Click Here!

Are there good and bad rules around responding to reviews?

Deadman

So, I’m still sorta figuring out things on the archive and the forum. My understanding is that review replies is a thing and I think that I created one for my stuff posted.

But is there things I shouldn’t do? Should I take a screenshot and put it on the forum so people know who I’m responding to? Copy and paste the review? Mention the person or not?

Like I said, still trying to figure things out but I had a few reviews that I thought about responding to but couldn’t figure out what the right way to do it is.

My personal preference is to copy and paste the body of the review, and lead off with the title of the story being reviewed, and the name left by the reviewer so they know I’m acknowledging their review. The I paste the review text and frame it as a quote, and then I reply.

I’m not a forum mod, so take this with a grain of salt, but I don’t think it’s an issue if you want to use a screenshot of the review instead of copying and pasting like I do.

19 hours ago, BronxWench said:

My personal preference is to copy and paste the body of the review, and lead off with the title of the story being reviewed, and the name left by the reviewer so they know I’m acknowledging their review. The I paste the review text and frame it as a quote, and then I reply.

I’m not a forum mod, so take this with a grain of salt, but I don’t think it’s an issue if you want to use a screenshot of the review instead of copying and pasting like I do.

Okay, I just want to make sure I don’t do anything I’m not supposed to. Do you use a specific part of the forum?

I’ve seen a few people posting on here with the title “Review Replies” along with the title. But I think it’s supposed to go in a specific forum place.

Review replies go in the Fan Fiction section of the forum, in one of the four threads right after “Searching for a Fic”. 

I use a general thread for my original fiction, and another general thread for my fan fiction. (That’s why I identify the story by name, and then the reviewer name before I quote the review itself.) Both of those live in the All Other Subdomains section, under their own subcategories of Original Writing and Games.

So, for your Buffy fiction, you’d post the review reply thread in the Non Anime/Single Fandom Subdomains section, in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer subcategory.

23 hours ago, BronxWench said:

Review replies go in the Fan Fiction section of the forum, in one of the four threads right after “Searching for a Fic”. 

I use a general thread for my original fiction, and another general thread for my fan fiction. (That’s why I identify the story by name, and then the reviewer name before I quote the review itself.) Both of those live in the All Other Subdomains section, under their own subcategories of Original Writing and Games.

So, for your Buffy fiction, you’d post the review reply thread in the Non Anime/Single Fandom Subdomains section, in the Buffy the Vampire Slayer subcategory.

Right, I think this is what I’ve done.

Based on what you’re saying, this post is the one I should do replies under?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.