Do you hate malexmale fanfiction?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Do you hate malexmale fanfiction?

• 1-MalexMale is okay
    • 2-Don't usually read it but I don't hate it
    • 3-Dislike it
    • 4-HATE IT WITH A BURNING PASSION SO MUCH THAT I
    • 5-COULD ROAST IT OVER A FIRE!
    • 6-Love yaoi soooo much that I can type for days~!
    • 7-Write it, read it, and review it!
    • 8-Flame it!
    • 9-Don't mind it but you'll never catch me reading it!
    • 10-Review it all the time!

I've seen a lot of useless flames and it really annoys me to no end! Why would you read a story or even review a story if you knew it was going to be based on a homosexual couple. I've seen so many nasty reviews before based on hate towards the gay community. I personally enjoy them and don't like even calling them a fag or stuff like that because I have the decency to know they are still people. They are only people who like their own gender! BIG DEAL! It may seem wrong to many people but that's your problem to deal with. I am sick and tired of seeing reviews like:

"Ewwwwww, I hate yaoi/malexmale/homosexual couples! It's so -beeping- nasty! Why would you write -beep- like this!?"

It gets worse people! I can't believe so much hate that is towards the gay community/Fanfic's/Original Stories! It disgusts me! I'm not gay/lesbian but I can understand what it is! People, please! Think for once and try and say-"Oh my god! They are people too! Why am I flaming this person just for writing a story! It's not real but I'm stressing the fact out!"

I wrote a story once and I got this really mean review! That person said that why would I post up stuff like that, and we should be banned for posting crap like this! I was so angry! I write Naruto Fanfiction and it's not real so why make the issue such a big deal for?

I also have some original fic's but flames still come and I am like-

"OH MY GOD! THESE PEOPLE HAVE NO LIFE!"

I mean c'mon! Grow up.

IF YOU AGREE WITH ME STAND UP!

*I stand up* yes.gifclap.giftwo_thumbs.gif

Who else will too?

Allison AKA Pepsi-chan

Edited by SasUke PepSi aDvErTiZeMeNt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damn straight! (or rather, not straight) I've been writing yaoi for seven years now and every month I recieve a flame that makes me loose belief in the good of the human race.

"This is disgusting and they should lock you up in a psych ward for writing such filth!"

My main question to these people is this: if a story is marked yaoi, and this concept offends you, why do you read it? Reading a story just to get fodder for your fire is a pretty sick existence. I mean, I hate homophobes, but I don't read their rants just to attack them. Flaming like this only makes people reluctant to write anything, and that is very depressing. There is nothing wrong with yaoi or homosexuals and until we can get passed this hatred, we'll never move on, just like anyother stigma. Well, that 's my rant for the day. I don't care about what other people write about my stuff, I'll always write guy/guy and girl/girl novels and fanfiction. ^^

I've personally only gotten one flame that was like, "omg! Yaoi is gross!"

Honestly, I think the poor fucker was just looking to flame, tho'. I mean, I had disclaimers and warnings all over the damned place. What do I have to do, spell it out in big letters:

THESE CHARACTERS ARE QUEER FOR EACH OTHER!

It's a bit annoying.

Honestly, I usually get folks who take more of an issue with my pairings.

M/M slash isn't my cup o' tea and I don't write or read it, but I would NEVER slam anyone's story. Whether F/F, M/F, M/M or a person with an inflatable doll.

Isn't AFF for EVERYONES fetishes? Yes?

I don't "flame" peoples work, that is for immature people. If someone's codes and warning aren't my cuppa, then I just find a fic that is. Simple as that.

Exactly!No one is ever freaking safe from such nonsense bull-beep- stuff! There is always this one person that will do something so stupid by flaming something they don't enjoy! Why would you read it! See it makes my point even bigger!

I don't have a problem with Yaoi though it's not something I look for or write often. Ironically I've been flamed more about my girlxgirl stories than the guyxguy stuff. Either way though it made me a little mad but you have to think that person is pitiful for being mean enough to purposely put someone down.

Guest orleans

Personally I love writing and reading M/M. I mean, there's nothing wrong about two people of the same gender being in love, is it now? I just don't understand why some people reduce others to their sexual preferences. That's so stupid.

People who are writing such reviews and ignore all the warnings in the header are just immature and looking for some kind of attention. But unluckily we will have o endure such *Readers*. I just delete and ignore such comments.

clap.gif Stand up too two_thumbs.gif

I have nothing against M/M but I'm about as straight as it gets. Still feels a bit weird to see it. I even read some from time to time if there's F/M or F/F in it somewhere. But it does nothing for me laugh.gif At first I was thinking about replying something like "people suck, get used to it." but this actually brings me to something that's been bothering me for a while. I might call a stereotypical man-whore "gay" for lack of a better word, and be frowned upon when everyone knows I'm right. There's no reason you can't be gay and act like a normal human being XD

So, what I'm trying to say is this:

Not all gays are bad,

Not all gays are good,

Not all flamers are bad,

Not all flamers are good.

Guest Rosemarius
in the words of my gay cousin: just because I like getting *bleep* by another guy doesn't mean that I suddenly have an affinity for decorating!

that's so true!

Write it, read it, review it, wank on...err...ok, you didn't read what you think you just read. You didn't, trust me.

I'm so GAY(y'know happy) that everyone is mostly agreeing with what I am saying here! It's true thought you will never escape pointless flames or someone who is going to be a total ass about these types of things and love the quote....hehehehe! two_thumbs.giflaugh.gif Where's the standing up people???? happydance.gif

I write it and its sort of like the foundation for all my other writing works, so I don't have a problem with it.

