sadarax

Login problems. How to reach support staff?

Recommended Posts

I am unable to Update my Account? (I tried following the instructions here http://www2.adult-fanfiction.org/forum/topic/29595-existing-users-logging-in-for-the-1st-time-in-the-new-system/ )

I went here http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/login.php , cleared my cache & cookies, started a new private window just to be sure, reset my password, then proceeded to update my account details.

After filling out:

First Name (Alphabetic characters and - only.)
Last Name (Alphabetic characters and - only.)
Date of Birth (yyyy-mm-dd)
Pen Name (Alphabetic characters and - or _ only.)

I hit the Update button, it loads the page again and nothing happens.

I’ve tried sending an email to technicalsupport@adult-fanfiction.org but I have not got any reply. Can someone help me reach the support staff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first question would be about the password reset. I’m assuming you did receive the email for the password reset, which means you should also be able to receive the validation email. That’s likely not the issue.

Password requirements have changed, and a password not meeting the requirements will cause failure to log in. Passwords must be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. They are also case-sensitive. If the password doesn’t fit those requirements, it might be the issue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, BronxWench said:

My first question would be about the password reset. I’m assuming you did receive the email for the password reset, which means you should also be able to receive the validation email. That’s likely not the issue.

Password requirements have changed, and a password not meeting the requirements will cause failure to log in. Passwords must be between 8-12 letters and/or numbers long, with no punctuation, spaces, or special characters allowed. They are also case-sensitive. If the password doesn’t fit those requirements, it might be the issue.

Thanks for getting back to me. Today I just tried resetting my password again. I made sure the password was only letters and number, with NO punctuation, NO spaces, and NO special characters. I even made sure it was less than 12 but more than 8 characters long. I was also careful about it being case-sensitive. My email is Sadarax@gmail.com.

It still did not work. When I try to log in, it just puts me back at the main page like I did not login. I still need some help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve tagged my administrator for this one, since I have a feeling it requires access to the database which I don’t have. We’ll get this solved!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/31/2021 at 7:17 AM, BronxWench said:

I’ve tagged my administrator for this one, since I have a feeling it requires access to the database which I don’t have. We’ll get this solved!

Thank you. Is there any update to this situation?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I checked everything, and you still need to update the login to the current system.  I’ve found the most common issue is to use a “/” instead of “-” for the birthdate.  The database requires the format as listed and typed out.  For example, my birthday is entered 1961-11-16.  If I had entered it as 1961/11/16 it would not have allowed the update.  Our coder made this very specific so that it protects your accounts.  Yes, it can be a bit of a pain at times.  If this doesn’t help, let me know, and I’ll let you know when I’m not working so we can hook up to get you going.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, DemonGoddess said:

Okay, I checked everything, and you still need to update the login to the current system.  I’ve found the most common issue is to use a “/” instead of “-” for the birthdate.  The database requires the format as listed and typed out.  For example, my birthday is entered 1961-11-16.  If I had entered it as 1961/11/16 it would not have allowed the update.  Our coder made this very specific so that it protects your accounts.  Yes, it can be a bit of a pain at times.  If this doesn’t help, let me know, and I’ll let you know when I’m not working so we can hook up to get you going.

Thanks for looking into this. I cleared my cache and cookies, then I went to here (http://members.adult-fanfiction.org/login.php). I used the center login area. I entered my email and password. It then prompted me to update my information. I tried entering the following

First Name: S
Last Name: Rax
Date of Birth: 1973-09-01
Pen Name: Nicolai

But the same problem happened again. I hit the Update button, it loads the page again and nothing happens.

UPDATE: I also realize I have never received any sort of Activation email for my account, even after resetting my password a few times. (I have checked my spam folder.) Could this be related to the problem?

Edited by sadarax
Updated about Activation email missing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll have to look in the db directly for you.  If you tried to use the same password as the old one, you would have “blanked” the field entirely.  Won’t know that until I look, though.  Sometimes, the activation email won’t go through, especially if using any of the microsoft email domains.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DemonGoddess said:

I’ll have to look in the db directly for you.  If you tried to use the same password as the old one, you would have “blanked” the field entirely.  Won’t know that until I look, though.  Sometimes, the activation email won’t go through, especially if using any of the microsoft email domains.

I can pick another password if we want. My email is @gmail, if that helps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.