can also help with OOCness and character personality, as I'm very familiar with them. I'm not afraid to work with AU situations and it's very difficult to squick me.

I'm very good with detail and putting visions into words. Feel free to check out my own work if you'd like some examples. My AFF Author name is FioraSilverWing.

If you've made it through all of this and are interested in checking into my services, let me know! I'd love to help out either established or aspiring Authors.

~Star

Edited by SerenityxStar

Guest Luinil_Telcontar

Hi! I'm Samara and I'm in need of a beta. Your post intrigued me, because I believe the same things about a beta and author. They cannot work as separate...er...beings, if you will. It's a joint effert. One can't really exist without the other. Not well. Harmony is what it's all about. And fun. I believe a beta gains trust from their author, and vice versa. So not only are they editor and author, but could become close friends.

Okay, ramble over.

I write a lot of stories, mainly in the following fandoms.

Original

LOTR

And sometimes I write in The Ring, though not a whole lot. I crossover LOTR with it and a few other fandoms such as original and Harry Potter, but those stories again, haven't really been written yet.

I am looking for someone to assist me with spelling, grammar, flow, structure, characterization...the whole nine yards of betaing. I would like constructive criticism. I crave it actually. I have been flamed before, so I know the difference betwen con crit and troll fire. Con crit will help make me a better author. Nothing is ever perfect the first time around. Nor the second, third or even tenth. Working together is the only way we can make a story as good as it possibly can be, and if that means dismantling it and starting from scratch, then that is what we will have to do. The process may be arduous, but the ending result will be magnificent.

If you are interested, please contact me at

nightingaleroase@gmail.com

If you have AIM, feel free to IM me there! I'm always on. My sn is Lucifers Ayngel

I hope to hear from you soon!

Samara

• 4 weeks later...
I'm ready to Beta for interested Authors. I have extensive english and editing experience, including, but not limited to: grammar, spelling, sentence structure, conversation, tense/verb use and narration/point of view.

~Star

I'm looking for a beta for a couple of Yu Yu Hakusho stories that I've finished. If you're interested, please contact me at wmj166@yahoo.com.

You can find a link to my work in my profile under Lemonychocolate (same as my AFF profile name).

• 2 months later...
Guest Hedwigseyes

I am in need of a good beta for 3 of my stories. 2 of them have been posted and one i don't even want to post until I know i have a good beta. You can check out my non-beta included work under the name of Hedwigseyes. If you are interested based on my stories. Please let me know by emailing me at cinder_phenix@hotmail.com with Hedwigseyes as the subject line. It will be at the point I will lay down what i expect of you and we together will decide if you and I will be able to work together.

Star-

I'm Jet. I'm currently writing 5 stories. One to three story updates a week so its a lot of work but since i'm currently without a beta you have your pick of my stories to work on. If you can do one, fantastic; however, if you want to take on more than that, I'm forever in your debt. Mainly I need grammar checks and some basic feedback. A few hard kicks in the head or harsh critism never hurts. I love the way you think about a Beta and an Author being a team. I definitely agree and would love to team up with you to create fun and amazing work. If you can beta please contact me at Jet@noirromance.com or via PM.

My body of work mainly encompasses humans though occasionally my characters have been shifters of sorts. My range extends from historical to fantasy to mob themes. While I do have experience with non-con themes and some edgy bdsm, I'm not writing hopeless drivel for the mentally fucked up. My stories have a point and are meant to really explore characters as people not 2D badly thought out cliches. Nothing's wrong with a little fluff now and then to cheer yourself up but that's not my goal. Many of my works feature Male/Male relationships, polygamous relations, bdsm or just plain kinky sex. Feel free to check out my work on AFF.Net or on NoirRomance.com. Thank you for your time.

Jet

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that a Beta and their Author should be a team. The Author has the idea and puts it down and the Beta is responsible, not only for checking spelling and grammar, but polishing the edges, helping make the story the best it can be. A Beta needs to be honest, helping their Author when something doesn't work, pointing out awkward sentences. Ideally, a Beta and an Author will form a bond and inspire each other. A Beta can become a Muse, if you will.

I'm willing to work with Authors and help them make their stories better, but my Authors need to be willing to accept constructive crit. I'm even willing to completely tear a story apart and put it back together if that's what we decide is needed. So if you contact me, be sure to tell me just how much help you're looking for. I'm not here to bash Author's self-esteem down.

Oh, oh this is really music to my ears. A beta and author are really a team and both should give their all for the story so the readers can see its true potential. I want to push myself as an author so that I can churn out quality work and I know if someone like you were my beta than I might just.

I am definetly open to criticsm and I am definetly not a saint. I make mistakes, lots of them. But I am willing to improve. I try to look over my work but I need an extra pair of eyes. I want to have a beta who won't mind actually getting involved with a story. I'm willing to hear both constructive critiscm and their input if it would actually better the story.

I do both hetero and yaoi fics but right now I'm trying to focus on getting my Naruto fics beta'd. I have others if you aren't so familiar with the anime. They are: Inuyasha, Rurouni Kenshin, D.N.Angel, Wolf's Rain, Yu Yu Hakusho, KM2, Sailor Moon and many more.

But please consider me when you choose. I know I'm coming so late in the game but I'm the girl hopping up and down in the back, trying to get your attention from so many admirers. I may be short but definetly determined.

