Click Here!

Strange font change between chapters?

I noticed something strange in the way my different chapters look. I’m attaching how it looks from my perspective in case it looks different from other people.

How do I change this? I think that it might partly be due to the file.

I think it used to be in an older format, but that shouldn’t affect how it looks when entering it into the text box of the site.

Screenshot 2024-03-06 162541.jpg

Screenshot 2024-03-06 162611.jpg

11 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Hey @BronxWench, sorry to be the person who keeps tagging you. I just wanted to know if anyone can tell me how to fix this issue.

I’m not entirely sure what’s causing the initial font changes, but… I know in Word, you have the option to select a format for different sections of a document, like “Heading” or “Title” or “Normal” and those affect how the text appears. You can apparently set different fonts for some format options, I believe. If that’s what happened, you can fix that by selecting just one format for the entire document. I usually go with “No Spacing” myself.

There’s a similar format option in my email interface as well—I use Thunderbird to see all my email addresses in one place. (Don’t ask. It’s complicated.) I can choose between things like “Body Text” or “Paragraph” or “Heading” which then formats my text. It’s useful if I’ve copy-pasted something into the email that doesn’t match the format of the email client.

Other than that, you can try selecting all of your chapter in the Rich Text Editor, and then setting a single font and size for the entire document.

1 hour ago, BronxWench said:

I’m not entirely sure what’s causing the initial font changes, but… I know in Word, you have the option to select a format for different sections of a document, like “Heading” or “Title” or “Normal” and those affect how the text appears. You can apparently set different fonts for some format options, I believe. If that’s what happened, you can fix that by selecting just one format for the entire document. I usually go with “No Spacing” myself.

There’s a similar format option in my email interface as well—I use Thunderbird to see all my email addresses in one place. (Don’t ask. It’s complicated.) I can choose between things like “Body Text” or “Paragraph” or “Heading” which then formats my text. It’s useful if I’ve copy-pasted something into the email that doesn’t match the format of the email client.

Other than that, you can try selecting all of your chapter in the Rich Text Editor, and then setting a single font and size for the entire document.

Yeah, that’s what is weird. I used the same document editor for this type of thing. In fact, the final piece actually looks fine despite it being weirder format wise. For some weird reason, it seems to have happened when I copied and pasted it to the web.

37 minutes ago, Deadman said:

Yeah, that’s what is weird. I used the same document editor for this type of thing. In fact, the final piece actually looks fine despite it being weirder format wise. For some weird reason, it seems to have happened when I copied and pasted it to the web.

The RTE has been a bit odd lately. We’re aware of the quirks, and hopefully we’ll get those cleared up.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, BronxWench said:

The RTE has been a bit odd lately. We’re aware of the quirks, and hopefully we’ll get those cleared up.

No worries, not a super urgent matter because people can still read it in full. Just thinking about consistency for readers. Might seem weird to them.

Also I was worried that I’d somehow missed something in terms of formatting. But again, not urgent.

Edited by Deadman

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.