Click Here!

Another President Thread

Guest Zyx

Good morning America, do you still think you control who rules your country? There's two political parties and their views don't actually differ that much. You can only vote for those parties because not enough people know other candidates in order for those candidates to win. This is because the two big parties have a lot of money, a LOT of money. Chances are whoever wins this election will get told to do whatever he does by the people he got the money from. Alright, that last part may not be all that true but still: You're fucked America :lol:

News flash: America is not a democracy. Our first few presidents were friends and came from the same state. Hell, only rich white men could vote at first. If that isn't a good indicator as to how we as the public have no power, what about George Bush? How the hell did he become president when the majority of us didn't want him? And, really, even if we chose our President and that guy wins, we still don't have any say in what that guy does during his Presidency, we can only hope that he will stick with what he said during the campaign. But, guess what: America is no different than any other country, you can only hope that your leader, publically appointed or not, will do what is best for you, but most of the time, that doesn't happen. The main difference between America and the rest of the world is that a lot of the people here are reeeeally good at lying to themselves. Life sucks, get a helmet.

• 2 years later...
Guest Narutoman

I think the biggest annoyanceof the US government for me (Being a US Citizen), is that they put too much importance on the president. If our country goes into a state of emergency the first person to be protected is him. Let me ask you this. Yeah so they get the president in the air and he is safe. What good does that do him if the country is wiped out by nukes or something? Then he has no one to lead and thus makes him useless anyways. As we learned with the JFK insident, we CAN survive for a few days without a president. That is why we have back up people. Just my opinion on that... Anyone else agree?

• 2 years later...

Mmmmm, some people need to review civics:

This country may look like the government has become slow and ponderous, but it was designed that way. The only thing the framers feared worse than tyranny by the manority was tyranny by the majority

Our government is designed to weather bad leaders, nothing can get done unless both houses of congress ant the exec utile agree- and then it could all still be undone by the judicial

Our gov is designed to move slowly so that any damage by whatever group of loonies is in charge that week can be undone by next weeks loonies

You actually have to read not only the Declaration of Independence, but the full Constitution and the letters and essays of the framers to truly understand this marvelous experiment they conceived. I say that as someone who had an ancestor sign the Declaration of Independence, and who leans towards a Jeffersonian point of view when it comes to the body politic. I've also read a great deal of ancient history, because nothing, my dears, is ever that new.

You actually have to read not only the Declaration of Independence, but the full Constitution and the letters and essays of the framers to truly understand this marvelous experiment they conceived. I say that as someone who had an ancestor sign the Declaration of Independence, and who leans towards a Jeffersonian point of view when it comes to the body politic. I've also read a great deal of ancient history, because nothing, my dears, is ever that new.

Hey, I am!

I agree with Magusfang in that our country was made with safeguards to keep tyrants from taken over. but we might not agree on this. the dem and rep. have been in power so long that they are more concerned with keeping power then doing there job. if you need prof just look what the dems. did in the rep. primary. they sent mailers out to help the rep. win over the tea party candidate.

I agree with Magusfang in that our country was made with safeguards to keep tyrants from taken over. but we might not agree on this. the dem and rep. have been in power so long that they are more concerned with keeping power then doing there job. if you need prof just look what the dems. did in the rep. primary. they sent mailers out to help the rep. win over the tea party candidate.

Speaking as a woman of a certain age, who has been privileged to see a great deal of change in her lifetime, the supremacy of the Tea Party will be occasion for me to actually leave this country. If I'm going to be told that I'm a second class citizen who can't think for herself because my gender makes me incapable of logic, then I'm perfectly happy to take my knowledge, my skills, and my demonstrably superior intellect elsewhere while I pursue a somewhat more Jeffersonian solution to the problem of the Tea Party and its mission of oppression. Revolution was not only contemplated as a future event by our Founding Fathers. They were wise enough to provide the blueprints on how to take our country back from future fundamentalist oppressors. Certainly, any group that would deny rights to anyone who isn't an older male of a specific religious persuasion and ethnicity counts as an oppressor, don't you think? Or did we just fight a war against the Taliban and Al Qaeda based on their fashion choices?

I won't argue that the current bipartisan party system is more than broken, but replacing it with oppression and backward thinking is not the answer. Perhaps it's time for the moderate voices to be heard again, or for us to stop electing lawyers to govern us.

attack_of_the_zombie_smiley_by_purple_ca

My I recommend a new party? That's right The Zombie Party! We're making converts everyday!

Isn't that right Bronx...wanna drangon? t143035.gif

Edited by magusfang

the tea party is interested in small government not taking rights from groups of people. the problem is that WE don't have a right to everything we want. we have a unalienable right to "life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" everything else we have to earn and are responsible for getting for ourselves. if we want a house, health care, a car etc. we have to work for it and earn it.