If you have questions just e-mail me at simplywandering@yahoo.com and list your e-mail as Potential Beta. Don't want to consider you spam.

~Assassin's Kiss

• 2 months later...

Hey there. I am trying to reach out to some more experienced betas to find someone to help me....you sound like you could fit the bill, so here it is:

I need a beta for an original vampire story that I have been told, by multiple sources, has potential. The main pairing is a straight couple...of course we will be sure to throw a homosexual in the mix, if only to make the male lead uncomfortable. ^_^ I need you because I want this to look good. Proffessional. It has always been my goal to take this particular one some place higher than my own computer.

I won't bore you with every detail here, so if you were not interested right off the bat, feel free to skip this. However, I have posted my plea for a beta elsewhere and there are main plot ideas and specifics of what I am looking for in a beta here: http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/inde...showtopic=12746

*NOTE: For now, that is all, but it is mentioned in there that someday I would like to publish this. If that is too much ambition for you, I completely understand. We can talk of the particulars of that down the road when the time comes however.

Thank you very much!

• 4 months later...

Hello there Star! I'm looking for an experienced beta reader to look over my fan fictions, and you're beta-ing offer stood out to me more then anybody else’s. I actually just posted a message in the "Request a Beta" board last night, here is the link. It might give you an idea of what I am looking for in a beta. If you are interested please e-mail me and let me know. I hope to hear from you soon!

~*Leslie*~

caughtinthestorm@live.com

• 7 months later...
Guest Nyouko

Hello, I am Nyouko and I am in need of a beta. I am working on a few stories right now. Tho I do not have most of them even finished with the first chapter. I have a part of a chapter of one of my stories posted. I wanted to see how the people liked it before I finished and I am stuck on one part. I have another story finished with the first chapter. I do not want to post it tell it is bettaed. (Is that even how you spelled that?)

If you want to read the one I have posted it is under Nyouko in adult-fanfiction.org. If you want to talk to me you can email me or IM me using dollie22000@yahoo.com or shippou_06@hotmail.com.

• 1 month later...

Hi my name is Alexaviera Raven, please feel free to call me Alexa if you wish, I know that I am a decent writer and I just think I need a little help with my stories..

Samples of my writing can be found at: http://hp.adult-fanfiction.org/authors.php?no=1296882193

Which is my author page, I primarily want some advice and help with one of my stories,

The Diary Of A Slytherin Prince

The Diary Of A Slytherin Prince is about Draco's life in seventh year and how he wants revenge on the world for his Father's death at first but then he begins to fall in love with a certain Gryffindor Bookworm who shows him there is more than hatred in life...

They are both broken due to their families and end up healing each other. Hermione is very occ in it.. It's a twisted love story..

I've never had a beta reader work with me on any project and so I don't know exactly what it would entail.. Please forgive me for when I write I just write, I tend to it seems write the way I think and sometimes it gets confusing.

I am normally very good with spelling and I thought I was also with the grammar but I suppose that I have much to still learn as I try to perfect my craft as a writer.

Any help would be welcome even if it is to tell me exactly what I did wrong,all help is appreciated..

I would thank anyone graciously who can help me breathe my thoughts and ideas into life and help me entertain the world with my fiction..

My stories generally consist of a m/f pairing and time to time a slash pairing.. But the above two mentioned stories contain only the hetero pairings.. I always have a spot of violence of course and

Thank you in advance!!

Blessed Be!! Alexa

~Star

Star, those words are magic to my ears or eyes. I have sent you a PM. I hope you are still taking on authors.

Beth AKA Solaris.

• 1 month later...

Hello, I know your post is from last year and all, but...I liked what you wrote about being a beta. And I need someone who can rip a story apart, as I am really serious about trying HP fanfiction. I have two ideas, but I need to try and make the characters as close to in character as possible, and I want the story to be a good one.

• 1 year later...

Hello, I am wondering if you are still willing to beta stories. I have a Harry/Draco fic that is only in its beginning stages and needs tearing apart. It's eight chapters and 22,497 words long. Please e-mail me at tssgomez@gmail.com if you are interested :D

Thanks!!

Kuro_Malfoy

• 2 years later...

Hey there,

I'm currently writing an Inuyasha fanfiction. It's an Inuyasha/Kagome lemon.

I'm looking for a Beta because, well, I'm not so fantastic with words. I am great with punctuation and grammar, but I sometimes struggle to put my thoughts into words.

It's going to be long, like over 80 chapters.

I'm looking for someone who is very descriptive and dedicated.

It's a big project, but it'll be fun and credit will be given in every chapter.

This story with consist of lemons, limes, fluff, and definitely violence (No rape! Definitely not my thing). All of which will be in full detail.

If you're interested and up for it, feel free to message me.

Thanks,

-IN

• 3 weeks later...
Guest imranramji@ymail.com

star i need a beta reader and i need someone to tear my story to pieces and reconstruct it with out changing the plot. be warned english is my second language

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure if you've still got room on your plate, but I could definitely use a beta tester for my currently in-progress story.

This'll be the first I've published, and the first chapter is already up to gauge interest -- My archive name is the same as my forum name, if you're interested. The first chapter's only about 3k words -- Roughly 1/3rd-1/4th of the length of the other chapters I have written and that are awaiting proofreading. I'm fairly confident in my skills, but just want to have a second pair of eyes on it before I go further.

Anyway, let me know! Thanks~

• 9 months later...
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.