I have a problems with people who go "OMGZ EWWW ERNGFDSNDLHFSJSDHDOIHJOFJIH " and then start spouting off with how their work is better because its heterosexual and accurate.

I just tell them the exact same thing I told their mom. "Aww Good for you! Would you like a cookie now?" biggrin.gif

There are girls who love to see guy on guy action, I think it turns them on even if it is in the written word.

Those girls who don't like to see that stuff, must be weird!

If the story is written well, the story will be really good and if it is in a fandom that you are familar with or have some interest in reading about.

Beth

Whatever happened to the days where people could just quietly dislike something and move on? Seriously, if you don't like something why keep reading it? And why take the added time of TELLING the author you don't like something - if you ask me they're a bunch of childish self-lothers. After all it's not like anyone is making them read those fics [/rant]

Sorry - I just really can't stand the moronic types when it comes to slash. If you don't like it, don't read it and leave those who do like it alone - what about that is so hard to comprehend? Really?

It honestly wierds me out when I meet a girl who isn't into yaoi.

It's like ... do they still make you?

spit.gifspit.gifspit.gifspit.gifspit.gifspit.gif

When I first began reading fanfics I wasn't that into slash but one day I read a SasuNaru and I've been hooked ever since now all i read is slash its the best thing ever because you can actually see hints to the relationships in the actual novels and shows. I am proud to say that I am a 100%yaoi fangirl

It honestly wierds me out when I meet a girl who isn't into yaoi.

It's like ... do they still make you?

Lmao hehehe I'ma keep that and put it into my signature!LMSO(laughing my shit out) clap.gif Awesome! I love that people are so understanding!

*Stops being lazy and makes her way onto the boards* WHOOT first post for me. Okay... I'mma be honest... I'm a Yaoi whore. It's all I read, all I write. I started off a a het writer, and suddenly began to HATE writing it. Here's the thing... Het sex is overdone... and for some reason I think because there are just so many times you can write about it without repeating yourself a million times in a millon stories that it just gets BORING. So... I started writing Yaoi and Slash. For some reason... I am better at it, I write better, my sex scenes are hotter, and damn it I LOVE the idea of TWO GORGEOUS guys getting it on.

One of my closest friends (A gay guy) says I have an obsession with Gay couples... he's right. I can't watch an anime now without pointing out why two people in it are gay (I ruined DBZ for my brother doing this). Regardless though I as a Yaoi writer have been flamed more times than I can count by people who read my fics... and if you've read them you know how explicit my writing can be... and then proceed to rip me a new one for writing gay sex. It's childish and usually I don't even bother responding I usually just delete the review and move on, but sometimes I get so mad that I have to walk away from the computer all together just to keep my sanity and to keep from allowing my temper to get the best of me.

All I can say is the world needs to grow up. There are gay people, there are straight people, and damn it we're NO DIFFERENT FROM EACH OTHER! *Breathes* We each have the same hopes, same dreams, same longings, same trials, same needs, etc. etc. etc. I just hope one day people can stop being so close-minded acting like being gay is some disease that is spreading. As a yaoi author there is no way I'mma stop writing to please some retard who read my story despite the fact that I listed like 20 reasons why they shouldn't... that's what a disclaimer is for... you are about to read a yaoi work... meaning M/M relationship, sex, anal, etc. Hm... you'd think they'd pay attention to that and usually in my disclaimer I'll be frank and tell them how explicit it is and to turn back if they are not into gay sex.

These people don't do that, they read the story, and then go into this long bigot filled reason why you're going to burn in hell. I feel like this... If I'm going to hell for finding two males going at it sexy and arousing well at least I'm going to enjoy the path to my fall from grace laugh.gif

I love to read yoai as well and since I am a guy and gay it pisses me off whenever someone reads a yoai story and then disses it. It's like why the fuck are you going to read it if you don't like the stuff? For me that's like eating a potato chip and then saying it sucks. (Which they do in my opinion lol) So why are people being idiots and just making people feel bad for expressing their own personal form of creativity? I just don't understand it.

My boyfriend believes that people only give out flames because they're jealous of how another person can write better than they do, or they're just close-minded assholes.

I don't care what they do with their lives as long as they don't diss the way I am or the what other people like to read regardless of what it is.

The first fan-fic I ever read was...gosh, it was so long ago now, I can't remember. It wasn't on this site (although, I think you can find the author here...Autumn-something-or-another -I'm too lazy to look it up). It was Yu-Gi-Oh yaoi where the Yamis were vampires.

I did this: jawdrop.gif

And I loved it. L.O.V.E.D it.

I don't write yaoi, but, by gods, I'll read the shit out of it! biggrin.gif

You'll always get the homophobic freaks that go out of their way to gay-bash, They call homosexuals sickening freaks. But the truth is by doing that they are making themselves what they are putting out. I'm not gay but i hate homophobes with a passion they have absouletly no right what so ever to flame people for writing their personal views.

The only thing i think is morally corrupt and just utterly disgusting is people writing pedophilia not only that its illegal in just about every country across the planet that is developed its just vile and sickening. Just about anything else is perfectly fine to write about. Child abuse and such is only ok in writing if its expressive and actually fits into the theme and not just there for somebodies sick pleasure.

I've seen a lot of useless flames and it really annoys me to no end! Why would you read a story or even review a story if you knew it was going to be based on a homosexual couple.
Are you sure they read it? It seems to me that they just look for an excuse to flame.

I expect that if i marked my stories with m/m warnings, I would get plenty of 'god i hate homos' reviews, but mighty few 'Hey! Where's the m/m?' replies.