Click Here!

Funny Typos

BronxWench

• 2 weeks later...

Was having a rant session with a friend one time, and didn't know quite what to tell her except that "Everybody has their share of issues."

...only my fingers got ahead of my brain and it came out: "Everybody has their share of idiots."

Called my bf "Mr. Man" one time - redundant, I know, but I was teasing him. So he tries to tease me back...and calls me "Mr. Woman." *facepalm* My sister has yet to let us live it down.

I will admit that my rushed typing of 'puzzled' leaves something to be desired, though.... Because 'puxzled' just doesn't quite make sense.

Edited by Cuzosu

• 2 weeks later...

From the archive ~ ‘Man, what a horrible nightmare I have got to stop snaking on Doritos late at night…’

:rofl: I can just see myself as an anaconda slithering through my living room, gulping up the Doritos I've laid out one at a time, leading me towards my bedroom.

Hell if I remember where I saw it, now, but there was an otherwise wonderful action scene...and then: "he dogged just in time".... Considering he was supposed to be dodging a projectile weapon - a bullet or a knife or something of that sort - I got the giggles. Maybe I've spent too much time with hounds, but the mental image of this character dogging this projectile, and taking into consideration how fast it had to have been moving.... :rofl: Insta-teleport! Suddenly right behind the projectile, tracking it by scent! (Said ftw and broke down laughing. I honestly could not focus enough to read again for at least five full minutes.)

Think I saw that one in a story, too. And....

"It was the begging of the end." Or the "benning" of the end, once, too. (For the latter, I was tempted to send a text to one of my friends named Ben - whom I would have teased at the same time for writing his name as "Bem" and so been all the more amused. Our German teacher handed that particular test back to him and said, "And there isn't a Bem in this class, but you're here, so it must be yours." He turned so red....)

Also:

"You're a knewb, aren't you?"

I always spell it "nube". I'm thinking that I'm a new cube. Like a square, not cool. Or a freshly poured ice cube.

Really? I always think "newbie" and go with that, because I can't bring myself to type just "newb." Though gamer slang spells it n00b most of the time. (My brothers play X-Box, while my bf plays WoW. So I've picked up that much.)

I sometimes have trouble deciding whether to write "confused" or "puzzled"...and when my mind combines the two and I mistype at the same time, it comes out: "confuxzled." :bash::pcwhack::blush: ...Yeah, let's just say it can be embarrassing. I confuxzle myself when I do that. ;)

I sometimes have trouble deciding whether to write "confused" or "puzzled"...and when my mind combines the two and I mistype at the same time, it comes out: "confuxzled." :bash::pcwhack::blush: ...Yeah, let's just say it can be embarrassing. I confuxzle myself when I do that. ;)

You must type really fast for your fingers to get mixed messages from your brain. My typos are usually just my fingers hitting the wrong keys due to ... ahem ... inexperience. *no talent* It would be interesting if I actually posted something that I hadn't back-spaced the hell out of or proof-read to death. I'll probably try that in the chat.

My odd word combos are usually spoken because I definitely talk faster than my brain can keep up.

Hahaha, I do that too, but I do also type fast, so I have times I'll have half a sentence written before I change my mind and backspace to rewrite something else instead. It can be bad. Amusing, but bad.

To make things worse, I've occasionally caught myself thinking out a scene a paragraph or five ahead, then found I'd written the name of one character...who wasn't due to be named for at least another paragraph or two. This instead of putting the correct name, of course. It's...frustrating. Makes me want to kick myself. :P Though it's better than some of the slips of the tongue my family and I have had. One of my twin brothers took the milk out and was shaking it one time, and I acerbically told him, "Quit shaking that; some of us don't like bubbers in our milk." ...the twins looked askance at me for a second before cracking up over my misspoken bubbles. Um, oops?

Oh, and one typo I've had - trying to write more on Heartache, as a matter of fact - is typing "het" instead of "heart"...and it's a yaoi story! :bash::pcwhack:

"I don't know if this cnounts...." (Because I type too fast....)

"Let's see how this goes fist...."

"Time for my daily does of born!" (Not mine, thankfully. I don't mix up my 'b's and 'p's. I'm not that dyslexic. And I get irritable when I catch myself misspelling 'dose' and 'does'....)

While I'm remembering it.... I don't remember where this one was, but when I found it.... *dies laughing*

"What are you talking about? He's obliviously a girl."

• 2 weeks later...

Not here, but in my attempt at NaNo this year (which failed due to me being ill and bed-ridden for almost half of the month November):

- She could tell by looking at their feces that there was something wrong. (Diarrhea, perchance? XD)

- She was quiet quite. (And I am silly very.)

One of my more embarrassing typos.... Well, has anyone else ever typed "carsastic" instead of "sarcastic"?

Running joke for a while was that I had a wonderful sense of carsasm. *blush* You know it's bad when your friends are telling you to quit being carsastic. (At which point I had to be worse, of course. I'm a brat like that. :P )

Edited by Cuzosu

• 3 weeks later...