Click Here!

Hiccup the Overlord discussion thread

Jwsponky

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

I don’t know the Haka, but keep the Netherghul as is. They are, after all, character unto themselves.

Well, one of the original Netherghul in Fellowship of Evil was a male dwarf named Hakon, who in addition to planning to rewrite as a female named Haka, I had though about making an orc, since a dwarf mistress could be somewhat awkward given they are roughly child sized...

Just now, Jwsponky said:

Well, one of the original Netherghul in Fellowship of Evil was a male dwarf named Hakon, who in addition to planning to rewrite as a female named Haka, I had though about making an orc, since a dwarf mistress could be somewhat awkward given they are roughly child sized...

Oh, well I would suggest either keeping the original Netherghul since they weren’t exactly deep characters anyway.

11 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Actually, have orcs. Make them elveas that the fairies proper twisted for a joke or punishment.

I had planned a connection between the elves and orcs, but something for along the lines of a common ancestor, like for example with coyotes and wolves. One species, the elves in this case, being more agile, and the other having the advantage in brute strength, the orcs.

1 minute ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Also, my opinion that dwarves and imps cn be sext still stand. your adding fairies that are ridiculously small anyway.

This is true, even in the Overlord series fairies were only about the size of halflings... Though if I did go with Maleficent being a fairy that would mean they'd be human sized... This merits further consideration...

17 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

Also, don’t my suggestions, too litterally. I only said them because it seemed like you had too much going on at once IMO. Do what you like.

I admit I'm reserving the final say on what goes in the story since I'm the one doing the actual writing, but given that I started this thread to hear out suggestions, asking for said suggestions seem a reasonable plan.

You could just say she’s a tall fairy…

This is also true. Though now I'm stuck by the idea of Maleficent being exiled from Pixie Hollow for actual evil deeds, leading Zarina to kind of panic when first meeting her...

5 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

Not ubdoable, there's a thing i fojnd recently called shortstack.

Heres a picture of midna to illustrate

https://pokenerd2499.deviantart.com/art/Midna-648629935

2 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

This is true, even in the Overlord series fairies were only about the size of halflings... Though if I did go with Maleficent being a fairy that would mean they'd be human sized... This merits further consideration...

Or that she's a very old and powerful fairy sorceress, or and elf who became a firy through power, or human who was absorbed into a fairy as a host

6 minutes ago, Jwsponky said:

I had planned a connection between the elves and orcs, but something for along the lines of a common ancestor, like for example with coyotes and wolves. One species, the elves in this case, being more agile, and the other having the advantage in brute strength, the orcs.

I feel my suggestion allows a lot of potential, such as maleficent or aurora punishing elves by drafting them into her dwarf army, and hiccup when he gets the girl.

You could have the elves inist that MAYBE thr orcs have a common ancestor, or the fact that they do be how the twistibg works.

It also leta you turn elf antagonists into ibteresting one-wing angel forms or have hiccup swit h elf and orc girls around for fun and punishment.

1 minute ago, Jwsponky said:

This is also true. Though now I'm stuck by the idea of Maleficent being exiled from Pixie Hollow for actual evil deeds, leading Zarina to kind of panic when first meeting her...

This is great, yoy can build up the terror and mystery of how she turned into that for a while vefore revealing it.…

Ooh! What if she merged with aurora's mother as part of a sorcers deal that didn't go well for her. Or she's been channeling power from Aurora and getting human traits from exposure

2 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

Not ubdoable, there's a thing i fojnd recently called shortstack.

Heres a picture of midna to illustrate

https://pokenerd2499.deviantart.com/art/Midna-648629935

Or that she's a very old and powerful fairy sorceress, or and elf who became a firy through power, or human who was absorbed into a fairy as a host

I feel my suggestion allows a lot of potential, such as maleficent or aurora punishing elves by drafting them into her dwarf army, and hiccup when he gets the girl.

You could have the elves inist that MAYBE thr orcs have a common ancestor, or the fact that they do be how the twistibg works.

It also leta you turn elf antagonists into ibteresting one-wing angel forms or have hiccup swit h elf and orc girls around for fun and punishment.

You  make a good point, though I admit my plan had been for Hiccup's army to only include the Minions and Mounts, since while Hiccup wouldn't exactly consider them expandable, they are resurrectable as of the second game, so with a sufficient stockpile of life force they would be effectively immortal. He'd also have a dragon air force, but as the Vikings could attest those reptiles are difficult to kill when they don't have armor, which Hiccup would provide.

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

This is great, yoy can build up the terror and mystery of how she turned into that for a while vefore revealing it.…

Ooh! What if she merged with aurora's mother as part of a sorcers deal that didn't go well for her. Or she's been channeling power from Aurora and getting human traits from exposure

This is a possibility

I appreciate you listening to our suggestions, but don't feel pressured to use the ones you don't want. I like you're reasoning for hiccup, that does sound like him.

Here's a scenario, orcs are an aurora only unit because she's FURIOUS with the elvea over how they treated maleficent. And one thing that makes them fearsome is the twisting keeps them alive until the last drop pf blood is gone and the lasr bone is ground to poweder, so less guilt about it, since theu're fine when she changes them back. Thats assuming an influence from maleficent

5 minutes ago, Red_Light_Zone said:

What did you think of the picture?

I admit I didn't notice the link at first, and I'm not sure what to say about it beyond I am unsure what manner of creature is depicted, beyond its hide has the same pattern as an orca...

4 minutes ago, Strange_idea said:

I appreciate you listening to our suggestions, but don't feel pressured to use the ones you don't want. I like you're reasoning for hiccup, that does sound like him.

Here's a scenario, orcs are an aurora only unit because she's FURIOUS with the elvea over how they treated maleficent. And one thing that makes them fearsome is the twisting keeps them alive until the last drop pf blood is gone and the lasr bone is ground to poweder, so less guilt about it, since theu're fine when she changes them back. Thats assuming an influence from maleficent

This is another possibility, though I admit that with the exception of the Netherghul, who the 'bound sorceresses' summoned to be Hiccup's bodyguards and commanders to his general, I had intended for the mistresses to over see the territiores Hiccup had already conquered rather than engaging in combat, since there'd be little point in conquering new lands if the old ones are going to pit while your back's turned.

Also it would serve as a reasoning for why so many of the mistresses are royalty, when Hiccup took an area from the Glorious Empire, he just reinstated the system of government that the Empire had replaced, with the local Empire official keeping the old leaders, or at least the female ones, as 'trophies'.

Dear lord… How do you even know about Overlord if you’ve never heard of the Legend of Zelda?

I admit I first heard of the Overlord series by accidentally coming across the challenge that gave me the story idea we're discussing... I admit now, I don't recall what I had been trying to find at the time, but 'M' rated fancition challenges weren't it...

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.