Click Here!

Unable to update story data for story in "missing data" category

Hi,

I was looking through my story profile yesterday and noticed that following the site updates one of them has ended up with a lot of the details stripped out and placed in the “missing data” catagory 

Edit – link removed as now sorted!

First thing I did once I had the system access back was to go in and try to update it, but having filed in the fields (most of the info is luckily at the top of the story in the header notes) when I tried to submit it it went to a screen with a white rectangle and no message, then when I went back to my profile the story none of the updates I keyed on the story manager had saved. Is there a different process with stories in the ‘missing data’ category? I’m happy to do whatever’s needed but thought I’d check here. I could just delete and repost, if needed, but that would cause it to appear back on page 1 and possibly ruin someone’s day and I swear there used to be some rule against doing that anyway without any changes on account of people would do it to get visibility back on a story. Or that may have been another site. I dunno it’s been damn near 20 years… 

Fingers crossed this is my last tech support question now!

Edited by JayDee

3 hours ago, JayDee said:

Hi,

I was looking through my story profile yesterday and noticed that following the site updates one of them has ended up with a lot of the details stripped out and placed in the “missing data” catagory –

https://members.adult-fanfiction.org/profile.php?no=1296777934&view=story&zone=anime2

Edit – Warning to any curious passersby, do not click this link, that story falls in the “fucked up repugnant shit” section.

First thing I did once I had the system access back was to go in and try to update it, but having filed in the fields (most of the info is luckily at the top of the story in the header notes) when I tried to submit it it went to a screen with a white rectangle and no message, then when I went back to my profile the story none of the updates I keyed on the story manager had saved. Is there a different process with stories in the ‘missing data’ category? I’m happy to do whatever’s needed but thought I’d check here. I could just delete and repost, if needed, but that would cause it to appear back on page 1 and possibly ruin someone’s day and I swear there used to be some rule against doing that anyway without any changes on account of people would do it to get visibility back on a story. Or that may have been another site. I dunno it’s been damn near 20 years… 

Fingers crossed this is my last tech support question now!

I think I have it sorted out.

At the moment. members aren’t able to edit details of stories, add tags, or move them within the subdomain. More gremlins infesting the code...

1 hour ago, JayDee said:

Thank you again - makes sense, thanks also for the explanation! I really appreciate all the support.

I’m always happy to help! :lol: 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.